/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Housewife who killed a neighbour

north_malaysian
07-23-2008, 05:49 AM
COURT UPHOLDS JAIL TERM FOR HOUSEWIFE WHO KILLED NEIGHBOUR

By M. Mageswari

PUTRAJAYA: A housewife who caused the death of her elderly neighbour failed in an appeal for her 19-year jail sentence to be reduced.

Jamilah Jamlus, 36, was convicted for causing the death of Zainab Long at a house in Yan Kechil in Kedah on the night of Nov 9, 2003.

The Alor Star High Court had on March 11 last year sentenced her to 19 years' jail after she admitted to an alternative charge of manslaughter.

In dismissing her appeal, Court of Appeal Justice Gopal Sri Ram, who sat together with Justices Hasan Lah and Vincent Ng, said the Bench was unanimous in the decision.

Justice Sri Ram questioned her on the case, saying the deceased was a 76-yeaqr-old woman.

"You killed her because you wanted to steal her jewellery"? ask Justice Sri Ram.

Jamilah contended that she was drunk when she committed the offence and that she was facing pressure from her husband at that time.

Justice Sri Ram said that was not an excuse to commit the crime.

"If the deputy public prosecutor proceded with the murder charge, you could be sentenced to death. This 76-year-old lady trusted you but you slit her throat.

"You put a pillow on her face and suffocated her," said Justice Sri Ram.

Jamilah had gone to Zainab's house to borrow money from her. She had begged Zainab to lend her RM 1,000.00 but the victim told her she did not have the money.

At that time, Jamilah saw her neighbour wearing a gold bangle. Then while watching television, Zainab had asked Jamilah to sleep over at her house.

Upon noticing that Zainab had fallen asleep, Jamilah took a knife and tried to get the bangle from her hand.

Zainab awoke and started to shout, causing Jamilah to suffocate her with a pillow.

Jamilah also hit Zainab's head with the knife few times before slitting her throat. She also hit Zainab's head and mouth with a grinding stone before taking the gold bangle from her.

Source: The Star, 23.07.2008, page N33

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
07-23-2008, 05:51 AM
she got 19 years jail sentence and still appealing to reduce the jail term after doing such a horrible thing...... :'(

aminahjaan
07-23-2008, 05:55 AM
that's scary.

north_malaysian
07-23-2008, 06:00 AM
and this happened in Yan Kechil.

I've been to Yan Kechil, it's a small village surrounded by paddy fields. 100% of the population are Muslims.

And she said that she got drunk....... :thumbs_do

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aminahjaan
07-23-2008, 06:01 AM
whattt?
A tipsy Muslim?
Tskkk tskk

north_malaysian
07-23-2008, 06:13 AM
Imagine, Zainab was a nice old lady. Then a neighbour came to her and talked to her about her financial problems and pressures from the husband. Then this neighbour begged Zainab to borrow her RM1,000.00.

Zainab was a villager and she doesnt have RM1,000.00 cash to give to her neighbour.

The only thing that she could do is to give her neighbour some food and protect her from the husband. That's why she asked the killer to sleep over there.

But, she was killed because she has a golden bangle... which could be her only possession to survive.

truemuslim
07-23-2008, 08:09 AM
lol everyone uses the "i was drunk and had pressure from ___ at the time" or "i have mental issues"
this is scary.
why would anyone do that over jewlery. if u gna rob jewlery lett he old woman live and go to ur farthest jewelery store not steal it from an old lady! lol she so wimpy! Cant handle nothing but an old women ! :(

north_malaysian
07-23-2008, 09:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
lol everyone uses the "i was drunk and had pressure from ___ at the time" or "i have mental issues"
this is scary.
why would anyone do that over jewlery. if u gna rob jewlery lett he old woman live and go to ur farthest jewelery store not steal it from an old lady! lol she so wimpy! Cant handle nothing but an old women ! :(
maybe she got 19 years imprisonment because of that Drunk defence....

She not only suffocated this old woman, but also slitted the throat, hit the head with knife, hit the mouth and head with grinding stone (which is 3 kg weight).... :'(

I pray to God to grant Jannah for this helpful and nice old lady. amin!imsad

If I'm the relatives of the old lady...I'm not satisfied with the 19-years jail sentence... :mad:

truemuslim
07-23-2008, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
maybe she got 19 years imprisonment because of that Drunk defence....

She not only suffocated this old woman, but also slitted the throat, hit the head with knife, hit the mouth and head with grinding stone (which is 3 kg weight).... :'(

I pray to God to grant Jannah for this helpful and nice old lady. amin!imsad

If I'm the relatives of the old lady...I'm not satisfied with the 19-years jail sentence... :mad:

yah thats what i thought.
Excuses now only cause more time.
Omg poor woman! May allah grant her jannatul firdous!! :'(
im not satisfied with the 19-year jail sentence wether im related to her or not, i mean its an OLD LADY, people steal purses from them, not beat and kill them! :thumbs_do as if theyr so hard! how dare she ! mercy is completely gone today!

north_malaysian
07-24-2008, 01:57 AM
This Jamilah the killer committed 3 things:

1) Drinking alcohol
2) Stealing
3) Killing

- only 19 years of jail?:mad:

truemuslim
07-24-2008, 02:50 AM
^ hehe lol yah , and when somebody do something not so big they give em a huuuuge time in jail

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.