/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice/ Tips please!!!

jannat
07-23-2008, 11:20 AM
:sl:
i hope your all well and good inshallah.i need some advice /tips, on How to organise my studies with all my other commitments.
iam not really a good time manager, be do want to be. Leaving things last minute has always caused me alot of stress and made me feel very low. i lose alot of weight coz of it.
iam going to go in my final year Inshallah, May Allah SWT help, and really want to study on time as well as be on the islamic society inshallah. I just find it hard to balance.because of the procastination.imsad

Is there any useful tips any1 has? and is there any motivational quotes or sayings of the Rasul SAW, Which may help!! I really want to get alot out of university inshallah.

Jazakallah khair for your efforts!:smile:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Brother_Mujahid
07-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Its just final year butterflies.

i'm sure you'll do just fine, you've managed to get to final yr... alhamdulilah

not so sure about the isoc commitments i don't think i'll be as active this year as i'm entering final year aswell.

But we shall see.

Just don't worry about it, make plenty of du'a and you'll be fine.

wasalam

'Abd al-Baari
07-23-2008, 07:49 PM

Insha'Allah these threads may also help. :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...-students.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...ies-exams.html

Uthman
07-23-2008, 07:55 PM

I advise you to draw up a timetable for your day Inshaa'Allah, and follow it strictly. Make it specific and detailed, but make sure you keep it realistic as well. This will ensure that you use your time in as efficent a way as possible.

My mum makes me do it. I was resentful at first, but it actually works!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Musaafirah
07-23-2008, 07:55 PM
^^ Jazakallah! Am in exactly the same situation as sis Jannat. Problem with me is that I always procrastinate..even though I now only have 4 weeks left in my placement year before I go back to university, I still haven't finished all my work..keep finding other things to do!!!

Uthman
07-23-2008, 07:57 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
Problem with me is that I always procrastinate..even though I now only have 4 weeks left in my placement year before I go back to university, I still haven't finished all my work..keep finding other things to do!!!
Have you seen my procrastination thread, sister?

jannat
07-23-2008, 08:05 PM

jazakallah ppl, i will try to be a better student. I am scared abt my final year and finking abt the project. iam on a computer course and pretty scared of third year as it is much harder , as i have been told. i seriously need to love programming in order to do a project. YaAllah help.
its demanding, and want to be on isoc as well, we need alot of ppl on isoc.. i did my best this yr, wish i could have done more, i really dont know whats going to happen.. One thing that sticks in mind is, as imam suhaib webb said when he came to our uni for the FOSIS conference was:
its money that makes the world go around, so we as the ummah have to be the best at what we do, so we can inshallah help our ummah.. he's rite, May Allah give myself and us all Passion to achieve the necesary skills to be successful in this duniya , help our ummah here and in the akhira..Ameen.

sis ur doing a placement.. thats good, has it been beneficial?
i havnt really seen that thread. need to check it out!
i really hope i can make up for it.

Faye
07-23-2008, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
^^ Jazakallah! Am in exactly the same situation as sis Jannat. Problem with me is that I always procrastinate..even though I now only have 4 weeks left in my placement year before I go back to university, I still haven't finished all my work..keep finding other things to do!!!
I am a terrible procrastinator as well. And have exams in two weeks. My cure for that is to study with somebody. We have a partially blind girl in my class (she can't read), so me and a friend study with her in a group. We assign ourselves a set amount to study per day to go over together the next day orally. I don't have to worry about revising anymore, as both my study partners are exceptionally good worriers and do all the worrying/scolding necessary to keep me on track.

jannat
07-23-2008, 08:37 PM

best of luck, hope u succeed in what you do!! iam bad, leave stuff to the last minute, i really hope i dont anymore inshallah.:D

Brother_Mujahid
07-23-2008, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faye
I am a terrible procrastinator as well. And have exams in two weeks. My cure for that is to study with somebody. We have a partially blind girl in my class (she can't read), so me and a friend study with her in a group. We assign ourselves a set amount to study per day to go over together the next day orally. I don't have to worry about revising anymore, as both my study partners are exceptionally good worriers and do all the worrying/scolding necessary to keep me on track.
its always good having friends like that :D

One thing that sticks in mind is, as imam suhaib webb said when he came to our uni for the FOSIS conference was:
fosis conference was cool :coolalien

jannat
07-24-2008, 05:33 PM
salam
so did u come to the FOSIS conference, hope u enjoyed it.Mashallah it was good.

Brother_Mujahid
07-24-2008, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jannat
salam
so did u come to the FOSIS conference, hope u enjoyed it.Mashallah it was good.
I was there yes, had a good time alhamdulilah.

Hesham al awadis late night lectures were excellent.

jannat
07-24-2008, 08:31 PM

thats good to hear,hope it was beneficial, i wanted feeback on your experiences on the islamic event section, its up to you. i was aware that there were people from leceister, i met sister from there.. theres a Facebook group on fosis, if u have facebook, leave your experiences there if u want, might be useful.I liked Imam suhaib webbs speech, it was really nice, hes a great speaker for our youth.:D

jannat
07-25-2008, 06:26 PM
salam,
wheres the procrastination thread, bro???

Brother_Mujahid
07-25-2008, 06:34 PM
huh what?!?
ME?

http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...stinating.html

you referring to this thread?

jannat
07-25-2008, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
huh what?!?
ME?

http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...stinating.html

you referring to this thread?
Jazakallah khair, dont know how u find all these threads, its the thread Bro Osman was referring abt. i fink it is the one.

Brother_Mujahid
07-25-2008, 06:46 PM
simple use the search in the tab at the top... :rollseyes

Musaafirah
07-25-2008, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faye
Hmm..I have nobody to 'study' with who is currently in my situation..But Alhamdulillah, the previous placement students who've come back to work in the lab as well as the ones who've just finished their placement have leant me the use of their portfolio to refer to so I have a guideline as to what to do even though my versions different..
I guess I'm gettin there..it's just the fact that most of the work is just health and safety stuff and it's BORING..but parts of it are interesting (the parts that actually have something to do with the Sciency side!)
Sis Jannat, am lovin the placement..though it is quite stressful!
Bro Osman, I shall Insha'allh check the thread out.. Bro Mujahid..thanks for the link..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.