/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian Transsexual Beauty Pageant Raided

north_malaysian
07-28-2008, 05:41 AM
Kelantan raids transsexual beauty pageant

BACHOK, July 27 - No one was crowned at the Glam Nite Miss Universe Asia 2008 at a resort in Tok Bali in Bachok on Friday night.

However, 16 contestants had a free night stay with the Kelantan Islamic Religious Affairs Department enforcement officials who raided the transsexual beauty pageant in the hotel resort.

Officials said some 50 people, including a teacher, took part in the pageant which drew a raucous crowd of some 300 people, including transsexuals from across the country to the resort in a scenic part of Kelantan.

Enforcement unit chief assistant director Abdul Aziz Mohd Nor lead a team of 50 in the 10pm raid, saying those detained were in their 20s and 30s and were posing in women's dresses.

"Three of them managed to get away by diving into a nearby river while the rest were arrested and taken to the department's office in Kota Baru for further action," he said yesterday.

Abdul Aziz said the activities of the transsexuals, including dressing up like women, were against Islamic practices. He said they could be fined up to RM3,000 or jail if convicted.

Source: http://www.malaysianinsider.com/inde...beauty-pageant

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Faye
07-28-2008, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Kelantan raids transsexual beauty pageant

Abdul Aziz said the activities of the transsexuals, including dressing up like women, were against Islamic practices. He said they could be fined up to RM3,000 or jail if convicted.

Source: http://www.malaysianinsider.com/inde...beauty-pageant
Well, they are against Islamic practices to the best of my knowledge.

Nawal89
07-28-2008, 11:17 PM
transsexual beauty pageant in KELANTAN?

north_malaysian
07-29-2008, 12:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
yeah.. out of 13 states in Malaysia ... they held that in a state where the Islamists have been ruling since 1990. No wonder they've been raided... they're looking for troubles.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
07-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Transsexual beauty pageants ANYWHERE?!:skeleton:

north_malaysian
07-29-2008, 02:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Thailand organises it annually... I think this is the first time it was held inside Malaysia.

AvarAllahNoor
07-29-2008, 05:45 AM
Oh dear. I can't fathom trannies. You're born the gender you are, please accept it!

Whatsthepoint
07-29-2008, 08:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Why not? There's so many beauty pageants, so why not one for trannies?

Anyway, I'm not sure about it, but to my knowledge Iran, which has become a synonym for an Islamic state, not only allows gender reassignment surgeries but also funds them. So is corss-dressing and transsexualism a sin in Islam?

Nawal89
07-29-2008, 08:09 AM
^The hadeeth says Allah curses the men whom imitate women, and women who imitate men.

Like cross-dressing of course. And transsexualism is also a sin, Because we're not allowed to change the way Allah has created us.

Allah says in the qur'an, that the shaytaan says," And I will command them so that they will change the creation of Allah."

So yes both cross-dressing and transsexualism are sins in islam.

north_malaysian
07-29-2008, 08:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I'm not sure about it, but to my knowledge Iran, which has become a synonym for an Islamic state, not only allows gender reassignment surgeries but also funds them.
From what I've heard, in Saudi Arabia, a girl who had sex-change operation is recognised as a male.

in Thailand, you can change your gender...but the government would never officially recognises it.

Nawal89
07-29-2008, 08:15 AM
^thailand has soo many transsexuals and cross dressers. Well here in malaysia too. They offer good make up advice at the make up counter...But they look really horrible when they wear it. No matter how much foundation they wear sometimes their mustache stubble is just so obvious anyway.

north_malaysian
07-30-2008, 01:07 AM
^thailand has soo many transsexuals and cross dressers. Well here in malaysia too. They offer good make up advice at the make up counter...But they look really horrible when they wear it. No matter how much foundation they wear sometimes their mustache stubble is just so obvious anyway.
i think it's very not unusual to see transvetites in any Malaysian cities... if they did this pageant in Muslim-minority states like Penang, Sabah, Sarawak or Kuala Lumpur ... I dont think that there would be any raid. Choosing Kelantan for the event was a very big mistake.

I've heard that there are 10,000 Muslim transvetites in Kuala Lumpur alone. Many involved in entertainment and prostitution.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.