/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i want to change. but hmm how

arabianprincess
07-29-2008, 04:06 AM
salam wa 3lykom

:sl:
well i reallly wanna change but when i do i just go back like 10 times worse then before.. ( nt that im doing anythin BIG) but if u think about it .. alll the little things adds up !... now... as some of the ppl remember my last thread about my mother.. n we ended up fightin she stopped talking to me.. n now she forgave me and im happy n im changing my ways.. now thats out of the way... music is my weaaaaaaaaaaak point..... n talking about ppl behind there back..... n ever since i came to america ... livin in a non islamic environment .. its reallly hard to keep up with the religion..these last 3 years were the worst in my life... i have been sooo far from religion.... n not thats like an excuse or anything. i know i should have been stronger . but i failed to do so ..my heart have became soooo weak n i kept lying to my self that yes allah i ll change .. n i never meant it. my salat was preformed in the wrong way n i knew it was wrong but as i said by time i sorta didnt care.. n im realllly ashmed of it .. n realllly thanks to that brother who posted that story about * the boy that tried to escape death* by Z.al rashid ,,, it was a wake up call.. for the first time it reallly hit me i can die any min ,...n i reallly thank him... if anyone missed it

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ape-death.html

now ... if anyone was in a similar situation.. wat do u advise me... .how can i stay focus n dont let a small thing change me n take me back to the wrong way. thanks u alllll .. salamz....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shible
07-29-2008, 07:39 AM

Before i begin ,

I am in no way eligible to advice anyone since i am too not perfect.

But i had a few thoughts on reading this post so i thought of sharing them that's all....

Few ways to work on....

1. Try to change or shift your home and go to some other place where u can see some better environment.

2. Try to hold up till Ramadhan and place all your queries before him and also ask Allah for a better environment where you can perform all your deen related activities.

Coz the very first thing that we can think is only to go for a change. It is the basic thing... Let it be specific to new job or college or home or environment

Insha Allah Hope for the Best

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-29-2008, 10:11 AM
just to add on to what shible said

if you analyse the story of the boy who escaped death we can see that the company we keep plays a HUGE part in changing... for real its impossible to change if you keep bad company. I advise you to either stay alone if you cant find good company or find good company.

i hope Allaah guides you towards a stronger islaam !

Assalamu Alaikum

arabianprincess
07-30-2008, 02:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shible

Before i begin ,

I am in no way eligible to advice anyone since i am too not perfect.

But i had a few thoughts on reading this post so i thought of sharing them that's all....

Few ways to work on....

1. Try to change or shift your home and go to some other place where u can see some better environment.

2. Try to hold up till Ramadhan and place all your queries before him and also ask Allah for a better environment where you can perform all your deen related activities.

hmm honestly i dont have like bad friends... n actually the only person i got is my cousin. n shes really helps me in every way ... but yeah i get ur point .. i mean i cant leave my house... n ameen .. inshallah thank u brother.. alot.

Coz the very first thing that we can think is only to go for a change. It is the basic thing... Let it be specific to new job or college or home or environment

Insha Allah Hope for the Best

hmm honestly i dont have like bad friends... n actually the only person i got is my cousin. n shes really helps me in every way ... but yeah i get ur point .. i mean i cant leave my house... n ameen .. inshallah thank u brother.. alot.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
arabianprincess
07-30-2008, 02:23 AM
:cry:
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
just to add on to what shible said

if you analyse the story of the boy who escaped death we can see that the company we keep plays a HUGE part in changing... for real its impossible to change if you keep bad company. I advise you to either stay alone if you cant find good company or find good company.

i hope Allaah guides you towards a stronger islaam !

Assalamu Alaikum
ameen like i said ... i dont hang out with anyone i pretty much chill with my cousin n shes soo much better than i am... but inshalllah i ll try to change my ways.. anyone else :cry: any advise willlll reallly help me.

coddles76
07-30-2008, 02:55 AM
Asalam Alykum sister,

Here is something that I have read that can hopefully also help your faith inshAllah

Praise be to Allaah.

You should appreciate the blessing that Allaah has bestowed upon you by enabling you to repent and adhere to your religion, before death comes suddenly. So you should thank Him greatly for this blessing, which should make you strive harder to obey Him.

Al-Bukhaari (4836) and Muslim (2819) narrated that al-Mugheerah ibn Shu’bah said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood (in prayer) until his feet became swollen. It was said to him: Allaah has forgiven your past and future sins. He said: “Should I not be a thankful slave?”

In Saheeh Muslim (1343) it is narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Sarjis said: When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) travelled, he would seek refuge with Allaah from the hardships of travel, from bad consequences, from a bad situation after a good situation, from the prayer of one who has been wronged, and from an ill-fated outcome with regard to family and wealth.

In His Holy Book, Allaah strikes a similitude for the one who goes back to bad ways and destroys what he has built up, and turns away from the path of guidance, which explains the bad situation he is in and what he has chosen for himself, and He warns His slaves against doing this foolish deed:

“And fulfil the Covenant of Allaah (Bai‘ah: pledge for Islam) when you have covenanted, and break not the oaths after you have confirmed them — and indeed you have appointed Allaah your surety. Verily, Allaah knows what you do.

92. And be not like her who undoes the thread which she has spun, after it has become strong, by taking your oaths as a means of deception among yourselves, lest a nation should be more numerous than another nation. Allaah only tests you by this (i.e. who obeys Allaah and fulfils Allaah’s Covenant and who disobeys Allaah and breaks Allaah’s Covenant). And on the Day of Resurrection, He will certainly make clear to you that wherein you used to differ (i.e. a believer confesses and believes in the Oneness of Allaah and in the Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad صلىالله عليه وسلم which the disbeliever denies and that is their difference amongst them in the life of this world)”

[al-Nahl 16:91-92]

Shaykh Ibn al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

This includes everything that a person has covenanted to Allaah, such as acts of worship, vows and faith, because fulfilling that is righteousness. It also includes that which he and others have covenanted, such as covenants between people.

“And be not” in breaking the covenants in the worst and most foolish manner, “like her” who spins a strong thread, then when she has nearly finished it, she breaks it and it comes undone, so she exhausted herself spinning the thread and then undoing it, and she did not gain anything but frustration, exhaustion and foolishness. The same applies to the one who breaks the covenant; he is a wrongdoer, ignorant, foolish, lacking in religious commitment and manliness. End quote. (p. 447)

The shaytaan makes idea's in your head seem attractive. Don't let him fill your mind with the idea's which stem from illusions and laziness, and lack of resolve to do good.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan ties three knots at the back of the head of any one of you when he goes to sleep, striking each knot and saying: “You have a long night ahead, so sleep.” If he wakes up and remembers Allaah, one knot is undone. If he does wudoo’, two knots are undone. If he prays, all the knots are undone, and he starts the day energetic and in a good mood. Otherwise, he starts his day in a bad mood and feeling lazy.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3269) and Muslim (776).

Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr (may Allaah have mercy on him)said: This hadeeth indicates that the shaytaan causes a person to sleep and makes him feel heavy and lazy through his efforts and waswaas, and his ability to tempt, mislead and make falsehood seem attractive, except the sincere slaves of Allaah.

This hadeeth indicates that the shaytaan may be expelled by means of remembrance of Allaah (dhikr), as well as wudoo’ and prayer. End quote. Al-Tahmeed (19/45).

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Undoubtedly prayer itself offers good health to the body, and helps the body to rid itself of impurities and keep that which most beneficial thing for it, as well as offering protection to one’s faith and happiness in this world and the hereafter.

Similarly, qiyaam al-layl is one of the most beneficial means of protecting one’s well being and preventing many chronic diseases, and it is one of the most energizing things for the body, soul and heart, as it says in al-Saheehayn… and he quoted the hadeeth.

Zaad al-Ma’aad (4/225).

Do not feel weak before your enemy, and do not let him gain any power over you. Seek the help of Allaah and do not feel helpless – as your Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has enjoined you. Remember that “ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaytaan (Satan)” [al-Nisa’ 4:76]. Remember that the obligatory prayers are easy and the Muslim will not find it burdensome to perform them regularly.

And ALLAH SWT know's best!

Ansariyah
07-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Sis...hold on tight to the rope of rasululah (saw). I know its hard, who am I to advice u? my imaan isnt that high at the moment either.

Here is something that u should watch...It always gets to me n encourages me to not give up on my Imaan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58g-ZNWxv20

al.Ghurabaa'
07-31-2008, 12:13 AM
Sis,

Read this story too. I'm not in any position to advise you because I'm not perfect...but then nobody is - what we can do is keep encouraging each other to stay on the straight path, and keep our trust in Allah always. Never lose hope...always remember the One above, who sees and hears everything. All we need is to put our trust in Allah, keep strong, and inshAllah all will go well.

This story is really touching mashAllah...another wake-up call too:

I can't remeber the site I got it from (it had alot of other stories mA), but I found it on here anyway:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22869

arabianprincess
08-02-2008, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
Asalam Alykum sister,

Here is something that I have read that can hopefully also help your faith inshAllah

Praise be to Allaah.

You should appreciate the blessing that Allaah has bestowed upon you by enabling you to repent and adhere to your religion, before death comes suddenly. So you should thank Him greatly for this blessing, which should make you strive harder to obey Him.

Al-Bukhaari (4836) and Muslim (2819) narrated that al-Mugheerah ibn Shu’bah said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood (in prayer) until his feet became swollen. It was said to him: Allaah has forgiven your past and future sins. He said: “Should I not be a thankful slave?”

In Saheeh Muslim (1343) it is narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Sarjis said: When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) travelled, he would seek refuge with Allaah from the hardships of travel, from bad consequences, from a bad situation after a good situation, from the prayer of one who has been wronged, and from an ill-fated outcome with regard to family and wealth.

In His Holy Book, Allaah strikes a similitude for the one who goes back to bad ways and destroys what he has built up, and turns away from the path of guidance, which explains the bad situation he is in and what he has chosen for himself, and He warns His slaves against doing this foolish deed:

“And fulfil the Covenant of Allaah (Bai‘ah: pledge for Islam) when you have covenanted, and break not the oaths after you have confirmed them — and indeed you have appointed Allaah your surety. Verily, Allaah knows what you do.

92. And be not like her who undoes the thread which she has spun, after it has become strong, by taking your oaths as a means of deception among yourselves, lest a nation should be more numerous than another nation. Allaah only tests you by this (i.e. who obeys Allaah and fulfils Allaah’s Covenant and who disobeys Allaah and breaks Allaah’s Covenant). And on the Day of Resurrection, He will certainly make clear to you that wherein you used to differ (i.e. a believer confesses and believes in the Oneness of Allaah and in the Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad صلىالله عليه وسلم which the disbeliever denies and that is their difference amongst them in the life of this world)”

[al-Nahl 16:91-92]

Shaykh Ibn al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

This includes everything that a person has covenanted to Allaah, such as acts of worship, vows and faith, because fulfilling that is righteousness. It also includes that which he and others have covenanted, such as covenants between people.

“And be not” in breaking the covenants in the worst and most foolish manner, “like her” who spins a strong thread, then when she has nearly finished it, she breaks it and it comes undone, so she exhausted herself spinning the thread and then undoing it, and she did not gain anything but frustration, exhaustion and foolishness. The same applies to the one who breaks the covenant; he is a wrongdoer, ignorant, foolish, lacking in religious commitment and manliness. End quote. (p. 447)

The shaytaan makes idea's in your head seem attractive. Don't let him fill your mind with the idea's which stem from illusions and laziness, and lack of resolve to do good.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan ties three knots at the back of the head of any one of you when he goes to sleep, striking each knot and saying: “You have a long night ahead, so sleep.” If he wakes up and remembers Allaah, one knot is undone. If he does wudoo’, two knots are undone. If he prays, all the knots are undone, and he starts the day energetic and in a good mood. Otherwise, he starts his day in a bad mood and feeling lazy.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3269) and Muslim (776).

Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr (may Allaah have mercy on him)said: This hadeeth indicates that the shaytaan causes a person to sleep and makes him feel heavy and lazy through his efforts and waswaas, and his ability to tempt, mislead and make falsehood seem attractive, except the sincere slaves of Allaah.

This hadeeth indicates that the shaytaan may be expelled by means of remembrance of Allaah (dhikr), as well as wudoo’ and prayer. End quote. Al-Tahmeed (19/45).

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Undoubtedly prayer itself offers good health to the body, and helps the body to rid itself of impurities and keep that which most beneficial thing for it, as well as offering protection to one’s faith and happiness in this world and the hereafter.

Similarly, qiyaam al-layl is one of the most beneficial means of protecting one’s well being and preventing many chronic diseases, and it is one of the most energizing things for the body, soul and heart, as it says in al-Saheehayn… and he quoted the hadeeth.

Zaad al-Ma’aad (4/225).

Do not feel weak before your enemy, and do not let him gain any power over you. Seek the help of Allaah and do not feel helpless – as your Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has enjoined you. Remember that “ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaytaan (Satan)” [al-Nisa’ 4:76]. Remember that the obligatory prayers are easy and the Muslim will not find it burdensome to perform them regularly.

And ALLAH SWT know's best!
thanks .... soo true.. now i can understand the difference ... btw sleepin all nite n prayin during the nite.. huge difference.. hopefully i ll stick to the path ... thank u alot.. salamzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

arabianprincess
08-02-2008, 08:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al.Ghurabaa'
Sis,

Read this story too. I'm not in any position to advise you because I'm not perfect...but then nobody is - what we can do is keep encouraging each other to stay on the straight path, and keep our trust in Allah always. Never lose hope...always remember the One above, who sees and hears everything. All we need is to put our trust in Allah, keep strong, and inshAllah all will go well.

This story is really touching mashAllah...another wake-up call too:

I can't remeber the site I got it from (it had alot of other stories mA), but I found it on here anyway:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22869

thank you ... i appericate it.. salamz

Sharif
08-03-2008, 07:23 AM
What's a new awesome goal you can set for yourself that you'll be totally and passionately excited about? Something that will keep you up late and wake you up early? Something that will help you grow?

Set it and commit to it. Get others to help you achieve the goal.

It's only natural to fall back sometimes. Here's the kick: The achievers spring back up very quickly. The non-achievers dwell on that fall back and take forever to get back up again.

So, DECIDE on that goal.

Take actions.

Make du'aa'.

Chill :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.