/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Itikaf

Ambish
07-28-2008, 09:02 PM
:sl:This week on the 27 for shab-e-miraj i will be hoping to fast inshallah.My mum was at a milaad at the weekend and she heard there that if anyone wishes they can do the Itikaf for a day. I have never done an Itikaf before so could those that have or anyone please tell me what is required from me during this time? I understand that I am not supposed to talk to anyone ...what other restrictions are there?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
07-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Thread Approved

Fasting on the day which one believes to be the day of the Mi’raaj is not permissible, and comes under the heading of bid’ah. Even if a person is not sure, but he fasts this day for the sake of being on the safe side, it is as if he is saying, ‘If it is really the day of the Mi’raaj, then I will have fasted it, and if it is not, it will still be a good action that I have done, and if I will not be rewarded for it then I will not be punished.’ This attitude means that a person is committing bid’ah, and he is a sinner who deserves to be punished. But if his fast is not because it is the day of the Mi’raaj, but is rather because it is his habit to fast alternate days, or to fast Mondays and Thursdays, and that happens to coincide with the day known as the day of the Mi’raaj, there is nothing wrong with him fasting it with that intention, i.e., the intention of fasting on Monday or Thursday, or a day on which he usually fasts.
Source

I'm unsure regarding observing i'tikaaf for the day however this explains the conditions of i'tikaaf.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to PM me. Thread Closed.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.