/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden in a Muslim Eye

Ali Hassan
07-31-2008, 08:35 AM
Bin Laden in a Muslim Eye
Bin Laden. It is the most well-known name in the whole world nowadays. It is in the news, papers and human minds. His name is also connected to terrorist due to many terrorist activities he has been convicted to. This short paper deals with the question that weather Osama Bin Laden is a Muslim or not! In fact, to answer such question, a long research and understanding of the religion of Islam is required but to make the trip short the following discussion will centered in the ideas of Bin Laden's actions in Islamic prospective, Bin Laden's own law towards non-Muslims, and finally talking about my personal point of view, as Muslim, of the crucial operations he plans for or manages.
"Whosoever killed a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind." (Chapter 5, Verse 32)
Clearly, this verse states that killing a person without legal right is equal to killing the whole human being. What the verse means by legal right is, for example, when a person kills a human being, the killer has to be sent to death; manslaughter. In fact, it is more complicated than it appears. In the killing case, it is not the family of the victim who conduct the slaughter but it is the court. This way, human kind will be safer and their rights will be saved. God forbids the killing of a human life and that is in the deep core of Islamic laws. What Bin Laden has done does not reflect a behavior of a Muslim.
The second idea deals with Ben Laden's theory of non-Muslims. In 1998 and according to Al-Quds Al-Arabi Newspaper in London, Bin Laden issued a fatwa, an Islamic Law, declaring a war, or jihad, against the West and Israel. Simply, declaring a war means killing people. The verse above states the opposite. Islam considers human as the most valuable creatures. If this is what Bin Laden thinks, how can we call him a Muslim!
Moreover, Bin Laden appointed himself as a Leader to all Muslims. I, as a Muslim, do not agree with what Bin Laden does. His terrorist attacks are not directed to the West and Israel only, but also to Muslims. Saudi Arabia, for example, has experienced a number of terrorist attacks which Al-Qaeda is accused with.
In short, Osama Bin Laden can not be considered as a Muslim. He is breaking up the Islamic rules and replacing them with his own laws. Furthermore, he believes that whoever is not following or obeying his orders is against him and shall be killed. This is not what Islam teaches its followers. Now, I leave it to you to answer the question, is Bin Laden a Muslim?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
07-31-2008, 08:56 AM
The question remains to be answered as to what has Bin Laden done? Has he done what the media tells us he has done or is he innocent of the accusatons made against him.

I have yet to see were he has been convicted of any crimes or seen any verified evdence that he has done anything we are told he has done.

I do not support any of what he is acused of, but I will not condemn nor attempt to judge him, without solid evidence or proof he has done anything wrong.

What I read and am told he has done I believe are not the actions of a Muslim, but did he actually do any of them?

I can not say with certainty that Bin Laden is guilty of anything. I believe a man is innocent until proven guilty.

Ali Hassan
07-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Thank you. I respect your point.

Ali Hassan

Ansariyah
07-31-2008, 09:51 AM
He's a Muslim.

Be Careful to Question someone elses's Islam.

I think you should take a break from the Jewish/Zionist/Crusade/owned/Media.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trn2allah
07-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Of course he's a Muslim Subhaanallah! Your treading on thin ice talking about whether he is a Muslim or not... If you say he isnt muslim and he is a Muslim you are a non Muslim, simple as that, May Allah guide us all and keep us firm on Islam.

If us Muslims learnt the True Meaning of 'Al Wala Wal Bara' we would have a much better understanding of our deen an whats going on in this hectic era we find ourselves in....
Ma'assalam

Faye
07-31-2008, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The question remains to be answered as to what has Bin Laden done? Has he done what the media tells us he has done or is he innocent of the accusatons made against him.

I have yet to see were he has been convicted of any crimes or seen any verified evdence that he has done anything we are told he has done.

I do not support any of what he is acused of, but I will not condemn nor attempt to judge him, without solid evidence or proof he has done anything wrong.

What I read and am told he has done I believe are not the actions of a Muslim, but did he actually do any of them?

I can not say with certainty that Bin Laden is guilty of anything. I believe a man is innocent until proven guilty.
I agree with all of this. I would also like to point out that failing to comply with one edict of Islam does not a kaafir make. Islam is mostly a state of the heart, and even a thief, murderer and adulterer is still within the bounds of Islam if he believes in Allah, Muhammad SAWS, and the other major stuff.

And while I do not agree with many of the means he has been accused of using to achieve his ends, I fervently agree with his stated goals. He may possibly have an incorrect understanding of Islam (and who can truthfully claim to understand Islam in all its completeness and complexities with absolute certaintity), but I hope and pray that Allah will deal mercifully with him and me on the Day of Judgement.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.