/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The night of miraj

Eeman
07-30-2008, 10:41 PM
salam alaikum dear brothers and sisters

i pray that Insha'Allah this finds you in the best health and imaan,
i know it is a bit late but he better latethan never, i just recieved a call from my husband telling me its the night of miraj tonight.
which i myself was not aware of, so lets make sure that we all pray loads tonight make all the duas that we have in our hearts to Allah swt, pour our hearts out to Him, ask Him to purify our souls, protect us from the evils of the the rejected shaytaan, make our hardships easy for us, and always keep our hearts guided to the truth.
and tomorrow for the ones that will Insha'Allah fast, it'll be a early starter to ramadhan Insha'Allah.

I pray that each and every one of our repentances are accepted, our sins are wiped out and our duas answered.

ma salama.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
07-30-2008, 10:51 PM
amin! sister i never knew that inshallah i will fast tmrow, i have to beg my sister to make me nice samosa's for iftar :)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-30-2008, 10:52 PM
im sure it was yesterday night? :|

Na7lah
07-30-2008, 10:55 PM
are there any hadeeths for fasting or increasing our ibadah on the day of Mi3raaj? :?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eeman
07-30-2008, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
amin! sister i never knew that inshallah i will fast tmrow, i have to beg my sister to make me nice samosa's for iftar :)
My dear brother salam alaikum,

i sincerely pray that every dua made to Allah swt tonight from you and every member of our ummah is answered. oh i wish we had samosas we have pakoreh so i'm going to munch on that :D .

wa salam.

Eeman
07-30-2008, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
are there any hadeeths for fasting or increasing our ibadah on the day of Mi3raaj? :?
i dunno sis, but fasting is not compulsary, its just a form og ibidah itself, i know of many people that fast everyday, my friend's grand mother fasts everyday of the year.

how is doing extra prayers a form of bidah praying is praying!!!!
your praying to the almighty Lord.
I pray til sunrise anyhow, so me doing nafl is not something that is new so i personally dont count it as bidah.

Eeman
07-30-2008, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
im sure it was yesterday night? :|
well broi dunno he was in the mosque and everyone is there so it is tonight i believe. :X

Na7lah
07-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Plz read these

This date on which al-Israa. and al-Mi’raaj occurred has not been established in the authentic ahaadeeth, neither during the month of Rajab nor in any other month. All that has been mentioned concerning the date of occurence of al-Israa. and al-Mi’raaj is deemed among the scholars of hadeeth to be unauthentic. Indeed, Allaah has great Wisdom in causing the people to forget the date of its occurrence. However, even if its date was confirmed, it would nonetheless be impermissible for the Muslims to distinguish that night from other nights by doing anything from among the acts of worship. Neither it would be permissible for them to celebrate it, as the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) and his companions neither celebrated it nor did they distinguish it with any special acts of worship.
Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said: ‘No saheeh hadeeth that may be used as evidence has been narrated concerning the virtues of the month of Rajab or fasting this month or fasting in any specific part of it, or observing Qiyaam al-Layl (night prayer) specifically during this month. Imaam Abu Ismaa’eel al-Harawi al-Haafiz has already stated this before me, and we have narrated this from others also’.
source

Na7lah
07-30-2008, 11:04 PM
my friend's grand mother fasts everyday of the year.
i don't think thats permissible

Eeman
07-30-2008, 11:07 PM
why not sis? why cant a slave of Allah swt go the extra mile to please Him?

Na7lah
07-30-2008, 11:09 PM
why not sis? why cant a slave of Allah swt go the extra mile to please Him?
generally speaking, if u fast everyday r u gona fast on Eid also?

Eeman
07-30-2008, 11:10 PM
no sorry she doesnt fast on eid. my bad only eid she doesnt fast.

'Abd al-Baari
07-30-2008, 11:15 PM
:sl:

This may be an interesting read..

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/11086/

:w:

Na7lah
07-30-2008, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude™
Lol... why wouldn't it be? :confused: of course, bar the forbidden days. Don't be so quick to dismiss something, sis, unless you are absolutely sure.
:?

I'm still searching for the hadith but i'm sure one of the sahabah's Abdullah bin Amr *i think, someone came to the prophet and told him that Abdullah fasts everyday so he called him and asked him bout that then he told him not to do that and to fast ramadan and 6 days from shawal but abdullah said he couls do more...

the hadith is loong so i'll try to find it

Cabdullahi
07-30-2008, 11:18 PM
hey guys can i fast tmrow is it permissible

Eeman
07-30-2008, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Baari

This may be an interesting read..

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/11086/

JAZAK'ALLAH khair brother adbul baari

I pray your rewards are multiplied for hat by Allah swt. :D

Eeman
07-30-2008, 11:20 PM
ok so why do the mosques encourage this then???????
they pray until sunrise!!!

Eeman
07-30-2008, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
hey guys can i fast tmrow is it permissible
bro i dont think i am going to fast i will still do my nafl prayers cos i do everynight, but i wont do anything just for the sake of the night of miraj.
i think i'll fast day after 2mrw Insha'Allah :D and get myself prepared for ramadhan by fasting 3 days a week.

Cabdullahi
07-30-2008, 11:26 PM
You know what i might do that inshallah,i will fast sunday,monday and tuesday inshallah

Na7lah
07-30-2008, 11:28 PM
abu salama ibn abdurahman reported from abdullah bin amr that the prophet said to him, “i have been informed that you stay up in prayer during the night and fast during the day, abdullah answered, yes. The prophet pbuh said, “fast and do not fast, pray and sleep, for your body, your wife, and your guests have a right upon you,
Abu Hurairah reported that the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, said: "Do not perforrn al-wisal." He said that three times and the people said to him: "But you perform al-wisal, O Messenger of Allah!" He said: "You are not like me in that matter. I spend the night in such a state that Allah feeds me and gives me to drink.. Devote yourselves to the deeds which you can perform." This is related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.

Eeman
07-30-2008, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude™
As far as I'm aware, it is only forbidden to fast on the Eid days and I think the 3 days after Eid-ul-Adha. Apart from them days, it is permissible to fast on any other day of the year, so if somebody was to do such a thing, it would be permissible, no? :?

I found this:Here.

Emaan, lol... there is a difference of opinion. Some are of the opinion that such a thing is bidah, whereas others believe it's not.

If you trust your local mosque and imams, then I'd say, by all means, continue to do what you're doing.
i know bro but the imams shouldnt be happening, why make people do things that are not right!!!
how comes there isnt or is there a governing body or council for all mosques that should look into these things?
isnt that what the shariah council is for?
oh im really confused... but why would the mosque and the imams encourage people to commit bidah?

Na7lah
07-30-2008, 11:33 PM
but why would the mosque and the imams encourage people to commit bidah?
some may not be doing it on purpose it mayb that they don't know...

Brother_Mujahid
07-30-2008, 11:35 PM
look at post 30, its got another hadith in relation to fasting..

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-30-2008, 11:40 PM

On the authority of Abu Muhammad al-Hasan bin Ali bin Abi Taib, the grandson of the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alayhi wasallam, and who is dearest to him, radiyallahu anhuma, who said: I committed to memory from the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alayhi wasallam, (the following words):
Leave that about which you are in doubt for that about which you are in no doubt.
Al-Tirmidhi and al-Nasaíi related it, and al-Tirmidhi said: It is a good and genuine Hadith. It is also number eleven of Imam an-Nawawi's Arbaeen.

From the lessons of this hadeeth:
This hadith indicates that one should only perform an act or deed (which is permissible and proper) if he is positive or certain of it. Performing this act will lead to some kind of tranquillity or happiness in this life and in the Hereafter – this is one of the benefits of applying the hadith.

Eeman
07-30-2008, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
some may not be doing it on purpose it mayb that they don't know...
but how can imams not know!!!! :skeleton::skeleton::skeleton::skeleton:
i meanwhat makes one an imam?? people realy look upto them and ask them questions to gain knowledge and advice too, OMG now i'm freaked. who do you trust???? who's word do you believe????

actually you know what come to think of it i think there should be strict rules and criteria for becoming an imam i rememember the the imam in local mosque that i have been, he freaks me OUT my man looks like he is talking to you and a few other jinns at the same time. and he isso clueless!

so brother Alpha if there are 2 different opinions are there any sources that maybe you could Insha'Allah provide to argue it not being a from of bidah?

Na7lah
07-30-2008, 11:45 PM
who's word do you believe????
just follow the quran and sunnah and u'll be fine :)

Brother_Mujahid
07-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Aha found the hadith here it is:

Anas said, "Three people came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, to ask about how the Prophet worshipped. When they were told, it was as if they thought it was little and said, 'Where are we in relation to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, who has been forgiven his past and future wrong actions?'" He said, "One of them said, 'I will pray all of every night.' Another said, 'I will fast all the time and not break the fast.' The other said, "I will withdraw from women and never marry.' The Messenger of Allah came to them and said, 'Are you the ones who said such-and-such? By Allah, I am the one among you with the most fear and awareness of Allah, but I fast and break the fast, I pray and I sleep, and I marry women. Whoever disdains my sunna is not with me.'" [Agreed upon]

Eeman
07-30-2008, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
theres also the hadith about the three men: paraphrasing... one man said he won't marry and devout himself to doing good, another said he would fast everyday, and one more man said ill pray all night.

when the news reached our prophet he came out and said. i marry, and fast some days and sleep for some part of the night.

ill try finding the exact wording but just incase i dont, i put that up so maybe someone else can find it. if in the process i can't/don't manage to find it.

Wasalam
bro i didnt get that! :X

Na7lah
07-30-2008, 11:56 PM
he posted the hadeeth on post # 30

Eeman
07-30-2008, 11:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
Aha found the hadith here it is:

Anas said, "Three people came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, to ask about how the Prophet worshipped. When they were told, it was as if they thought it was little and said, 'Where are we in relation to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, who has been forgiven his past and future wrong actions?'" He said, "One of them said, 'I will pray all of every night.' Another said, 'I will fast all the time and not break the fast.' The other said, "I will withdraw from women and never marry.' The Messenger of Allah came to them and said, 'Are you the ones who said such-and-such? By Allah, I am the one among you with the most fear and awareness of Allah, but I fast and break the fast, I pray and I sleep, and I marry women. Whoever disdains my sunna is not with me.'" [Agreed upon]
sorry my bad i didnt read this.

Jazak'Allah khair bro

wa salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.