/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "I saw a man from among my Ummah..."

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-29-2008, 02:46 AM
:sl:

Abdur-Rahman ibn Sumurah said:
"The Messenger of Allah (SAW) came out to us one day. He stood before us and said,
'Last night I saw something amazing. I saw a man from among my ummah to whom the Angel of Death came to seize his soul, but his honoring of his parents came and kept the Angel of Death away from him. I saw a man whose torment in the grave was about to come upon him, and his wudoo came and saved him from that. I saw a man from among my ummah whom the devils had seized, but his remembrance of Allah came and banished the devils from him. I saw a man from among my ummah whom the angels of torment had seized, but his prayer came and saved him from them. I saw a man from among my ummah tormented by thirst. Every time he approached the Cistern he was pushed back, then his Ramadan fasting came and gave him to drink and quenched his thirst. I saw a man from among my ummah, and I saw the prophets sitting in circles. Every time he approached a circle he was repulsed, then his doing ghusl to clean himself from janaabah came, took him by the hand and brought him to beside me. I saw a man from among my ummah in front of whom was darkness, behind him was darkness, to his right was darkness, to his left was darkness, above him was darkness and beneath him was darkness. He was stumbling in the darkness, then his Hajj and Umrah came and brought him out of the darkness into the light. I saw a man from among my ummah trying to protect himself with his hands from the flames and sparks of the Fire, then his sadaqah (charity) came and formed a barrier between him and the Fire, and shielded his head. I saw a man from among my ummah speaking to the believers but they did not speak to him. Then his uploading of family ties came and said, 'O' Muslims he used to upload ties of kinship, so speak to him.' Then the believers spoke to him and shook hands with him and he with them. I saw a man from among my ummah whom the guards of Hell had seized, then his enjoining of what was good and forbidding of what was evil came and saved him from them, and brought him to be with the angels of mercy. I saw a man from among my ummah kneeling down, with a screen between him and Allah. Then his good manners and attitude came and took him by the hand, brought him before Allah. I saw a man from among my ummah whose record of deeds had come to him from his left. But his fear of Allah came, took his record and placed it in his right hand. I saw a man from among my ummah whose balance was light, but his children who died in infancy came and made his balance heavy. I saw a man from among my ummah teetering at the edge of Hell, but his hope in Allah came and saved him from that, and he moved on. I saw a man from among my ummah who had been thrown into the Fire, then his tears that he had wept for fear of Allah came and saved him from that. I saw a man from among my ummah standing on the siraat (bridge over Hell), trembling like a leaf in a violent wind. Then his positive thinking of Allah came and made him steady and enabled him to cross. I saw a man from among my ummah crawling across the siraat, sometimes on his stomach and sometimes on all fours, clinging on. Then his sending blessings upon me came and made him stand on his feet, and saved him. I saw a man from among my ummah who had reached the gates of paradise, but the gates were locked and he was shut out. Then his testimony that there is no god except Allah came and opened the gates for him, and admitted him to Paradise."
This is narrated by Al-Haafiz Abu Moosa al-Madeeni in Al-Targeeb fi'l-khisaal al-munjiyah wa'l-Tarheeb min al-Khilaal al-Murdiyah. His book is based on this hadith, on which it is a commentary. He said, this hadith is hasan jiddan, and it is narrated from Sa'eed ibn al-Musayyid by 'Amr ibn Aazar and 'Ali ibn Zayd ibn Jad'aan and Hilaal Abu Jablah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khayal
07-29-2008, 03:04 AM

I saw a man from among my ummah who had reached the gates of paradise, but the gates were locked and he was shut out. Then his testimony that there is no god except Allah came and opened the gates for him, and admitted him to Paradise."
SubhanAllaah! awesome sharing brother, May Allaah SWT reward all of us with Jannat Al ferdous and make all of us from those whom will enter Jannat Alferdous with out being reckoning to be with Allah and his messenger, InshaAllaah & Aameen!

JazaakAllaah khayr.

:w:

TrueStranger
07-29-2008, 08:34 AM

Thanks for posting that was indeed helped a lot.

May Allah award.

:w:

Re.TiReD
08-02-2008, 05:23 PM
:salamext:

SubhanAllah! That was amazing, may Allah (swt) reward you in abundance for sharing that akhee!

May Allah (swt) forgive our sins and shortcomings, may He make us of those who uphold the ties of kinship, who are kind to our parents, relatives, neighbours and the orphans. May Allah (swt) make us of those who remember Him often and also of those who endure hardships with patience. Ameen!

:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
roohani.doctor
08-02-2008, 10:17 PM
I saw a man from among my ummah standing on the siraat (bridge over Hell), trembling like a leaf in a violent wind. Then his positive thinking of Allah came and made him steady and enabled him to cross.
:thumbs_up

al.Ghurabaa'
08-03-2008, 01:10 AM
SubhanAllah!! Fantastic thread I say! Truly Amazing!! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

JazakAllahukhairan bro for sharing this with us! May Allah reward you, guide us all on the straight path, shower His blessings and mercy upon us, and grant us Jannatul Firdous...Ameen...

^^Thuma Ameen to Khayal and JσℓιєFℓєυя du'aas...

arabianprincess
08-03-2008, 03:10 AM
subhan allah wal ahdamduallah wa la elah ela allah... la howal wal koa ela be allah...

subhannn allah ya rab i ll be one of em... ameen .. may allah helps us all./.. wa 3lykom el salamz.

gladTidings
08-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Salaam...

Just shows Allah swt's mercy, in all the excuses He uses forgive us subhanAllah.Also the importance of being consistent. Ameen to the du'as.

Ws.

Uthman
08-03-2008, 07:20 PM
SubhanAllah, that's beautiful.

Umu 'Isa
08-13-2008, 11:56 AM
subhan Allaah.... ameen to the adeya

jazak Allaahu khayran for sharing.

*bump*

Orn
08-20-2008, 01:07 AM
beautiful reading brother jazak Allaahu khayran

al Amaanah
08-20-2008, 03:41 AM
beautiful masha Allah, jazak Allahu khair.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.