/* */

PDA

View Full Version : a question

fatima_01
07-27-2008, 11:45 PM
salaams all i need sum1 answer a questions for me, one is that i basically heard snakes have some sort of azaab (crawling on their stomachs) because the snake tempted adam alayhisalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
07-27-2008, 11:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fatima_01
salaams all i need sum1 answer a questions for me, one is that i basically heard snakes have some sort of azaab (crawling on their stomachs) because the snake tempted adam alayhisalam
The story of the Shaytan appearing as a serpent or snake to tempt Eve is from the Bible and to my knowledge is not found in the Quran or the Hadith.

Qur'an 20:117-120 Then We said: "O Adam! This Shaitan is a real enemy to you and to your wife. Do not let him get you both out of Paradise and get you in trouble. Here in Paradise you shall go neither hungry nor naked; you shall neither suffer from thirst nor from the scorching heat." - But Shaitan seduced him saying: "O Adam! Should I show you the Tree of Immortality and an everlasting kingdom?" They both end up eating the fruit of the forbidden tree. As a result their private parts became apparent to them and they both began to cover themselves with the leaves from the Garden. Thus did Adam disobey His Rabb and go astray.

fatima_01
07-29-2008, 02:32 PM
so snakes are nt sum sort of punishment ?

MustafaMc
07-29-2008, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fatima_01
so snakes are nt sum sort of punishment ?
I am not aware of any teaching in Islam that snakes have to crawl on their bellies as a punishment, nor that they are an enemy to mankind. Some snakes are indeed poisonous as are some spiders, some frogs, and scorpions. But then again some snakes are beneficial because they catch mice and rats like cats do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.