/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need help in clarifying this.

Eeman
07-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Salam alaikum everyone

Ok here goes the other day i actually wanted to post this thread but then got side tracked i kind of need help to clarify something,

ok since i am from a persian background i many muslim persians have this thing that they call nasr, well thats the name they give it i dont know it if that is an arabic name or the persian name for it.

it mostly to do with women, now this is what happens a certain number of women have to be present all women no men allowed, they cook certain things, based on a saint i believe and they invite women to come round and its just like inviting them for dinner, but the reason for all this is that they believe that when a person that throws such a gahering each and every woman there present makes a dua, and this dua is sure to be answered Allah willing, now its not a sacrifice that they make for any saints nor do they invoke any saints or anyone, but simply make dua to Allah swt, then whoever attends this nasr and their dua is answered in return they have to do the same and arrange a nasr and it just keeps on going.

has anyone any idea what this is and if it is a form of shirk or bidah are there any hadiths supporting this? cos i have not found any in the Quran whatsoever. and are there any other cultures that do such things?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Hanbali
07-26-2008, 05:00 PM
:sl:

"The Sofreh-nazr is a religious tradition among Iranian Shia women and brings the ladies attending a sense of comfort, togetherness and sharing. Only women attend these ceremonies which some believe is a ritual left to us from our Zoroastrian ancestors. ." http://www.payvand.com/news/06/oct/1283.html

I guess it does seem like a cultural practice which people have tried to introduce into the deen. Allaahu a'lam, maybe someone could shed some light on this...

Eeman
07-26-2008, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan
:sl:

"The Sofreh-nazr is a religious tradition among Iranian Shia women and brings the ladies attending a sense of comfort, togetherness and sharing. Only women attend these ceremonies which some believe is a ritual left to us from our Zoroastrian ancestors. ." http://www.payvand.com/news/06/oct/1283.html

I guess it does seem like a cultural practice which people have tried to introduce into the deen. Allaahu a'lam, maybe someone could shed some light on this...
:skeleton::skeleton::skeleton::skeleton::skeleton: shia????
but we're not shia i mean my family background are not i'm neither since i dont believe in sects, but is this a form of bidah?

Makky
07-26-2008, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
:skeleton::skeleton::skeleton::skeleton::skeleton: shia????
but we're not shia i mean my family background are not i'm neither since i dont believe in sects, but is this a form of bidah?
Yes sister this is Bidah since its related to deen and those women do it in a form of a religous gathering then its Bidah with no doubt..

To Do something aiming to worship Allah with it, you must have an evidence from Quran and authorized sunnah with the understanding of the companions...otherwise it is bidah...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Nazr in urdu is evil eye.

Eeman
07-27-2008, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Nazr in urdu is evil eye.
yes th same in persian nazar is evil eye, not nazr and i got it wrong its nasr not nazr, sorry my bad.

and brother makky thank you, i thought so myself that its a form of bidah but needed clarification.

Eeman
07-27-2008, 01:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sipsiko
Sounds like bull**** superstitions to me.
Dear brother or sister salam alaikum,

if you have nothing productive or nice to say then ts best to say nothing,
no eed for the language used yes, it dos sound like a cultural rather than an islamic thing, but you will be surprised unfortunately how many muslim sisters in particular since it is a thing dne by women only hold strong believe to it.
so as to saying to them that its whatever you branded as in your unkind words is really not appropriate, explaining and enlightening people must be done in a kind loving and intellectual manner, yes it may seem a whole load of rubbish but to these people its not, the purpose for this thread was for me to clarify with other muslims and then tr to make some people that i know in my family understand that it is a form of bidah, since i find it useless and totally wrong to open my mouth and speak of something i have no knowledge of or claim that something is haram when in fact its halal.

ma salama

Makky
07-27-2008, 02:35 AM
since i find it useless and totally wrong to open my mouth and speak of something i have no knowledge of or claim that something is haram when in fact its halal.
If All our brothers and sisters are like that.

Allah said in surat-al israa:

وَلَا تَقۡفُ مَا لَيۡسَ لَكَ بِهِۦ عِلۡمٌ*ۚ إِنَّ ٱلسَّمۡعَ وَٱلۡبَصَرَ وَٱلۡفُؤَادَ كُلُّ أُوْلَـٰٓٮِٕكَ كَانَ عَنۡهُ مَسۡـُٔولاً۬

the translation of the meaning:
And follow not (O man i.e., say not, or do not or witness not) that of which you have no knowledge. Verily! The hearing, and the sight, and the heart, of each of those one will be questioned (by Allâh).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.