/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question Bout Salah

Na7lah
07-31-2008, 07:29 PM
:sl:

inshallah after a few days we're gona go traveling but i have a question bout shortening the prayer

if you know ur gona be gone for more then 4 days more like a week are you allowed to shorten your prayers?

Jazakumullah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Na7lah
07-31-2008, 08:23 PM
*edit*

'Abd al-Baari
07-31-2008, 08:37 PM

This may be of some help, Insha'Allah :).

Question

I am an Algerian, and I came to Britain nearly three years ago. I have been shortening my prayers after hearing the fatwa of Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) saying that there is no time limit on shortening the prayers. I consider myself to be waiting until the situation in my country becomes safe, then I will return. I would like you to give me a clear fatwa that applies to my situation. May Allaah reward you with the best reward.

Answer

Praise be to Allaah.

The fatwa of the shaykh (may Allaah have mercy on him) says that the traveler is allowed the dispensation of shortening and combining his prayers, and of not fasting so long as he is still considered to be a traveler because of the general meaning of the texts. This was also the view of Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah before him. But the majority of scholars say that the traveler may only avail himself of the dispensations attached to travel so long as he does not intend to stay for four days or more. This is more on the safe side, and this was the fatwa of Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him).

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/21091

:w:

BlackMamba
07-31-2008, 08:43 PM
what? I always thought it was 2 weeks, if you stayed under two weeks then ur a traveler I guess I was wrong.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Faye
07-31-2008, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421

inshallah after a few days we're gona go traveling but i have a question bout shortening the prayer

if you know ur gona be gone for more then 4 days more like a week are you allowed to shorten your prayers?

Jazakumullah Khair
I don't think so.

Patience7
07-31-2008, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
what? I always thought it was 2 weeks, if you stayed under two weeks then ur a traveler I guess I was wrong.
exactly what i thought too...:-\

:w:

Na7lah
07-31-2008, 08:51 PM
i learned it was max 4 days but then i heard something else yesterday so i got confused

Makky
07-31-2008, 09:10 PM
No confusion Insha Allah... though there are a wide disagreement in this issue among the scholars but as My brother Abdul Baari replied with this Fatwa jazahu Allahu khairan.

But the majority of scholars say that the traveler may only avail himself of the dispensations attached to travel so long as he does not intend to stay for four days or more. This is more on the safe side, and this was the fatwa of Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him).
so Sister muslimah421 ..be Safe better.

Na7lah
07-31-2008, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Makky
No confusion Insha Allah... though there are a wide disagreement in this issue among the scholars but as My brother Abdul Baari replied with this Fatwa jazahu Allahu khairan.

so Sister muslimah421 ..be Safe better.
so its better for me to pray the salah full since i'm staying for more than 4 days sa7?

Makky
07-31-2008, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
so its better for me to pray the salah full since i'm staying for more than 4 days sa7?
Sa7

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.