/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cameron calls for Sharia law after his bike's nicked

aadil77
07-25-2008, 10:16 AM
This is the moment David Cameron realises his beloved bicycle has been pinched.

The Tory boss had loosely chained his mountain bike to a bollard as he popped into Tesco for his tea.

He looked totally baffled when he returned to find teenage thieves had made off with it.

Our exclusive footage shows Cameron, 41, desperately hunting for his missing wheels before throwing up his hands in despair.

Witness Armand Quansah, 22, who filmed the scenes on his mobile phone, said: "He was utterly baffled and seemed to be in total shock. He kept saying, 'I locked it up, I definitely locked it up'.

A shopworker, who asked not to be named, said: "A couple of kids were hanging around and noticed he had chained it to a short bollard. They just picked it up and ran off."

Mr Quansah, a security guard for a neighbouring store, added: "Bikes go missing all the time round here, at least one or two a week.

"But Mr Cameron couldn't believe it had happened to him. At first he was checking other bikes chained up to see if any of them was his.

"Then he went into a bookmakers to see if anyone had seen who took it, but nobody had. He looked really embarrassed. A little crowd gathered and one guy asked if he could have his picture taken with him. But Cameron was too annoyed and said 'Not now, not now'.

"He'd been on his phone telling someone what had happened and eventually just threw his hands in the air and walked away."

It is believed the theft, from Portobello Road in West London on Wednesday evening, is the first time Mr Cameron has been a crime victim since becoming Tory boss in 2005. The following year he told people to "hug a hoodie" to cut crime.

But yesterday he joked: "I am thinking of introducing Sharia law for bike theft. I will consult the Mayor of London."

The former public schoolboy boasted of his green credentials after announcing he cycled to work. But it was exposed as a sham when the Mirror revealed he was followed to Parliament by a car carrying clean shirts and his briefcase.

Tesco said it would donate the value of Mr Cameron's five-year-old bike to transport charity Sustrans.

Mr Cameron added: "I have reported it but I'm not expecting to get it back any time soon.

"If anyone has seen it I would very much like it back. To me it was absolutely priceless."

421 reported bike thefts resulted in charges being brought

17,558 Bikes reported stolen in London last year - an 18% fall on the 21,437 pinched in 2005

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-20670267/

LOLL! at least some people see the benefits of it!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
07-25-2008, 03:21 PM
heh, he's funny.

Brother_Mujahid
07-25-2008, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
heh, he's funny.
hes a decent guy, would make a much better pm then our current one. :D

although i wouldn't like his party views

czgibson
07-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Greetings,

He's only joking, though, isn't he? If I were a Muslim, I'm not sure I would see his quip in a positive light.

From the sound of it, perhaps he thinks sharia law is about cutting off hands for theft and little else?

In general Cameron seems a sound enough chap. I don't always agree with him, but nevertheless I predict he'll be the next Prime Minister.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
07-25-2008, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

He's only joking, though, isn't he? If I were a Muslim, I'm not sure I would see his quip in a positive light.

From the sound of it, perhaps he thinks sharia law is about cutting off hands for theft and little else?

In general Cameron seems a sound enough chap. I don't always agree with him, but nevertheless I predict he'll be the next Prime Minister.

Peace
:sl:
'Tory' and 'nice' don't go together well...
:w:

czgibson
07-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
'Tory' and 'nice' don't go together well...
:w:
True. Such is the state of British politics.

Peace

Brother_Mujahid
07-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Cameron reunited with stolen bike

The_Prince
07-27-2008, 05:08 PM
sharia law for theives is good, 3 years ago i got my mobil stolen, if it was up to me i would get the guys hand cut off, its not his property and he didnt pay for it and just steals it while im eating?

Sahabiyaat
07-27-2008, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
sharia law for theives is good, 3 years ago i got my mobil stolen, if it was up to me i would get the guys hand cut off, its not his property and he didnt pay for it and just steals it while im eating?
whoa, calm ur anger down akhee!
Have some mercy in ur heart! its just a phone, a materialistic thing that you will leave behind anyway when u depart this world! and after 3 yrs you shouldnt have so much bitterness in ur heart for that unknown thief?!

amusing thread.

The_Prince
07-27-2008, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
whoa, calm ur anger down akhee!
Have some mercy in ur heart! its just a phone, a materialistic thing that you will leave behind anyway when u depart this world! and after 3 yrs you shouldnt have so much bitterness in ur heart for that unknown thief?!

amusing thread.
no mercy! i was eating, the guy came asking me a Q in arabic and shaked my hand and thats when he snatched it with the other hand. materliastic or not its my property and on my money, if he got caught and the authorities said you can take his hand i would say do it. secondly, a mobil has alot of personal info, numbers and familly pictures, its not for some stranger theif to see.

SixTen
07-27-2008, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
hes a decent guy, would make a much better pm then our current one. :D
What :enough!:

Just watch him in parliament, he can't argue logically to save his life!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-27-2008, 11:16 PM
ajmal mentioned this in his weekly show. cracked me up,

if i called for shariah law even as a joke to be implemented for theft PUBLICLY i'd be in that police station being questioned.... or ignored :( its jUST as worse EH?

fatima_01
07-27-2008, 11:31 PM
lool wat a laugh:p do u think people r actually seriously considering this ?(having a sharia law)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.