/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Robber says sorry - then steals van

north_malaysian
07-28-2008, 05:51 AM
Monday July 28, 2008

Robber says sorry - then steals van

By LOONG MENG YEE

PETALING JAYA: An armed robber apologised profusely for robbing a children's home, and then made his getaway with two accomplices in the home's brand new van.

Without their only mode of transportation, the administrators of Rumah Kasih in SS3 here were frantically calling friends and well-wishers yesterday to help ferry their 16 female charges to school, tuition and for other errands.

“This upsets our routine tremendously. Worse, the robbers shattered our sense of security. The girls no longer feel safe and are fearful of being attacked again,” said Rumah Kasih founding member and spokesperson Peter Anthony Das.

The three robbers, in their 20s and armed with parangs, had climbed over the closed automatic gate at 6.50am. The main grille was closed but not locked because house caretaker G. Rani had wanted to air the floor mat in the garden.

The robbers rushed into the home. One grabbed a child, Samantha, 12, and put a parang to her neck, telling her to be quiet.

Like this: Das showing how the robber had held one of the girls captive while Rani shows the slash wound on her palm Sunday.

Another rushed to Rani, 46, and demanded money, threatening to kill her if she made any noise.

“I was in the kitchen. Samantha was in the hall. The other children were sleeping in the rooms. The third robber began searching around the house for valuables,” Rani recalled.

“I pleaded with them not to harm the children, saying this was a home for underprivileged girls and that we did not have money.”

The agitated robber then swung his parang at Rani's neck. She blocked it with her left hand and suffered cuts. The robber then snatched the wedding thali around her neck and also took a gold pendant.

Rani and Samantha were later shoved from room to room as the robbers continued their search for valuables. Some of the children awakened by the commotion hid under the beds.

Finding nothing, the robbers decided to steal the 14-seater van donated by another founding member, Benedict Raju.

“One robber repeatedly said sorry before the three escaped in the van,” said Rani.

Das said the house administrators would have to depend on the goodwill of well-wishers to provide transport for the girls. Those wishing to help, can contact Das at 012-213 4468.

Source: http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...957&sec=nation

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Knight
07-28-2008, 06:29 AM
They're lucky the robbers even spend some time to apologize. Robbers in my neighborhood are so notorious they have been known to rob the same house three times in a month!

A neighbor three blocks away from my house managed to stave off a robbery attempt by yelling, "Abang, ambil pistol!" which translates to "Husband, go get the gun!"

north_malaysian
07-28-2008, 07:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
Robbers in my neighborhood are so notorious they have been known to rob the same house three times in a month!
what? :exhausted

Last year there were a couple of armed robberies in my neighbourhood... this year ... no robbery....lots of patrol units..Alhamdulillah!

Na7lah
07-28-2008, 06:15 PM
*speechless*

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
07-28-2008, 06:24 PM
well,

i know of people who got robbed and then the robbers felt a bit peckish....and went into the kitchen and ate last nights dinner, and in the container left a note saying, that was nice and requested dessert for the nxt tym they came. :D

Eeman
07-29-2008, 04:48 PM
well not so long ago my sister's salon was robbed, since she does not leave money in there overnight in the tills, they couldnt find anything else and were determined not to leave empty handed so they stole whatever hair products they could manage, hairsprays, mousses, gels and waxes.

lolllllllll! lame.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.