/* */

PDA

View Full Version : bought this car, need ur help :)

Mikayeel
07-30-2008, 09:46 PM
:sl:

For all the brother (or sisters) who have knowledge about cars! I just have bought this car, however i still have a chance to pull out.

THIS AN AUCTION FOR

A VAUXHALL ASTRA 1-6 16V CLUB

ONLY 30,000 MILES

IT WAS REGISTERED 20/03/2000

AND

HAS ONLY HAD 2 PRIVATE OWNERS FROM NEW

THE VEHICLE HAS FULL MAIN DEALER HISTORY

FULL BOOK PACK AND HPi CLEAR

TAX UNTIL END OF FEB 2009

MOT UNTIL 19 MARCH 2009

FEATURES INCLUDE

ICE COLD AIR CON

REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING(2 keys)

ELECTRIC FRONT WINDOWS

ALLOY WHEELS

POWER STEERING

ALARM/IMMOBILISER/DEAD LOCKS

RADIO CD PLAYER

DRIVER HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE SEAT

THIS CAR HAS ONLY COVERED

30,000 MILES WITH FULL MAIN DEALER HISTORY.

Before I say the price i want you to estimate its value. Jazaakun Allah khairun for your help :)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
07-30-2008, 09:49 PM
1,500 is the price and its not bad if its ur first car

Mikayeel
07-30-2008, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
1,500 is the price and its not bad if its ur first car

Thanks for your reply bro, yes it is my first car. And you are not far of with the price :)

ooh, i just realized i spelled 'bought' wrong lool

S_87
07-30-2008, 09:54 PM
i dont know much about cars but id say its more than £1500, its only done 30,000 miles :?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Na7lah
07-30-2008, 09:55 PM
mashallah looks nice :)

Mikayeel
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
i dont know much about cars but id say its more than £1500, its only done 30,000 miles :?
Only 30.000! I was suprised thats not an awful lot!

Mikayeel
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
mashallah looks nice :)
thank you :)

Cabdullahi
07-30-2008, 10:01 PM
what reg is it?

Mikayeel
07-30-2008, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmedjunior
what reg is it?
w - (20/03/2000)

Mikayeel
07-30-2008, 10:16 PM
More pics

Cabdullahi
07-30-2008, 10:19 PM
its gotta be £900 to 1,500 brother when did ya pass ur test cus im taking some lessons and i just need sum advice

ayan333
07-30-2008, 10:19 PM

nice car,Insh ALLAH ill get mine this sep. after i get my licens on sept 6 Insh ALLAH (plz Pray for me)

lol.it looks so weird,cuz teh drivers seat is on the right.

Whatsthepoint
07-30-2008, 10:23 PM
1500 punds, that's 200 euros right?
Yeah, it's a fair price, it looks rather intact and it's only done 30000 miles.
Why do Brits call it Vauxhall, when it's Opel in German?

Mikayeel
07-30-2008, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Ye i know its messed up why, because a british company called vauxhaull bought it, but kept everything else the same as opel.

Mikayeel
07-30-2008, 10:27 PM
its gotta be £900 to 1,500 brother when did ya pass ur test cus im taking some lessons and i just need sum advice
the price is 1320 :)

Lool bro, i still havent passed. I havent even got my pro license :p However with this car isnhAllah i will be motivated to start and pass soon :)

Mikayeel
07-30-2008, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

nice car,Insh ALLAH ill get mine this sep. after i get my licens on sept 6 Insh ALLAH (plz Pray for me)

lol.it looks so weird,cuz teh drivers seat is on the right.

thank you :)

InshAllah u get urs soon!

Yep it even felt weird for me coming from holland to the UK:p

Whatsthepoint
07-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Germany probably makes the best cars in the world, Opel are probably the worst ones... They're cheap though.

crayon
07-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Germany probably makes the best cars in the world, Opel are probably the worst ones... They're cheap though.
Yup, I agree, German cars are awesome.... Ahhhh Mercedes-Benz. :statisfie

Whatsthepoint
07-30-2008, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Yup, I agree, German cars are awesome.... Ahhhh Mercedes-Benz. :statisfie
Audi and BMW are even better. And there's Porsche and several smaller companies.

Cabdullahi
07-30-2008, 10:47 PM
German cars are not the best nowadays its all about Japanese cars no1 can beat them for their super cars with cheap spare parts

Whatsthepoint
07-30-2008, 10:51 PM
German cars are not the best nowadays its all about Japanese cars no1 can beat them for their super cars with cheap spare parts
Japanese cars may be technically superior, German cars, and certain American and British ones, on the other hand are the most prestigious, good-looking, shabby etc.

Cabdullahi
07-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Japanese cars may be technically superior, German cars, and certain American and British ones, on the other hand are the most prestigious, good-looking, shabby etc.
Let me guess you're german:rollseyes

Whatsthepoint
07-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Let me guess you're german:rollseyes
No.:D
But I like German cars a lot. And a lot of other German things, the German language, German music, German cinema, German architecture etc.

Cabdullahi
07-30-2008, 11:02 PM
No.:D
But I like German cars a lot. And a lot of other German things, the German language, German music, German cinema, German architecture etc.
So let me guess you're a german wannabe:rollseyes

Whatsthepoint
07-30-2008, 11:05 PM
So let me guess you're a german wannabe:rollseyes
Wrong again, As much as like Germany, I would never wanna be German... the older generation is weird and often xenophobic, the younger generation is better thiugh.

Brother_Mujahid
07-31-2008, 12:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by raOnar

Before I say the price i want you to estimate its value. Jazaakun Allah khairun for your help :)
errr im not all that good at valuations. but i think £2.50 sounds about right.. What you reckon.

i'd trade my maryland meal of 4 wings and fries and a drink for that, ermmm hold on a sec. i don't think i would.

no problem for the help bro :D

qassy!
07-31-2008, 12:31 AM
£1,320? is thats in pounds, thats so cheapppppppppppppppppp!

Eeman
07-31-2008, 12:32 AM
how is £1'500 200euros????????:skeleton:

qassy!
07-31-2008, 12:35 AM
Wont your insurance be alot as its your first car on somthing like that? My insurance on my first car cost me £4,000

Whatsthepoint
07-31-2008, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
how is £1'500 200euros????????:skeleton:
Oops, I meant two thousand.:-[

qassy!
07-31-2008, 12:48 AM
I got Audi S3, let me get some pictures hold on....

qassy!
07-31-2008, 12:52 AM
My car is exactly the same as these:

god i love my car 2 bits, seriously

wash, polish and hoover every weekk! cost me a fortune !!!!!!
And theres rules

no 1 allowed 2 eat or drink
no perfume, aftershave, or makeup allowed 2 be used in the car
everyone has 2 wear seat belts
not allowed more then 4 people in the car

if you have dirty shoes, e.g muddy ur not allowed in the car, no smoking in the car
no loud music in the car with the sub woffers, if theres more then 2 people,

respect the car or get out ! simple!

Mikayeel
07-31-2008, 02:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
yep thats its price, uhmm am gna b like 3rd driver innit, to keep the insurance down

bro the s3 can't be ur first car.... can it? :p

qassy!
07-31-2008, 02:04 AM
yep thats its price, uhmm am gna b like 3rd driver innit, to keep the insurance down

bro the s3 can't be ur first car.... can it? :p
yeah yeah, marsahllah thats a very good price. You live in wales explains why its cheap comapred 2 London..............and um....if ur 3rd driver, you wont build no claims :(

yes it was my 1st, cost me alot of money and the insurance was £4k, and what was fire and theft...after a few months i got the insurance taken 2 fully comp which was another £1k :(

Mikayeel
07-31-2008, 02:09 AM
yeah yeah, marsahllah thats a very good price. You live in wales explains why its cheap comapred 2 London..............and um....if ur 3rd driver, you wont build no claims :(

yes it was my 1st, cost me alot of money and the insurance was £4k, and what was fire and theft...after a few months i got the insurance taken 2 fully comp which was another £1k :(
arghh u dnt build no claim bonus? i knew it was 2 good to be true!

Wow thats to much for the insurance! Its goin down every year for ur isnt it?

Well me of sleepin now, till beter times

:w: :)

qassy!
07-31-2008, 02:10 AM
no the insurance wont go down just yet....im only 18....they dont like 18 year old driving expensive sport cars...my freind brought the Audi A3 in white, and when we go out 2 freinds houses or partys etc etc, it looks so good because we role together!!!!

You need no claims yes.........when you got 20s, and you wanna a nice big car the insrance is going 2 be alot

if i had a couple of years of no claims bonus i wouldnt need 2 pay that much :(

qassy!
07-31-2008, 02:22 AM
ohhh Hamada, ! salam bruv i never knew!

Whatsthepoint
07-31-2008, 10:29 AM
It is... I smell something fishy.

qassy!
07-31-2008, 11:20 AM
It is... I smell something fishy.
lol -why u say tht

Tania
07-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Ask a mechanic to check up the car - to be sure doesn't have hidden faults. Ask the police about the price to register the car.

Whatsthepoint
07-31-2008, 11:58 AM
lol -why u say tht
I'm not saying anything...
But I wouldn't be surprised if CSI guys found blue markings on the back seat...

Güven
07-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Thats A nice Car Broo And The Price İs Nice Too :D
İ am Going To Take my Driving lessons İn October İnshAllah:statisfie

qassy!
07-31-2008, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Ask a mechanic to check up the car - to be sure doesn't have hidden faults. Ask the police about the price to register the car.
Whats what HPI does, its HPI cleared so it wouldnt be nothing like that :)

aadil77
07-31-2008, 12:33 PM
I got Audi S3, let me get some pictures hold on....
bruv your family must be rich to get you an s3 like that, they cost around £20k :D, unless its an a3 with an s3 body kit, how much was yours?

mashallah nice car:thumbs_up, but don't like the front wheel drive tho

aadil77
07-31-2008, 12:38 PM
bro ronar: if you're buying from ebay make sure you get every detail out of them, but thats some good specs for tha price, there could be some faults so be careful:thumbs_up

I've got my mums 2001 yaris and I still need to pass, passed by theory tho :D

qassy!
07-31-2008, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
bruv your family must be rich to get you an s3 like that, they cost around £20k :D, unless its an a3 with an s3 body kit, how much was yours?

i paid for it myself actually, i work my socks of buying it, i was working nights, day shift had 2 jobs. Sales job and I was working in some warehouse where i was doing night shifts. Im only doing part time now, it did cost alot indeed. You work out the price it had the following:

full service history from main dealers, (service was by main dealers ONLY)
1 year mot
log book
and
hpi cleared
and only did 25.000 miles
is in metallic white
factory modified, so the suspension was lowered, tints on all windows only 70%, and front was 40% lightly tinted this was all factory modified.

think of how much it cost, and now think of the insurance......my dad paid for the insurance (wish he paid for the car)

once i brought it after a month i done the following

sound system fitted, sub woofer mounted into the car, so the sub is not left in the boot if you know what i mean?

had blue neon lights fitted underneath, (its illegal 2 use, but it looks so good in the night when your on the motorway driving at 80)

and just maintaining it cost alot, the service from main dealers cost me £495 every year, and mot i dunno how much that is but this year its going 2 cost hell of alotttttttttt - ONCE somthing went wrong with my car, and I took it 2 the local mechanic and he was so confussed, he didnt know how 2 open the parts or anything......so i left it i was like dont touch my car mate

went 2 dealers, they plugged there computer into it and instantally they knew what was wrong :), with these new cars you cant do cowboy jobs anymore

but i love my car, thats why i have rules. People dont appreciate, i spent alot of time and money on my car. then when they take the mik out of it, it gets me hacked off :(

bro ronar: if you're buying from ebay make sure you get every detail out of them, but thats some good specs for tha price, there could be some faults so be careful:thumbs_up

I've got my mums 2001 yaris and I still need to pass, passed by theory tho :D
very good, im sure brother ronar knows this.......make sure you have all the certificates in ur hand like HPI and MOT

Sahabiyaat
07-31-2008, 01:21 PM
i paid for it myself actually, i work my socks of buying it, i was working nights, day shift had 2 jobs. Sales job and I was working in some warehouse where i was doing night shifts. Im only doing part time now, it did cost alot indeed.

but i love my car, thats why i have rules. People dont appreciate, i spent alot of time and money on my car. then when they take the mik out of it, it gets me hacked off :(
your in love with ur car, how charming. but i guess when uve paid for something, u guard it like gold, bit like my laptop lol. :D, laptop rules;

a) ask permission before use/installing games etc..
b) DO NOT eat or drink whilst using it!!! (they never listen to that one!)
c) DO NOT hold it and jump from great heights
d) and the typical paki thing....do not remove the plastic cover :D haha.

bit like my brother he was so desperate to get his first car, even tho he worked to pay for it, my dad had to chip in for it, plus insurance.actually they DID pay the insurance, and my brother payed um back, bit by bit.

assy
07-31-2008, 04:32 PM
hello fellow freinds. Brother qassy! i would like to say you have a very nice car, marshallah. I have Audi A3 my self, not good as your Audi S3, but it gets me and my wife around town.

Cabdullahi
07-31-2008, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
your in love with ur car, how charming. but i guess when uve paid for something, u guard it like gold, bit like my laptop lol. :D, laptop rules;

a) ask permission before use/installing games etc..
b) DO NOT eat or drink whilst using it!!! (they never listen to that one!)
c) DO NOT hold it and jump from great heights
d) and the typical paki thing....do not remove the plastic cover :D haha.

bit like my brother he was so desperate to get his first car, even tho he worked to pay for it, my dad had to chip in for it, plus insurance.actually they DID pay the insurance, and my brother payed um back, bit by bit.
hahahahah

aadil77
07-31-2008, 05:00 PM
i paid for it myself actually, i work my socks of buying it, i was working nights, day shift had 2 jobs. Sales job and I was working in some warehouse where i was doing night shifts. Im only doing part time now, it did cost alot indeed. You work out the price it had the following:
Don't know brother, how much? must have cost a bomb though. Its a massive achievment if you worked for it:thumbs_up, and not got it for free like some rich kids. So were you at college or uni whilst workin, If you were - I wouldn't have bin able to handle that. And how long did it take to save up for it, must have been a relief when you finally got it.

I'll be payin for insurance on my yaris, I hope my job at mac d's will be enough!
I'm alright with a car with decent fuel economy for now, because i'll mostly probably be travelling to uni. Insh'Allah if I get the chance I'd like to get a bugatti or a koeniggsegg or somethin like that, doubt it:rollseyes :D

qassy!
07-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Don't know brother, how much? must have cost a bomb though. Its a massive achievment if you worked for it:thumbs_up, and not got it for free like some rich kids. So were you at college or uni whilst workin, If you were - I wouldn't have bin able to handle that. And how long did it take to save up for it, must have been a relief when you finally got it.

I'll be payin for insurance on my yaris, I hope my job at mac d's will be enough!
I'm alright with a car with decent fuel economy for now, because i'll mostly probably be travelling to uni. Insh'Allah if I get the chance I'd like to get a bugatti or a koeniggsegg or somethin like that, doubt it:rollseyes :D

alot.....lets put it like that......

Yeah at college, while working, but i work full time nowdays
fuel? lol you know how much i pay for fuel a week ? £70!!!!

qassy!
07-31-2008, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by assy
hello fellow freinds. Brother qassy! i would like to say you have a very nice car, marshallah. I have Audi A3 my self, not good as your Audi S3, but it gets me and my wife around town.
Salam Assy, lol qassy, and assy, lol similar names

anyway jazaaKallah for that. A3 is nice, but its not supporty enough for me :)

Mikayeel
07-31-2008, 07:29 PM
ohhh Hamada, ! salam bruv i never knew!
wsalam wa wb :)

Simply_Logical
07-31-2008, 07:42 PM
mashallah nice car bro,
i thought it would easily be over £2000
alhamdulillah you got a bargain if you ask me! :D

qassy!
07-31-2008, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
mashallah nice car bro,
jazaakalah yes bruva its WELL More then £2,000 lol £2,000 thats taking the mik!

Simply_Logical
07-31-2008, 07:47 PM
your right bro lol 2G is still a bargain,
where you get the car from bro?
im gonna need a car soon! lol :D

Mikayeel
07-31-2008, 07:59 PM
mashallah nice car bro,
salaam brother :) thank u, ye everyone was telling it was a bargain, however I stil do not have the car, i needs to go nd get it from sumwher near london So i have got to see it first before i pay him any money.

I found it on ebay it was soo random, i logged on. No intention to buy a car whatsoever, i was looking for boxing equipment. So i seen this advertisement, was about 1 nd half minute left before it finished. So i waited nd made a bid which turned out to be the last 2 sec nd won it:p hamdulilah :D

Mikayeel
07-31-2008, 08:00 PM

Salam bro, do u know wher i can get some decent rims for a decent price?

Al-Zaara
07-31-2008, 08:05 PM
Selam aleykum, brother raOnar

Ooh, inshaAllah the car is good and hopefully it will be a good deal. :D When will you go and see it?

This so reminded me I gotta start my driving lessons soon inshaAllah (parents have been complainin'!) and then start lookin' for a car myself. Scary thought. :X

Simply_Logical
07-31-2008, 08:07 PM
why not try ebay again? :D
might get another bargain lol!

my friend brought a subaru svx from ebay,
we caught a flight from east midlands airport (nottingham)
to glasgow and then drove back to leicester,
all the way from glasgow, MISSIONS lol!

p.s aadil77 where in leicester you from?
i used to live there and got a lot of friends/family there! :D

Mikayeel
07-31-2008, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Selam aleykum, brother raOnar

Ooh, inshaAllah the car is good and hopefully it will be a good deal. :D When will you go and see it?

This so reminded me I gotta start my driving lessons soon inshaAllah (parents have been complainin'!) and then start lookin' for a car myself. Scary thought. :X
walykum alsalaam warahmat Allah wabarakatahu sister Al-Zaara :)

InshAllah it will be in good condition, uhm most likely tommorow u know the funny thing is i haven't taken a single drivin lesson yet:p However having the car in front of me will motivate me to do it as quick as possible :D.

How r the prices of cars in FInland?

Mikayeel
07-31-2008, 08:37 PM

lool i'll be looking :D

Aah nice car, but thats a mission nd 3/4!! to get all the way to glasgow, nd drive all the way back :S woww!! Was is it a nice experience?

Cars r cheap in scotland!

Mikayeel
07-31-2008, 09:26 PM

I just had a Vehicle Status Report on the car and it seems to have no problems at all. Nothing hamdulilah :D, so thats a good sign so far, and their valuation estimated it at £2,070.

aadil77
07-31-2008, 09:28 PM
lol I don't think he was reffering to you, chill!

so go on how much was it? are you still at college/ uni then?

btw where you workin?

aadil77
07-31-2008, 09:30 PM

oadby:D, wheres your family , let me guess - evington? near a mosque

Mikayeel
07-31-2008, 09:32 PM
lol I don't think he was reffering to you, chill! so go on how much was it?
are you still at college/ uni then?
:sl: dear brother:)

Was that question to me sorry?

If yes I am second year college, uni next year inshAlalh :)

Bro qassy was messin about ;)

aadil77
07-31-2008, 09:38 PM
:sl: dear brother:)

Was that question to me sorry?

If yes I am second year college, uni next year inshAlalh :)

Bro qassy was messin about ;)
lol so did you just bid for the car without actually looking for one, my parents would kill me if I did that, even if I have the money

Mikayeel
07-31-2008, 09:57 PM
lol so did you just bid for the car without actually looking for one, my parents would kill me if I did that, even if I have the money
lool, well yeah along these lines. Thing is my dad was right behind me, so that made it oke :p

qassy!
07-31-2008, 10:11 PM
IM sorry bruv i dont know, i only buy original manufacture alloys :(, check yoru local tyre shop ?

lol I don't think he was reffering to you, chill!

so go on how much was it? are you still at college/ uni then?

btw where you workin?

lol - college, and yes working

salaam brother :) thank u, ye everyone was telling it was a bargain, however I stil do not have the car, i needs to go nd get it from sumwher near london So i have got to see it first before i pay him any money.

I found it on ebay it was soo random, i logged on. No intention to buy a car whatsoever, i was looking for boxing equipment. So i seen this advertisement, was about 1 nd half minute left before it finished. So i waited nd made a bid which turned out to be the last 2 sec nd won it:p hamdulilah :D
Its from London and you paid £1500, god...i wish i could get that bargin....would of sold it for profit :)

Woodrow
08-01-2008, 05:12 AM
A young man's first car is a very memorable event. I can remember my first car, I don't have any pics of it but I found a pic of the same year and model on line.

Well it was not exactly a car, I was only 14 at the time and too young for a driver's license. But, at the time 14 was the age limit to operate this (as a student):

A 1944 Piper cub. Original new price was $1325, I bought it in 1954 for $100 paid $10 down and $5 a month for the next 18 months, made my first solo flight in it shortly after I turned 16. lots of memories

Later that year (1956) I did get my first car. (again had to find a pic online)

a 1927 model T ford. I paid either $50 or $75 for it. They were very low cost popular cars for teenagers back then. today if you could find one,it would cost quite a bit more. Very few of them survived us teens back then.

Now back to the orignal post. You got a fantastic bargain, It is hard to even find a used bicycle for that price.

Tania
08-01-2008, 10:45 AM
I found too its a good bargain :) and the previous owners didn't damaged the car-it seems after the technical report.

Bro Woodrow the T Ford car its a collection car. Tody you could sale it for a fortune :)

Sahabiyaat
08-02-2008, 09:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
A young man's first car is a very memorable event. I can remember my first car, I don't have any pics of it but I found a pic of the same year and model on line.

Well it was not exactly a car, I was only 14 at the time and too young for a driver's license. But, at the time 14 was the age limit to operate this (as a student):

A 1944 Piper cub. Original new price was $1325, I bought it in 1954 for $100 paid $10 down and $5 a month for the next 18 months, made my first solo flight in it shortly after I turned 16. lots of memories

Later that year (1956) I did get my first car. (again had to find a pic online)

a 1927 model T ford. I paid either $50 or $75 for it. They were very low cost popular cars for teenagers back then. today if you could find one,it would cost quite a bit more. Very few of them survived us teens back then.

Now back to the orignal post. You got a fantastic bargain, It is hard to even find a used bicycle for that price.
WOOOOWWW!!!
that its SOOO cool woodrow :D, im well impressed! solo flight huh, i wna fly too :D not fair lol. *calculates woodrows age and gasps*

H4RUN
08-22-2008, 11:46 PM

All audi 's' cars are 4 WHEEL DRIVE, they're all quattro...Well the last proper quattro systems were in the s2's, rs2's and maybe the old rs4..Ever since then they've used the haldex system which uses all 4 wheel to get off the line and then its 2 wheel drive...or something like that lol...but the quattros of the old skool like the proper UR quattro they were full time 4 wheel drive, OOOHH YEEAAS!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.