/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quran Reader on Mobile... good or bad?

manaal
07-25-2008, 09:30 PM
:sl:

I think many of you have hear about quran reader applications that can be installed in your mobile phone. I was just wondering if this ok to do.

I ask this because, we treat our quran books with utmost respect, for instance, we dont touch it unless we have ablution, its kept in a special place, nothing is kept on top of it etc.

But our mobiles aren't treated this way. we put our mobiles in our pockets or may take in into the toilet at a mall or somewhere.

So I kinda dont think its correct to have the word of the quran in a mobile phone.

What do you think?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Brother_Mujahid
07-25-2008, 09:40 PM
perfectly fine well okay.

... your way of thinking can be taken to the pc and listening and reading to it. there is potential to not use your computer how it should be used and therefore shouldnt listen and read it on the comp.

Its a useful handy way of reading the quran when you cant get hold of a quran, the tranlsation applications are awesome aswell.

speaking of translations i was looking for one oline but cant find one, most of them you have to play.

would appreciate if any one could link me to a good english translation in english...

Wasalam

'Abd al-Baari
07-25-2008, 10:02 PM

would appreciate if any one could link me to a good english translation in english...
What other languages do the english translations come in? lol.

Are you looking for audio tranlsations akhee or text?

:w:

Brother_Mujahid
07-26-2008, 01:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari

What other languages do the english translations come in? lol.

Are you looking for audio tranlsations akhee or text?

:w:
u can get dif languages... what i ment is i don't want any old naff english translation. :Dim looking for the text.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
manaal
07-26-2008, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
:Dim looking for the text.
for your mobile? if yes, give me yout phone model i'll find you a good one.

format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
perfectly fine well okay.

... your way of thinking can be taken to the pc and listening and reading to it. there is potential to not use your computer how it should be used and therefore shouldnt listen and read it on the comp.
I'm sorry i dont understand what you are saying.

Brother_Mujahid
07-26-2008, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
for your mobile? if yes, give me yout phone model i'll find you a good one.

I'm sorry i dont understand what you are saying.

im just trying to point out if your going to say a phone is not going to be used correcctly for the purpose it is ment. it can be transferred to the computer when listening and reading to the quran. mkae sense?

manaal
07-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Oh yaaah. But i'm not talking ony about myself. I'm saying that maybe all muslims should avoid it becuase of what i have said in my first post (taking into the toilet etc.)

As for you English translation in English:
http://www.mobilexa.net/eski/index_en.php?id=101

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.