/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Punishment in the grave for certain sins

ayan333
07-22-2008, 05:06 PM
:sl:

i came across this n thought i would share..i hope its of use.

Expert: Dr. Hussein Labib
Date: 2/12/2005
Subject: punishment in the grave

Question
asalam alaykum, i am going to paste a extract of this person who used it in a forum for a wake up call, for me i personally believe its not but only to scare existing muslims and even move them away from islam, is the following true?

the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful

Here is a list of some of the Punishments of the Grave.
The following punishments are taken from a lengthy Hadith in Al-Bukhari.

For the one who uses his eyes or mouth for evil:

In the Grave the Prophet Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa salaam) saw a man standing over another man carrying a large Iron hook. He stuck the hook into his mouth and ripped his mouth open down to his neck. His cheeks tore off from the force. He then stuck the hook into his eyes and ripped down his face until his neck. He then stuck the hook into his nose and then ripped down his face until his neck. He screamed a terrible scream each time the hook was inserted. When he was done, the one who was tortured, his face was returned to his original state. The punishment was repeated and will be repeated till the Day of Judgment.

The one who learnt Quran but then ignored it and for the one who oversleeps the Prayers (eg Fajr).

He will have his head smashed open with a solid rock until the day of judgment. Some narration also state that his body shall also be smashed.

The one who consumes Usury (Interest).

He will swim in a river of blood or boiling tar and every time he wants to get out, a person at the bank will smash a rock into his mouth, crushing his teeth etc. The person will fall back into the river and the process will continue.

The adulterer or adulteress.

These people will be in a clay lined pit and shall be burned from beneath. The force and heat of the fire will force them up the walls of the pit but they shall never come out as Allah wills. Their bodies will be roasted. In another narration it states that at the same time, they will be stoned with rocks of fire.

The following punishment is from Sunan Abu Dawud: Hadith No.4860 and also "Sahih al-Ja'mi" 2/926:

The Backbiter:

They will have nails of copper that will scratch at their faces till the Day of Judgment. Their copper nails will rip their skins and their eyes and the insides of their mouths until their is nothing left. Then Allah will restore their faces and the punishment will begin again.

From Al-Bukhari (I believe).

The one who abondons Salat or whos Salat is not accepted:

They will perform Wudu with boiling fluid that will melt their skins. Then they will perform their Salat that they missed or that was not accepted on a scorching floor of fire. (Another narration states, on a floor of fire and nails). This will continue till the Day of Judgment.

Other narrations mention insects, worms and snakes that will eat at the body.

Get the answer below

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
07-22-2008, 05:07 PM
ah i read this before, and sicker things. this is so scary. how do you avoid it???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????/ ya allah i am pretty sure i got a spot in the grave with the punishment waiting :( :( :( :scared:

pinkorchid
07-22-2008, 05:21 PM
i never heard these things before.very scary

Danah
07-22-2008, 08:27 PM
ya allah protect us from all those
jazaki allah khair for shairing sister

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Simply_Logical
07-22-2008, 08:29 PM
inshallah allah forgive us and save us! :cry:

ayan333
07-22-2008, 08:41 PM

i no its so scary..now i question al my salas,wadu and everything else i do...i try my best although there is room for improvement...i suggest we pray sunnah evey single time we can can Insh ALLAH

Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, we would like to thank you for showing keenness on knowing the teachings of Islam, and we appreciate the great confidence you have in us. We hope our efforts meet your expectations, yet we apologize for the late reply.

With regard to your question, Sheikh Hamed Al-`Ali, instructor of Islamic Heritage at the Faculty of Education, Kuwait and Imam of Dahiat As-Sabahiyya Mosque, answers:

“Sunnah prayers have many benefits, some of which may be outlined as follows:

1- Sunnah Prayers bring more reward to Allah’s servant, as increasing voluntary Prayers is the best of supererogatory acts after Jihad in the Cause of Allah.

2- Sunnah Prayers compensate and make up for any shortcoming or incompleteness in the obligatory Prayers.

3- The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said: Whoever prays twelve Rak`at during the day and night will have a house built for him in Paradise.” (Reported by At-Tirmidhi)

4- It is stated in a hadith that whenever a Muslim prostrates to Allah, He will elevate him one degree and forgive him one bad deed.” (Reported by At-Tirmidhi)

5- Sunnah Prayers increase the light of Iman (faith) in the heart, as each Prayer brings light to the heart of Muslim.”

In his The Reliance of the Traveler, Ahmad ibn Naqeeb Al-Misri, explains the Sunnah Prayers before and after the Prescribed Prayers, as follows:

"It is Sunnah to diligently perform the nonobligatory Prayers that are offered before and after the Prescribed ones.

The optimal number of these is two rak`ahs (Prayer units) before the Fajr Prayer, four before and after the Zuhr Prayer, four before the `Asr Prayer, two after the Maghrib Prayer, and two after the `Isha' Prayer.

The confirmed Prayers of these, which the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) did not leave whether traveling or at home, consist of ten rak`ahs:

1- Two before the Fajr Prayer,

2- Two before and after the Zuhr Prayer,

3- Two after the Maghrib Prayer, and

4- Two after the `Isha' Prayer.

It is recommended to pray two rak`ahs before the Maghrib Prayer.

The Sunnah of the Jum`ah Prayer are the same as those of the Zhur Prayer.”

Do keep in touch. If you have any other question, don't hesitate to contact us.

Allah Almighty knows best.

glo
07-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Can you evidence where Dr. Hussein Labib gets this information from?

It is just the kind of scare-mongering I find quite distasteful :uuh:... whatever happened to Allah, the Merciful and the Forgiving?

truemuslim
07-22-2008, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Can you evidence where Dr. Hussein Labib gets this information from?

It is just the kind of scare-mongering I find quite distasteful :uuh:... whatever happened to Allah, the Merciful and the Forgiving?
thats what i asked in one of my threads :embarrass

Ali.
07-22-2008, 08:46 PM
^ I find it hard to believe. In the Qur'an Allah does not mention punishments before you are judged after you have died. Could somebody provide proof for the thread topic please?

ayan333
07-22-2008, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
^ I find it hard to believe. In the Qur'an Allah does not mention punishments before you are judged after you have died. Could somebody provide proof for the thread topic please?

Can you please tell me what are the trials of the grave that we ask allah (saw) to save us from.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

When the son of Adam dies and his soul departs and he is placed in his grave, then he is in the first stage of the Hereafter, because the grave is the first of the stages of the Hereafter.

It was narrated that Haani’ the freed slave of ‘Uthmaan ibn ‘Affaan said: when ‘Uthman ibn ‘Affaan stood by a grave he would weep until his beard became wet. It was said to him, “You remember Paradise and Hell and you do not weep, but you weep because of this?” He said, “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The grave is the first of the stages of the Hereafter; whoever is saved from it, whatever comes afterwards will be easier for him, but if he is not saved from it, what comes afterwards will be worse for him.’” And the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I have never seen any scene but the grave is more frightening than it.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2308; Ibn Maajah, 4567; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1684).

Secondly:

The two angels who are charged with questioning come to him and ask him what he used to believe in in this world, who was his Lord, what was his religion and who was his Prophet. If he gives a good answer, that is good, but if he does not answer them they inflict a severe and painful beating on him.

If he was one of the righteous, angels with white faces come to him, but if he was one of the evildoers, angels with dark faces come to him. This is the fitnah or tribulation that he suffers.

It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, ‘Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min al-kasali wa’l-haram wa’l-maghram wa’l-ma’tham. Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min ‘adhaab al-naar wa fitnat il-naar, wa fitnat il-qabri, wa ‘adhaab il-qabri, wa sharri fitnat il-ghina wa sharri fitnat il-faqair wa min sharri fitnat il-maseeh il-Dajjaal. Allaahumma ighsil khataayaaya bi ma’ al-thalji wa’l-baradi wa naqqi qalbi min al-khataaya kama yunaqqa al-thawb al-abyad min al-danas, wa baa’id bayni wa bayna khataayaaya kama baa’adta bayna al-mashriqi wa’l-maghrib (O Allah! I seek refuge with You from laziness and old age, and from debts and sins; from the torment of the Fire and from the tribulation of the Fire, and from the tribulation of the grave and the torment of the grave, and from the evil of the tribulation of wealth, and from the evil of the tribulation of poverty, and from the evil of the tribulation of the Dajjaal (Antichrist). O Allah! Wash away my sins with the water of snow and hail, and cleanse my heart from sin as a white garment is cleansed from filth, and put a great distance between me and my sins, as great as the distance You have made between the East and the West).”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6014).

Ibn Hajar said:

The phrase “from the tribulation of the grave” means the questioning of the two angels.

Fath al-Baari, 11/177.

And al-Mubaarakfoori said:

“The tribulation of the grave” means confusion when answering the two angels.

Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi, 9/328

Thirdly:

With regard to the questions that the angels will ask in the grave, this is explained clearly in the following hadeeth:

It was narrated that al-Bara’ (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: We went out with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for the funeral of a man from among the Ansaar. We came to the grave and when (the deceased) was placed in the lahd, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sat down and we sat around him, as if there were birds on our heads (i.e., quiet and still). In his hand he had a stick with which he was scratching the ground. Then he raised his head and said, “Seek refuge with Allaah from the torment of the grave”, two or three times. Then he said, “When the believing slave is about to depart this world and enter the Hereafter, there come down to him from heaven angels with white faces like the sun, and they sit around him as far as the eye can see. They bring with them shrouds from Paradise and perfumes from Paradise. Then the Angel of Death comes and sits by his head, and he says, ‘O good soul, come forth to forgiveness from Allaah and His pleasure.’ Then it comes out easily like a drop of water from the the mouth of a waterskin. When he seizes it, they do not leave it in his hand for an instant before they take it and put it in that shroud with that perfume, and there comes from it a fragrance like the finest musk on the face of the earth. Then they ascend and they do not pass by any group of angels but they say, ‘Who is this good soul?’ and they say, ‘It is So and so the son of So and so, calling him by the best names by which he was known in this world, until they reach the lowest heaven. They ask for it to be opened to them and it is opened, and (the soul) is welcomed and accompanied to the next heaven by those who are closest to Allaah, until they reach the seventh heaven. Then Allaah says: ‘Record the book of My slave in ‘Illiyoon in the seventh heaven, and return him to the earth, for from it I created them, to it I will return them and from it I will bring them forth once again.’ So his soul is returned to his body and there come to him two angels who make him sit up and they say to him, ‘Who is your Lord?’ He says, ‘Allaah.’ They say, ‘What is your religion?’ He says, ‘My religion is Islam.’ They say, ‘Who is this man who was sent among you?’ He says, ‘He is the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).’ They say, ‘What did you do?’ He says, ‘I read the Book of Allaah and I believed in it.’ Then a voice calls out from heaven, ‘My slave has spoken the truth, so prepare for him a bed from Paradise and clothe him from Paradise, and open for him a gate to Paradise.’ Then there comes to him some of its fragrance, and his grave is made wide, as far as he can see. Then there comes to him a man with a handsome face and handsome clothes, and a good fragrance, who says, ‘Receive the glad tidings that will bring you joy this day.’ He says, ‘Who are you? Your face is a face which brings glad tidings.’ He says, ‘I am your righteous deeds.’ He says, ‘O Lord, hasten the Hour so that I may return to my family and my wealth.’ But when the disbelieving slave is about to depart this world and enter the Hereafter, there come down to him from heaven angels with black faces, bringing sackcloth, and they sit around him as far as the eye can see. Then the Angel of Death comes and sits by his head, and he says, ‘O evil soul, come forth to the wrath of Allaah and His anger.’ Then his soul disperses inside his body, then comes out cutting the veins and nerves, like a skewer passing through wet wool. When he seizes it, they do not leave it in his hand for an instant before they take it and put it in that sackcloth, and there comes from it a stench like the foulest stench of a dead body on the face of the earth. Then they ascend and they do not pass by any group of angels but they say, ‘Who is this evil soul?’ and they say, ‘It is So and so the son of So and so, calling him by the worst names by which he was known in this world, until they reach the lowest heaven. They ask for it to be opened to them and it is not opened.” Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited (interpretation of the meaning):

“for them the gates of heaven will not be opened, and they will not enter Paradise until the camel goes through the eye of the needle”

[al-A’raaf 7:40]

He said: “Then Allaah says, ‘Record the book of My slave in Sijjeen in the lowest earth, and return him to the earth, for from it I created them, to it I will return them and from it I will bring them forth once again.’ So his soul is cast down.” Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“and whoever assigns partners to Allaah, it is as if he had fallen from the sky, and the birds had snatched him, or the wind had thrown him to a far off place”

[al-Hajj 22:31]

He said: “Then his soul is returned to his body, and there come to him two angels who make him sit up and they say to him, ‘Who is your Lord?’ He says, ‘Oh, oh, I don’t know.’ They say, ‘What is your religion?’ He says, ‘Oh, oh, I don’t know.’ Then a voice calls out from heaven, ‘Prepare for him a bed from Hell and clothe him from Hell, and open for him a gate to Hell.’ Then there comes to him some of its heat and hot winds, and his grave is constricted and compresses him until his ribs interlock. Then there comes to him a man with an ugly face and ugly clothes, and a foul stench, who says, ‘Receive the bad news, this is the day that you were promised.’ He says, ‘Who are you? Your face is a face which forebodes evil.’ He says, ‘I am your evil deeds.’ He says, ‘O Lord, do not let the Hour come, do not let the Hour come.’”

Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4753; Ahmad, 18063 – this version was narrated by him. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1676.

The correct view is that the two angels will only question the deceased in his grave about matters of Tawheed (monotheism) and ‘aqeedah (belief). This is quite clear.

And Allaah knows best.

------
07-23-2008, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
ah i read this before, and sicker things. this is so scary. how do you avoid it???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????/ ya allah i am pretty sure i got a spot in the grave with the punishment waiting :( :( :( :scared:
:salamext:

You avoid it by reciting Surah Mulk (69) every night before you sleep.

Ibne-Abbas {R.A} narrates that someone amongst the companions of the Nabi {S.A.W} set up his tent over a grave, without realizing that it was a grave, suddenly he heard the person of the grave reciting, Surah Mulk, up to the end of the Surah. He came to Nabi {S.A.W} and said, “Oh Rasoolullah (S.A.W.), I set up my tent unknowingly over a grave, and suddenly I heard someone reciting Surah Mulk up to its end. Nabi {S.A.W} said, “It is the defender, it is the protector which safeguards him from the punishment in the grave. {Tirmidhi} How merciful is Allah? He has given us a remedy for the punishment of the grave.

Allah has sent it for us, and we are told about its protection of us in the grave but yet, we make no effort towards the reciting of it. Is it because we don’t know to recite the Quraan? Or is it because of sheer laziness and negligence?

Source

ayan333
07-23-2008, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

Ibne-Abbas {R.A} narrates that someone amongst the companions of the Nabi {S.A.W} set up his tent over a grave, without realizing that it was a grave, suddenly he heard the person of the grave reciting, Surah Mulk, up to the end of the Surah. He came to Nabi {S.A.W} and said, “Oh Rasoolullah (S.A.W.), I set up my tent unknowingly over a grave, and suddenly I heard someone reciting Surah Mulk up to its end. Nabi {S.A.W} said, “It is the defender, it is the protector which safeguards him from the punishment in the grave. {Tirmidhi} How merciful is Allah? He has given us a remedy for the punishment of the grave.

Allah has sent it for us, and we are told about its protection of us in the grave but yet, we make no effort towards the reciting of it. Is it because we don’t know to recite the Quraan? Or is it because of sheer laziness and negligence?

Source

i compeletly agre with you on this sis...for those who wee ignorant in knowing this myself including (found out lil while ago) shouldnt ever go to sleep with out reading this..ALLAH (SWA) out of his Grace as given us this and yet we dont apply it

for those who fear the hellfire and the tourment of the grave as we all do,im pretty sure knowlege of this Beautiful Surah and its benefits come to us with ease and a source of reliance..i was surely happy when i found out what this Surah can do for us..

now,i have a couple of questions regarding this if anyone with knowledge of it can plz answer

1. arabic is not my first language and therefore i dont know the meaning of th ayats,therefore is that a must or can i jus get the benefits without knowing the meaning

2. after reading this Surah do i spit on my hands and rub it on my bddy before going to sleep

Insh ALLH if these answers could be answered i would greatly appreciate it.

Shukran in advance

truemuslim
07-23-2008, 06:31 PM

Source
aw jazakallah khair sis :D:D:D

ayan333
08-06-2008, 08:20 AM

Source

sis,ive been thinking lately...i was wondering if you knew if we read Surah Mulk and then have to blow on the body 3 times like Prophet Muhammed (saw) did when he (saw) read the last 3 chapter of the qu'ran before going to sleep?

Ummu Sufyaan
08-09-2008, 08:58 AM
oh allah the merciful is still there and all...just because punishment, or rather justice has been "handed down" doesn't negate His mercy.

Compare this to a mother/father raising their kid. the mum/dad love their kid...so they wouldnt want to harm him...but when the kid oversteps his/her bounds the kid will deffo get a some sort of discipline...so does that negate the mercy of the parents...?

i mean another example is of the human intellect. glo im guessing your a wise women:) but you asking this question indicates a lil ignorance on your part, :)excuse my bluntness but that doesn't negate your wiseness.

oh and lets not forget Allah's vast mercy when He has given as everything without us having to ask for it...eg mother... father ...family...health...wealth the air we breathe...water...food...oh the list goes on....

oh and not to mention the chance at repentance...ahhh now that is a blessing on a whole new level...:shade:

so you see everything has its time and place innit. it all about a balance :statisfie:shade:

and at thread starter, sis, when you pass on knowledge like this, please have along side it descriptions of jannah, etc, so that it doesnt make people scared and hopeless, but yeah scared and hopeful :)

Yanal
03-19-2009, 01:37 AM
Allah is worthy and All Mighty. What do you mean where's Allah the All forgiving? He is forgiving thats why he forgives us if we sincerly repent and thats only till we die after that he will say to a sinner I gave you many chances but you didn't choose wisely.

syilla
06-09-2009, 06:16 AM
*bump

catalzzy
06-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Salam all, this is SCARY!!!! :(

glo
06-25-2009, 10:01 PM
I must say that I intensely dislike how such threads create fear in people.

Should we not be drawn to God by the awe we feel at his glory and mercy?
Does God really want us to follow him out of fear, or does he love us and hopes for our love and desire to serve in return?

People trying to cow me into believing through the use of fear only put me off ...

(Just my personal thoughts, of course)

ayan333
06-25-2009, 10:05 PM

^ ... Take provision; but the best provision is taqwa of Allah. So have taqwa of Me, people of intelligence! (Surat al-Baqara: 197)

(Taqwa means consciousness, awe or fear of Allah, which inspires a person to be on guard against wrong action and eager for actions which please Him. In this book, it will be translated as "fearing Allah" or "guarding against evil" or "righteousness" according to the context.)

Ummu Sufyaan
06-26-2009, 02:53 AM
fear without love is stupid. love without fear is stupid...balance is the key.

who says we dont...

Does God really want us to follow him out of fear, or does he love us and hopes for our love and desire to serve in return?
as i said: fear without love is stupid. love without fear is stupid...balance is the key.

People trying to cow me into believing through the use of fear only put me off ...
i tired explaining before but perhaps you missed it?

thank god for that...

glo
06-26-2009, 06:19 AM
Ayan333 and Umm ul-Shaheed, I understand what you are saying, and I agree that we should fear God as well as love him.

Still, it seems that some people get a real kick out of describing those punishments in the grave/afterlife in every detail. It seems unhealthy to me.

Not so long ago one atheist on this forum commented that he thought God to be a tyrant, and if God really existed, he would never follow him.
When I read posts such as the OP, I understand why this atheist member might think so.
A God who thinks up and inflicts on sinners punishments such as having their bodies ripped apart, being hung from their breasts, or others just doesn't seem very respectable ...

Salaam

P.S. Umm ul-Shaheed, I may indeed have missed your previous explanation. Can you point me in the right direction, please?

Yanal
06-26-2009, 06:26 AM
I have viewed a video right now for the punishment of missing the fajr prayer. I do not remember the Hadith in word to word format but insh'Allah will try. The Prophet Muhammad(PBUh) had a dream where two angels brought him to a land until he saw a man lying down and an another man holding a rock and bashing it until it dislodged and after the rock moved away the man throwing it went after it and during that time the mans head grew back and this happens till the day of Judgement for just missing the Fajr salah. May Allah protect us from that and guide us to the light. Ameen.

جوري
06-26-2009, 06:29 AM
whereas I haven't read the original post and am not quite sure of Dr. labib's background or authority on such matters, as it happens labib is usually a christian name, nonetheless, I don't believe anyone posts such threads to convince a 'christian, or an atheist' of anything.

I believe the target of such posts are other Muslims, so whether true or not, I don't see how it impacts you personally?

all the best

Ummu Sufyaan
06-26-2009, 09:33 AM
Ayan333 and Umm ul-Shaheed, I understand what you are saying, and I agree that we should fear God as well as love him.
where have we negated His Love?

Still, it seems that some people get a real kick out of describing those punishments in the grave/afterlife in every detail. It seems unhealthy to me.
why have you accused those who share this knowledge as "getting the kicks?" i wonder why haven't you instead made the excuse that perhaps they dont know any better just yet?

Not so long ago one atheist on this forum commented that he thought God to be a tyrant, and if God really existed, he would never follow him. When I read posts such as the OP, I understand why this atheist member might think so.
say the ones who look at it one sided...

A God who thinks up and inflicts on sinners punishments such as having their bodies ripped apart, being hung from their breasts, or others just doesn't seem very respectable ...
how funny that you ignored the rewards of those who repent and obey Him eg paradise/forgiveness...for someone who has been on an Islamic forum for 3 yrs (?) one wouldn't be blamed for thinking you have intentionally refused to mention all the threads about paradise, repentance etc...seriously your points are laughable.

Salaam
salaam
P.S. Umm ul-Shaheed, I may indeed have missed your previous explanation. Can you point me in the right direction, please?
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...tml#post986445

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
whereas I haven't read the original post and am not quite sure of Dr. labib's background or authority on such matters, as it happens labib is usually a christian name, nonetheless, I don't believe anyone posts such threads to convince a 'christian, or an atheist' of anything.

I believe the target of such posts are other Muslims, so whether true or not, I don't see how it impacts you personally?
ditto, and well said!

- IqRa -
06-26-2009, 09:39 AM

Fear and hope...that is what Islam is based on sister.

They do not get a 'kick' out of it, it helps them wake up and realise the value of this world and what they have to strive for, and what is waiting for them in the future.

SubhanAllah sister. Who are we to think what is respectable or not? How much do we actually respect God and listen to him, that He should give us what we want and he should not punish us?

Whatever Allah does is His Wisdom. We have no knowledge compared to His, and no Wisdom compared to His. If he decides to do something, why do we complain? He made us, He created us! He Knows best.

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...tml#post986445

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
I have viewed a video right now for the punishment of missing the fajr prayer. I do not remember the Hadith in word to word format but insh'Allah will try. The Prophet Muhammad(PBUh) had a dream where two angels brought him to a land until he saw a man lying down and an another man holding a rock and bashing it until it dislodged and after the rock moved away the man throwing it went after it and during that time the mans head grew back and this happens till the day of Judgement for just missing the Fajr salah.
"...'I have seen many wonders tonight. What does all that mean which I have seen?' They replied, 'We will inform you: As for the first man you came upon whose head was being injured with the rock, he is the symbol of the one who studies the Quran and then neither recites it nor acts on its orders, and sleeps, neglecting the enjoined prayers..."

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 171 (click to view full hadith, you will need to scroll down the bottom of the page)

May Allah protect us from that and guide us to the light. Ameen.
Ameen brother.

glo
06-26-2009, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
Following your link was indeed like a déjà vu, sis. Clearly we have had this discussion before. And clearly neither of our views have changed much. :)

You know, I may have been in this forum for three years, but my memory isn't terribly good ... and I certainly don't remember all 5000+ posts I have written during that time ... :rollseyes ... so thanks for the reminder.

zzyne
03-21-2010, 11:55 AM

I have spoken to a learned and wise aalim about safeguarding oneself against the punishment of the grave.

My question to him

" How can i save myself from th punishment of the grave?"

Aalim's answer :

" Guard your gazes, guard your private parts"

I suppose that in addition to observing the obligatory prayers and abstaining from sin, we should be morally upright.

Hope i helped

-Zzyne

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.