/* */

PDA

View Full Version : info abt UK Required

shible
07-29-2008, 07:29 AM
:sl:

I am planning to visit UK for a couple of months as part of my project work.

My office is in Heathrow.

and i am planning to take an accomodation somewhere near by.

Could you guys suggest me . which area has near reach to Masjid

And also is there any Masjid near Heathrow (Waterside), So i could go for my friday Prayers.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eeman
07-29-2008, 04:36 PM
salam alaikum bro, hmmmm wheres waterside?

i live very near heathrow but i am assuming that your referring to the other side of heathrow which is more far out from the centre and town, i suggest when you think about accomodation avoid going that far out and try to find a place in areas like cranford, osterely, and even hounslow, cos not only are you close to work, also close to and better and easier transport, more convenient and the best thing is that these areas are more populated with ethnic minorities and due to the increase in the asian communities here there are more mosques. although i must advise that they are not the best of areas to live (not cos of crime so rest assured) but are becoming more upcoming and hip due to the increase in the number of new developments around.
i would say that osterely and hounslow would be better areas.

if you need more help then please do ask.

ma salama

shible
07-29-2008, 05:23 PM
My Office is near the Haethrow Airport.

and they call that as waterside building.

it would be fine for me if i could get a place where i can reach in 40 mins of transportation on Tube (train). Coz i heard Tube (train) service is available from Heathrow...

Eeman
07-29-2008, 05:49 PM
o ok now i get it cos i got quite confused as i thought that waterside was the name of an area, well from hounslow which is the furthest it takes you 15mins in tube, osterely it takes 10 or so mins and cranford by bus probably 10 15mins not far at all.

mean now you have the heathrow express so you ca be living in paddington and get to heathrow in 15mins but its too pricey. i suggest you look into these areas, its the west part of londn too which is the best part.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
07-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Is leyton stone in east london too far i got fam there and ive been once or twice its not bad

Eeman
07-29-2008, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
Is leyton stone in east london too far i got fam there and ive been once or twice its not bad
lol yeah bro thats the other side of london, east london is maybe over an hour drive away with traffic which is common especially down the north circular which is the quickest route to east london it can even take over 2 hours. if the brother was working near the city airport then it would have been understandable. so you can see that its so far that they even have their own airport since people find it difficult to travel from heathrow who live in east london due to its distance.

m102313
07-29-2008, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
Leytonstone is not close to heathrow, i think you should try and look for accommodation round Hounslow or Hillingdon.

Eeman
07-29-2008, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
Leytonstone is not close to heathrow, i think you should try and look for accommodation round Hearthrow or Hillingdon.
yeh hillingdon is close but then its far from town, i mean the brother isnt really going to be working working working, its nice to be close to work yet at the same time close to town too.

then again brother shible, with the 40mins journey in mind your now broadening your choices even more, chiswick is a lovely area, so is ealing and south ealing, i am saying of places bearing in mind your travel and where comutting would be easy for you, hammersmith is nice too which is is 10mins away from west end central. yet on the picadilly line which is the direct line to heathrow and i would say that from hammersmith your looking at about 25 to 30 mins travel. then if you want more central you have earls court, gloucestor road etc but the cultural mix here is very diverse and not so much asian populated and not so many mosques around whereas places like hounslow have mosques and are heavily asian populated.

can i also say that i dunno about other people but in my view you will be quite disappointed at what majority of the mosques are, i kno when you go back home and look at mosques you can see feel and sense that this is what a mosque should be, whereas in london i have only been to regents park mosque and thought yes this is what you call a mosque, most of the mosques in here are very small, some even ar houses that people have turned into mosques.

oh the only place as in one area where you have many mosques is southall, totally asian populated and from southall, train station you can get a direct train to heathrow which i would say is about 15mins journey, but southall doesnt appeal to many people. i personally LOVE southall! :D its so desi yaar!

m102313
07-29-2008, 06:15 PM
I live in Southall at the moment, and i hate it, too many immigrants lol. Btw... no offence to immigrants and they don't have many mosques, the two proper ones are Masjid-e-Abu Bakr and the one in Old Southall. Insha'allah im hoping to move back to Hackney, North London where i was born and bred.

shible
07-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Can you suggest me which area is less expense for accomodation. and how far is it from Heathrow

And also is there any Conveyence from that area to Heathrow

shible
07-30-2008, 03:43 AM
Could someone suggest some info on the below message

format_quote Originally Posted by shible
Can you suggest me which area is less expense for accomodation. and how far is it from Heathrow

And also is there any Conveyence from that area to Heathrow

m102313
07-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Try Southall or Hounslow as mentioned above ^^
As for the prices you will have to inquire about it.

:w:

Eeman
07-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Could someone suggest some info on the below message
brother i suggest that you try hounslow, expense wise you cannot say that i go to the supermarket in hounslow and tea is 99p but in oxford street its £1.99 cos it'll be the same the only thing is obviously accomodation the closer to town you are the more expensive the place. so i suggest hounslow would be a better place for you to focus on price wise and convenience wise.

Eeman
07-30-2008, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
I live in Southall at the moment, and i hate it, too many immigrants lol. Btw... no offence to immigrants and they don't have many mosques, the two proper ones are Masjid-e-Abu Bakr and the one in Old Southall. Insha'allah im hoping to move back to Hackney, North London where i was born and bred.
thats not nice, southall is so different and full of colour and spice, ok at times i do find it quite dirty but still the sense it has is something else, you wouldnt even think your in the uk, its like little asia itself, asia as in pakistan india, but now its increasing in its mix with somalians afghans bosnians and many more thenic minorities, the more the merrier!!!:statisfie

there's nothing wrong with being immigrants, once upon a time tracing back to your family unless your english you would find that every one of us comes back from that line. thats the beauty of a multicultural community brings colour and flavour to life, you learn new things from people from different parts of the world, that in itself is knowledge, if your gonna have a place or area only populated with one kind of people, how dull and broing is that?

i have heard that after sunset in hackney women wouldnt dare to go around the area.

shible
11-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Assalamu Alaikkum (warah),

Hello Brothers,

I am travelling to UK tonight.

Hope i could meet some of our brothers over there Insha Allah.

As of now planning to Stay on Hounslow.

Assalamu Alaikkum

Ali.
11-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalam,

I am travelling to UK tonight.
You gotta' say insha'Allah, bro' :).

I wish you a pleasant and non troublesome journey!

Zahida
11-08-2008, 09:14 PM
:sl: Uxbridge??? Southall is too ** can't find the words for it. Southall is not my cup of tea......... Maybe Wembly or Regents Park but then you will have to travel, another good place is Ruislip which is not too far from Heathrow but miles better than Southall..........:w::thankyou:

Sorry couldn't be of much help!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.