/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need help in arabic letter

gang4
07-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Assalamu-Alaikum Brother/Sister….
I don’t know Arabic (maybe a tiny bit) and in the attempt to memorize a surah or more of Al-Qur’an… by having a database for my own personal use….

I need your help,
In Latin, the word “Hai” and “H ai” (a space between ‘H’ and ‘a’)can be read the same without changing the meaning

I am not sure in Arabic since I am afraid to change the Arabic letter of Al-Qur’an.
For example,

The word لِكَيْلا (transliterated word: likay la) found at Surah 3 Al-Imran verse no 153 and
The word لِكَيْ لَا (transliterated word the same: likay la) found also at Surah 16 An-Nahl verse no 70 (the font looks differ in this site than the original writing, sorry)

The first one has no space and the second one has a space between likay and la
The graphics Arabic letter Lam and alif of la differ with or without preceding space.
Should they be treated as two different words or one of the same word?

So do the word “am man” and “amman” and other words….

and I am using several Al-Qur’an softwares and sometimes one differs than the other….(just the spatial between words) but I do not know how to make it out of it….since the space between the word effects the graphical presentation for the Arabic letter...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Imam
07-30-2008, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by gang4
Assalamu-Alaikum Brother/Sister….

In Latin, the word “Hai” and “H ai” (a space between ‘H’ and ‘a’)can be read the same without changing the meaning

I am not sure in Arabic since I am afraid to change the Arabic letter of Al-Qur’an.
For example,

The word لِكَيْلا (transliterated word: likay la) found at Surah 3 Al-Imran verse no 153 and
The word لِكَيْ لَا (transliterated word the same: likay la) found also at Surah 16 An-Nahl verse no 70 (the font looks differ in this site than the original writing, sorry)

The first one has no space and the second one has a space between likay and la
The graphics Arabic letter Lam and alif of la differ with or without preceding space.
Should they be treated as two different words or one of the same word?

:sl:

This issue belongs to the science of (tajweed) and not the Grammar

لِكَيْلا

is called (mawsool) in other word two words connected in one word

some times it is found in the Quran like that and sometimes is found in another form which called (maqtoo3)

لِكَيْ لَا

both of them has exactly the same meaning

the science of (Tajweed) says:

if you find them connected
لِكَيْلا (mawsool) it means you can't seperate لِكَيْ and لَا while pronouncing during recitation ....you must pronounce both one way ,as one word..

if you find them not connected

لِكَيْ لَا (maqtoo3) it means you can prounounce لِكَيْ and لَا seperately during recitation ....you don't have to pronounce both one way as one word..

:w:

gang4
07-31-2008, 06:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imam
:sl:

This issue belongs to the science of (tajweed) and not the Grammar

لِكَيْلا

is called (mawsool) in other word two words connected in one word

some times it is found in the Quran like that and sometimes is found in another form which called (maqtoo3)

لِكَيْ لَا

both of them has exactly the same meaning

the science of (Tajweed) says:

if you find them connected
لِكَيْلا (mawsool) it means you can't seperate لِكَيْ and لَا while pronouncing during recitation ....you must pronounce both one way ,as one word..

if you find them not connected

لِكَيْ لَا (maqtoo3) it means you can prounounce لِكَيْ and لَا seperately during recitation ....you don't have to pronounce both one way as one word..

Syukron brother... for this educational and beautiful explanations....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.