/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Two Muslim women sue McDonalds for $10 million!!!!!!!

arabianprincess
07-28-2008, 02:53 AM
Two young American Muslim women are suing the world's largest chain of fast food restaurants McDonald's over denying them jobs for donning hijab, the Detroit News reported on Friday, July 25.
"I applied for the McDonald's position maybe two weeks ago and he (the manager) simply (told me) I had to make a choice and remove my hijab, or I would not be able to establish employment there," 25-year-old Quiana Pugh said.

"When I walked away, I was definitely hurt by it and disturbed. I was confused that it could happen here in Dearborn, with so many Muslims."

Pugh found that she was not the only hijab-clad woman denied jobs in McDonald's branch in Dearborn in the state of Michigan.

Toi Whitfield, 20, from Detroit city, was also denied a job in McDonald's branch in Dearborn in November 2006.

The Muslim pair on Thursday filed a discrimination lawsuit against the fast-food chain before Wayne County Circuit Court.

Many American Muslims have complained of being discriminated against on religious bases.

Last month, Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama apologized for two Muslim women after they were barred from sitting behind him at an election rally for wearing hijab.

Last January, a US high-school star runner was pulled out of the track for wearing a uniform that allows her to compete while complying with her Muslim faith.

Islam sees hijab as an obligatory code of dress, not a religious symbol displaying one's affiliations.

There are between six to seven million Muslims living in the United States.

Racist

McDonald's anti-hijab attitude drew fire from lawyers and American Muslims.

"This manager must have just stepped off of some spaceship to think he can do this in this back yard, in Dearborn," said civil rights lawyer Nabih Ayad.

The umbrella Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) denounced the manager's position as 'racist'.

"It is extremely disturbing that such discrimination could take place at a location which does not mind collecting Muslim dollars, yet places restriction on Muslim women who wear hijab," CAIR-Michigan executive director Dawud Walid.

A McDonald's spokeswoman said the management company that runs the Dearborn restaurant "has a strict policy prohibiting any form of discrimination."

The Dearborn restaurant is one of only two McDonald's restaurants in the US that sells halal food.

Whitfield, the Muslim plaintiff, said the lawsuit against McDonald's aims to protect other hijab-wearing girls against discrimination.

"I hope that they learn from their mistakes," said Whitfield.

American Muslims have become sensitized to an erosion of their civil rights since the 9/11 attacks.

A 2007 survey by Pew Research Center and the Pew Forum found that attitudes toward Muslims and Islam have grown more negative in recent years.

"They should not discriminate against people. Everyone should have an equal chance to work at McDonald's," said Whitfield.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...News/NWELayout

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
qassy!
07-28-2008, 11:12 AM
its a franchise company, so the branch manager could be anyone, his not employed by McDonald's as its franchise. Im telling everyone know there not getting away with
$10 million

Tania
07-28-2008, 11:40 AM
The company could hire now the 2 women and that would stop the court action.

qassy!
07-28-2008, 11:51 AM
nope..theey are doing it for the money now.....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tania
07-28-2008, 02:38 PM
In this case, in america everything its posible, so they could win some money

Questfortruth
07-28-2008, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
How do you know?

qassy!
07-28-2008, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth
How do you know?
Because I do, somone is always sueing in america.

Questfortruth
07-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Because I do, somone is always sueing in america.
Maybe they should stop the discrimination in America.

Questfortruth
07-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Watch CNN Presents Black in America

arabianprincess
07-28-2008, 03:58 PM
hmmm u never know ... and i would sue em if i couldnt get the job cuz of wat i wear. i mean wat kinda lame excuse is that. this might be a lesson to teach them to not be racist about religion... i think its a wonderful idea. n they will get some money. i mean probably not 10 mil. but akeeed they ll get either half or 1/4 hmm im just assumin... cuz i have seen ppl sue n they get some money at the end .....

crayon
07-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Yet another reason to dislike McDonalds. But like qassy! said, it's just a franchise, so it doesn't necessarily mean that hijabis are not allowed to work in all McDonalds. If I were her I would probably just sue that specific manager/franchise owner.

youngsister
07-28-2008, 06:11 PM
:sl:

Is it even halal to work in McDonalds seen as their meat isnt halal?

Chuck
07-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Well they are doing the right way -- hitting where it hurts. Money has power. :thumbs_up

Better than breaking windows and doors lol

arabianprincess
07-28-2008, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister

well as u can see in dearborn -michigan we got the halal section in mcdonalds .... so i assume y not.
the only thing i found it was weird is that ... dearborn is like where all the arabs muslim community so i just found it a bit weird so i thought it might happen where in the non muslim community. :S weird

arabianprincess
07-28-2008, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
Well they are doing the right way -- hitting where it hurts. Money has power. :thumbs_up

true true...

Whatsthepoint
07-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Well, I'm against discrimination and all that, however I believe private companies have the right to reject a job applicant on any grounds imaginable, be it clothing, religion or whatever.

BlackMamba
07-29-2008, 08:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister

Ya I've always wondered that. Because I know that having a shop that sells liquor is haram. But is being an employee at like a Pizza Hut that sells pepperoni Haram? I don't know if anyone on this forum is qualified enough to answer, but please do if you are.

Tania
07-29-2008, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Well, I'm against discrimination and all that, however I believe private companies have the right to reject a job applicant on any grounds imaginable, be it clothing, religion or whatever.
Yes, i agree with that but they should be smart and take a lawyer which advice them what to say to candidates. Here i can't see any wisdom to say " your clothes" - which is clear a sign of discrimination.

In my country we have tests and they always says something like: you didn't have the points, sorrryyy. I never heard anyone suing any company for discrimination.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Agreed

if i wanted to hire muslim only and male only employee's i should be able to do so dang it !!

Whatsthepoint
07-29-2008, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Agreed

if i wanted to hire muslim only and male only employee's i should be able to do so dang it !!
Yeah.

Whatsthepoint
07-29-2008, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Yes, i agree with that but they should be smart and take a lawyer which advice them what to say to candidates. Here i can't see any wisdom to say " your clothes" - which is clear a sign of discrimination.

In my country we have tests and they always says something like: you didn't have the points, sorrryyy. I never heard anyone suing any company for discrimination.
You live in France right?
In your country all private businesses have the right to turn down or fire women wearing a Muslim headscarf.

AvarAllahNoor
07-29-2008, 11:48 AM
I wanna sue too!

crayon
07-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Aren't there laws against discrimination, or do those just apply to public companies? Equal opportunities law or something like that?

edit- found it: http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/qanda.html It doesn't say whether it's for all companies or just public ones, but I'm assuming it's for everyone..

Whatsthepoint
07-29-2008, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Aren't there laws against discrimination, or do those just apply to public companies? Equal opportunities law or something like that?

edit- found it: http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/qanda.html It doesn't say whether it's for all companies or just public ones, but I'm assuming it's for everyone..
There are laws against discrimination and they apply for all companies, I think. I'm just stating my personal belief which is that private company owners should have the right to discriminate.
Imagine a halal shop owner looking for a new clerk and the only person to show up is an atheist islamophobic transexual or something equally islamically impermissible, whom the owner has to hire (because he or she is the only applicant or has the best qualifications).
Now, I now my example is a bit far fetched but theoretically it is possible and I'm quite sure wish wish halal shop owners were able to discriminate in such cases..

crayon
07-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Oh, okay, I misunderstood, I thought you meant "I believe" as in "if i remember correctly".

Yeah, your example makes sense, I agree. But if that ever happened, then I think there should at least be guidelines for it, like certain criteria where you can choose someone less qualified than another person in favor of their religion/clothing/etc.

Whatsthepoint
07-29-2008, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Oh, okay, I misunderstood, I thought you meant "I believe" as in "if i remember correctly".

Yeah, your example makes sense, I agree. But if that ever happened, then I think there should at least be guidelines for it, like certain criteria where you can choose someone less qualified than another person in favor of their religion/clothing/etc.
I guess their are guidelines already, I don't think you can discriminate someone based on their clothing if your company doesn't have a dress code or if it wasn't mentioned in the ad. You certainly cannot discriminate on grounds of religion, race, ethnicity, I don't know about age and sexual orientation, I guess these are covered too.
I just think a private companies should be allowed to hire whomever they want, whomever they trust, so if they feel uncomfortable with gays or Muslims, so be it.

Eeman
07-29-2008, 04:12 PM
is suing halal?

Whatsthepoint
07-29-2008, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
is suing halal?
Why wouldn't it be?

Tania
07-29-2008, 04:36 PM
You live in France right?
In your country all private businesses have the right to turn down or fire women wearing a Muslim headscarf.
Romania :-[ but here prevail the tests. We have nothing with scarfs and are many new religion which wear scarfs. Even in my town begin to appear muslims - once i could see even 4 women with muslim scarfs :)

Whatsthepoint
07-29-2008, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Romania :-[ but here prevail the tests. We have nothing with scarfs and are many new religion which wear scarfs. Even in my town begin to appear muslims - once i could see even 4 women with muslim scarfs :)
I'm sorry, for some reason I thought you were French.

Eeman
07-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Why wouldn't it be?
i dunno i'm just asking :-[

Whatsthepoint
07-29-2008, 05:04 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7529694.stm
Sikh girl wins bangle law battle

A 14-year-old Sikh girl has won her High Court discrimination claim against her school after it excluded her for breaking its "no jewellery" rule.

qassy!
07-29-2008, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck

No they should not sue. The branch is most likely a franchise branch. As the manager you should be able to turn away anyone for any reason, this includes if there wearing hijab.

It doesnt bother me people where a hijab like this:

BUT if a woman is wearing a hijab like this (I would NEVER employ the person)

I would also never employ the person if she came dressed like this

BlackMamba
07-29-2008, 11:51 PM
^Whats wrong with the jalabi this is the islamic dress bro.

": O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful. "

In this ayah it says the word jalaabeebihinn which is a cloak like what the 2 ladies are wearing in the last picture you posted. Thats what the Muslim Woman should be wearing.

crayon
07-30-2008, 12:40 AM

How come?

arabianprincess
07-30-2008, 02:14 AM
No they should not sue. The branch is most likely a franchise branch. As the manager you should be able to turn away anyone for any reason, this includes if there wearing hijab.

It doesnt bother me people where a hijab like this:

thats is sooo racists..n plus coming from a muslim.. cant believe it. everyone can wear wat ever they feel like it.. wat makes some clothes r okay to wear n others not... i believe everyone should wear wat ever they feel like... its plain n simple. geeez i mean wats wrong with the julbab or as we call it balto... i wear it from time to time in my work n i dont see a problem .. its like paki ppl wear there clothes n watever how come when is comes to jilbab then its like NO... thats pathetic ... ppl need to get USED TO IT... we anit going NO where nor our clothes we r muslims n we r represeting. plus since we r living in a non religious country... then everyone should do watever they feel like n that includes wearing wat ever. :exhausted... :) salamz

p.s those GURLS werent even wearing a jilbab. nor coving there face as u said... shouldnt get a job.... ....

Zarmina
07-30-2008, 06:20 AM
I hope they win.

Azy
07-30-2008, 07:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabianprincess
thats is sooo racists.
I wish people would stop saying this, Islam is not a race.
everyone can wear wat ever they feel like it.. wat makes some clothes r okay to wear n others not... i believe everyone should wear wat ever they feel like... its plain n simple.
It may seem like that to you but businesses are allowed to have expected standards of dress, particularly for employees who are 'customer facing'.

What would you have said if it was your shop and two women came in for an interview dressed in bikinis?
Also, I would have expected that burger places would have uniforms.

On a slightly different note, I don't think it actually says in the Quran that a head covering is obligatory, does it?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Agreed with Qassy!

i wouldnt employ them either... unless they are my mahrams of course

in which case they wouldnt want to work in my shop or company or business lol

im hoping this is what the brother meant?

Eeman
07-30-2008, 09:31 AM
From my understanding Azy it doesnt no! i think dressing modestly is what the Quran teaches us and to me modestly does not mean wearing black cloaks, just my opinion so i know i'm going to get hit left right and centre for this but i'm not going to lie about my beliefs i think that lowering your gaze is a lot more important than getting the women to suffocate under black cloaks and nikabs just so that it makes it easier for the muslim men not to commit sin! and what about the women why dont men do the same so that the women can be helped too in order for them to not commit sin.

men should stop seeing women as pieces of meat and learn to respect them, just like they respect their mothers and sisters and daughters they need to constantly remind themselves that this women is someone's sister and mother or daughter too so how would you feel if someone did that to your mother, sister or daughter?????????, and no dont give me that argument about how if the woman is covered the she will gain respect i am not encouragng women to go out in short skirts but i am saying that we should dress MODESTLY and i'm sorry but to me the above pics, have never been modesty nor ever will be its extreme!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-30-2008, 09:35 AM
^ whats extreme about it?

Eeman
07-30-2008, 09:48 AM
^ whats extreme about it?
bro do me a favour just one day go out in the full shibang and tell me how it feels, the cloak, gloves, nikab the whole thing.

Ansariyah
07-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Everybody cant wait to sue somebody somehting in the USA, gosh, so silly.
I wouldn't sue, and this isnt the best way to get famous lol.

This isnt a revolution:bump:

And why want 10 million rofl..? :rollseyes:..

Gawsh am I the only one who finds this story just plain amusing.:giggling:

Eeman
07-30-2008, 09:51 AM
is suing halal?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-30-2008, 09:52 AM
bro do me a favour just one day go out in the full shibang and tell me how it feels, the cloak, gloves, nikab the whole thing.
yeh its difficult

difficult and extreme arent the same thing at all

you sacrifice comfort to better your deen, thats what islams always been about

you always sacrifice, you always further your progress.

Eeman
07-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Oh gosh i think this is the third time i'm asking please someone Insha'Allah answer, and Jazak'Allah khair before hand for doing is.

IS SUING HALAL?

ma salam

Eeman
07-30-2008, 03:13 PM
yeh its difficult

difficult and extreme arent the same thing at all

you sacrifice comfort to better your deen, thats what islams always been about

you always sacrifice, you always further your progress.
difficult???
bro to me personally i think its extreme cos it is in a way like caging up a woman, thats why i call it extreme.

I pray that Allah swt forgives me if i am wrong but that is one part of islam that i have never accepted nor dont see myself ever doing so.
to me the key is modesty, modesty in dress, in behavior in everything you do, you cant and dont only preserve your chastity or honour, through pulling cloth around you.

Astaghfirullah let me tell you a story which made me feel revolted.
i was once doing shopping down carnaby street in london, and me and a friend of mine were walking down when i noticed a young muslim sister hijabi outside the miss sixty store with a young brother mouth to mouth brothers hands all over the sister places that you should be guarding, they were in public full view to everyone doing their thing. now do you understand what i'm saying about modesty and it not just being guarded through hijab, its through words we speak, actions we take, the way we change and perfect or strive hard to anyhow our character our manners and ways, to me these are more important than me covering myself with masses of cloth and thinking i'm a good pure and honest decent muslim woman.

Brother_Mujahid
07-30-2008, 03:21 PM

^^ This just rocks.

Corento mcflurry mint flavour rocks

apart from that maccy d's sucks.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-30-2008, 03:22 PM
difficult???
bro to me personally i think its extreme cos it is in a way like caging up a woman, thats why i call it extreme.
then how comes it makes my sisters feel liberated? how comes they feel sorry for the ones who cant appreciate hijaab? they always tell me that without their hijaab they felt violated. Hijaab is INDEED in akhlaq and adhaab but as everything in islaam, the interior shows in the exterior. That veil, that guard is a part of hijaab.

forgive me, i cant help you to better understand it. But know this MEN ARE NOT ANIMALS WHO NEED WOMEN TO COVER UP, this is something women do FOR themselves! The sahabiyaats covered up the BEST and guarded themselves the BEST, so what are you saying about the male sahabi's?

Astaghfirullah let me tell you a story which made me feel revolted.
i was once doing shopping down carnaby street in london, and me and a friend of mine were walking down when i noticed a young muslim sister hijabi outside the miss sixty store with a young brother mouth to mouth brothers hands all over the sister places that you should be guarding, they were in public full view to everyone doing their thing. now do you understand what i'm saying about modesty and it not just being guarded through hijab, its through words we speak, actions we take, the way we change and perfect or strive hard to anyhow our character our manners and ways, to me these are more important than me covering myself with masses of cloth and thinking i'm a good pure and honest decent muslim woman.
sry but its starting to seem like you think niqaabi sisters have some superiority complex? like they think they are holier then thou? you couldnt be more mistaken. Infact in a recent wedding so many people kept approaching my sister with "how cany ou dress that way in this heat" and she just smiled and didnt say much back, she has no superiority complex and neither do MOST of these sisters!

as for that unfortunate incident,

black sheep sis, bad apple etc, <---- i dont understand why you didnt say just that? the masses arent like that, only the few mislead ones are.

Assalamu Alaikum

please forgive me if i said anything to hurt or offend you. InshaAllaah sister..

Brother_Mujahid
07-30-2008, 03:28 PM

I pray that Allah swt forgives me if i am wrong but that is one part of islam that i have never accepted nor dont see myself ever doing so.
May Allah forgive you. Ameen

Its all about having what your username says... Iman.

I believe any believing muslim man or woman who has faith inside them is projected outwardly... so for a man he won't wear tight clothing, will have a beard etc and likewise a woman wears a scarf and the other jilbab like in the pic above.

maybe you should try reading up on the issue why women wear it and stuff if you already haven't.

oki doki, wasalam

Eeman
07-30-2008, 04:16 PM
then how comes it makes my sisters feel liberated? how comes they feel sorry for the ones who cant appreciate hijaab? they always tell me that without their hijaab they felt violated. Hijaab is INDEED in akhlaq and adhaab but as everything in islaam, the interior shows in the exterior. That veil, that guard is a part of hijaab.

forgive me, i cant help you to better understand it. But know this MEN ARE NOT ANIMALS WHO NEED WOMEN TO COVER UP, this is something women do FOR themselves! The sahabiyaats covered up the BEST and guarded themselves the BEST, so what are you saying about the male sahabi's?

sry but its starting to seem like you think niqaabi sisters have some superiority complex? like they think they are holier then thou? you couldnt be more mistaken. Infact in a recent wedding so many people kept approaching my sister with "how cany ou dress that way in this heat" and she just smiled and didnt say much back, she has no superiority complex and neither do MOST of these sisters!

as for that unfortunate incident,

black sheep sis, bad apple etc, <---- i dont understand why you didnt say just that? the masses arent like that, only the few mislead ones are.

Assalamu Alaikum

please forgive me if i said anything to hurt or offend you. InshaAllaah sister..
brother i wasn talking about majority nor put any numbers to it, yes you are right it i the minority, and as i said these are my values that i follow i know many muslim sisters that do wear the whole thing and there is no way on this planet that they should be experiencing prejudice or descrimination, cos if tha whats make them happy the Masha'Allah i pray that Allah swt bestows many more bounties and blessings upon them. :statisfie

but then again at the same time the women need to also realise that its ok for them to do it in their own time and around other aspects of life but the companies also have a right, a dress code etc for the workforce. and the way they want to be seen or percieved by their target consumers.

yes we know that there should be no descrimnation against them in the workforce but to some extent, headscarf is fne many companies accept that but the whole thing??????:skeleton::skeleton::skeleton::skeleton :

i know it may sound a bit off but then again i think that these women shouldnt be working at all and staying at home. cos if their going to take their clothing to that extreme striving hard to not commit sin or guard themselves then what about jobs where you talk or are n contact with people, there's male and female there, so talking to men should be avoided too in fear of it causing fitnah. due you get my point.

everything taken too much into extreme makes life dificult, and Allah swt tells us that He has made religion easy for us.

so why are we then His slaves making it so difficult?
to me the most important thing is intention!!! and modesty in every aspect not just clothing, and that also falls into place with intention, well to be more precise intention is the root to everything we do and say.

people would argue thatmuslims that take things to that extreme are so pious that they safguard themselves as much as they can from the shaytaan being well prepared avoiding sins to happen, to me sometimes i think it is for the weak, cos if you have strong and firm believe in your heart then your intentions would be good and clean too.

now sisters before you get the wrong end of the stick, im not saying you are weak imaaned or weak for wearing hijab im saying this is what comes to my mind sometimes, then again it can be whispers of the shaytaan and a sign of my weak imaan Allahu alam, im not judging cos i never have been or will be in a position to judge:-[

ma salama.

fatima_01
07-30-2008, 08:06 PM
lol wat nutters

crayon
07-30-2008, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah

I can think of a few reasons....

qassy!
07-30-2008, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
^Whats wrong with the jalabi this is the islamic dress bro.

": O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful. "

In this ayah it says the word jalaabeebihinn which is a cloak like what the 2 ladies are wearing in the last picture you posted. Thats what the Muslim Woman should be wearing.
The head hijab is fine, but at the end of the day your running a business to make money. This requires you to where company clothes you cant where that black dress (sorry dont know the daynameif you cover your face like that your wont attract customers into the store. But head scarf is different its required in Islam therefore I would allow it + I dont see a problem with it from a non religious point of view.

thats is sooo racists..n plus coming from a muslim.. cant believe it. everyone can wear wat ever they feel like it.. wat makes some clothes r okay to wear n others not... i believe everyone should wear wat ever they feel like... its plain n simple. geeez i mean wats wrong with the julbab or as we call it balto... i wear it from time to time in my work n i dont see a problem .. its like paki ppl wear there clothes n watever how come when is comes to jilbab then its like NO... thats pathetic ... ppl need to get USED TO IT... we anit going NO where nor our clothes we r muslims n we r represeting. plus since we r living in a non religious country... then everyone should do watever they feel like n that includes wearing wat ever. :exhausted... :) salamz

p.s those GURLS werent even wearing a jilbab. nor coving there face as u said... shouldnt get a job.... ....

Its not racist,, listen you cant where what you want, if your in a working environment such as McDonald's they have alot of concerns such as health, safety and hygiene. That requires them to wear something different clothes, etc etc

Working in a retail store you cant have your employee covering there face, or whereing that "jilbab", as you call it.

Think about it you have a customer walk in a store, and you cant see the employees face, thats wrong? and 2 be quite honist they should ban it for secuirty reasons........ive been told when you go Meccka your NOT allowed to cover your face, so why do it ?

qassy!
07-30-2008, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah

Gawsh am I the only one who finds this story just plain amusing.:giggling:
no me 2, its just typical a muslim doing somthing like that

and 10 million because they want the money, like i have said but i think people think im racist lol!!!!!!!

arabianprincess
07-31-2008, 01:58 AM
The head hijab is fine, but at the end of the day your running a business to make money. This requires you to where company clothes you cant where that black dress (sorry dont know the daynameif you cover your face like that your wont attract customers into the store. But head scarf is different its required in Islam therefore I would allow it + I dont see a problem with it from a non religious point of view.

Its not racist,, listen you cant where what you want, if your in a working environment such as McDonald's they have alot of concerns such as health, safety and hygiene. That requires them to wear something different clothes, etc etc

Working in a retail store you cant have your employee covering there face, or whereing that "jilbab", as you call it.

Think about it you have a customer walk in a store, and you cant see the employees face, thats wrong? and 2 be quite honist they should ban it for secuirty reasons........ive been told when you go Meccka your NOT allowed to cover your face, so why do it ?

why on earth would u wanna see someone face ... ? answer that.. ... n thats difference cuz thats allahs house... u cant compare it .. n after all everyone is gonna be busy in allah house. Common sense.. :exhausted

so lets say i needed a job but i cant get it cuz i have to take it off**** the hijab**** do u think i should take it offffffffffffff. ????? .. always remember RELIGION COmes FIRST.............

qassy!
07-31-2008, 02:07 AM
If you wanted a job, but you where wearing a hijab covering the hair and that its fine, but if your covering the face its wrong when in business..........

why on earth would u wanna see someone face ...
Are you trying to be stupid?

arabianprincess
07-31-2008, 02:11 AM
If you wanted a job, but you where wearing a hijab covering the hair and that its fine, but if your covering the face its wrong when in business..........

i said lets say they rufused to let u work unless u take it off .. wat would u do.... if u were in our place.

Are you trying to be stupid?
.... i think u better watch ur mouth .. cuz that was RUDE.... as i said lets think about it .. Y on earth do u wanna see someones face. .. ....

im out

qassy!
07-31-2008, 02:13 AM
.... i think u better watch ur mouth .. cuz that was RUDE.... as i said lets think about it .. Y on earth do u wanna see someones face. .. ....

im out
it wasnt rude, its common scene. Basic communication skills requires eye 2 eye contact, facial expression...... and so on......AS FAR AS I AM AWARE........in Islam it says you need 2 where hijab, but dont need 2 cover ur face and in meckka you not allowed 2 cover face correct?

arabianprincess
07-31-2008, 02:18 AM
hmmm yeah asking someone r u tryin to be stupid is nt rude ..n actually its common sense do u honestly believe u need to see the face expression. just think about it.. wats the point ... just cuz the western said its important so it is......my point was .. everyone has the rite to wear watever they feel like.. u know wat i ll be the better bigger person... .. u know wat ... lets just let this topic rest.. i said my opinion n u said urs .. so its done..

qassy!
07-31-2008, 02:21 AM
its not just done, you started 2 argu with me, if you wanted 2 leave an arguemnt u would of not replied when you said "im out"

yes u do, do you think there could be an actor when somone is covering there face? NO they cant, WHY?

arabianprincess
07-31-2008, 02:22 AM
look i was just tryin to end it.. cuz i dont wanna get into a fight over a topic.. i said mine n u said urs so watever ... ... we anit talkin about acting.. we were talkin about business... so i dont see how can u compare that .. ... :S

qassy!
07-31-2008, 02:25 AM
it was an example........you know in the UK, London if you have an employee covering there face, it will scare customers away. If you have someone covering there face on the underground in the UK you will scared people due to terrorism. WHen I work and I have customers who need help and wearing that thing on there face, i cant help them because you cant see them.

Somone told me your not allowed 2 where it in Mecka, so why would you where it at all ?

BUT Hijab is acceptable and I dont have nothing against it

arabianprincess
07-31-2008, 02:28 AM
it was an example........you know in the UK, London if you have an employee covering there face, it will scare customers away. If you have someone covering there face on the underground in the UK you will scared people due to terrorism. WHen I work and I have customers who need help and wearing that thing on there face, i cant help them because you cant see then.

Somone told me your not allowed 2 where it in Mecka, so why would you where it at all ?

BUT Hijab is acceptable and I dont have nothing against it

some ppl believe its important .. i mean its there choice ... its a personal choice.. i asked someone y would u wear it. n they said ... cuz we wanna be closer to allah... well sometime i think .. y every convert most i believe cover there face... n u know when it comes to faith ... they r much stronger than us born muslims./ ,,.,, some ppl just want more hasnat... for example... like the things which arent requried to do .. but if u do em u ll get more hasnat... so thats wat i believe.

qassy!
07-31-2008, 02:32 AM
yeah but another point is, i find there the worst people i have ever met. There put there phone in between there face and there face cover thing

and there scream and shout down the phone, no respect nothing like that/

Whereas a hijab is accepted in the UK, people dont mind people wearing it whereas on with the viel thing they cover the whole face, it also raises HUGE Security concerns

yeah its true about the coverts this is because, they choose 2 go 2 islam they wernt born with it and there taking relgious seriously, whereas myself never took ti seriously and as i am abit stupid now it will get me time 2 become good if u know what i mean

arabianprincess
07-31-2008, 02:38 AM
yeah but another point is, i find there the worst people i have ever met. There put there phone in between there face and there face cover thing

not allll .. i mean yes u ll find in every group.. u ll see bad ones...
and there scream and shout down the phone, no respect nothing like that/

Whereas a hijab is accepted in the UK, people dont mind people wearing it whereas on with the viel thing they cover the whole face, it also raises HUGE Security concerns

i get ur point ... but i was talkin in the beginning about the hijab,, before u posted up etc
yeah its true about the coverts this is because, they choose 2 go 2 islam they wernt born with it and there taking relgious seriously, whereas myself never took ti seriously and as i am abit stupid now it will get me time 2 become good if u know what i mean
... welll i guess u anit the only one.... good luck.... n hopefully both of us will became stronger .. /// peace

Woodrow
07-31-2008, 04:01 AM
This thread has out lived it's usfulness. Things do not need to go this far and result in bashing of individuals.

:threadclo:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.