/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muhammad SAW.. share your experiences

jannat
07-31-2008, 08:39 PM
:sl:

i hope ur all well inshallah.
The purpose of this thread, is to understand our prophet(SAW) more inshallah and inshallah develop love for the Rasul SAW.
I dont have much knowledge of Allah's Beloved, Muhammad SAW, i really want to develop love for him. We as muslims, have to love Rasul SAW, after Allah SWT, and i wish i could live up to that. ( i see people these days, i wish i could see a person like Muhammad SAW, theres no one like him , Kaash kya ye mumukin hai?) (is it possible)

I want to know what do u like about the Prophet SAW, What examples of his life have helped u , helped you love him, influenced and inspired you.i want to know how the Muhammad SAW, has effected you and how we can learn to love the Prophet SAW more.

what i liked about the prophet SAW is the way he respected, loved his wives, respected the elderly , showed patience greatly amongst the enemies of islam, He was gentle and caring. He was truely a beautiful man, I wish there were people like him. i wish he was here now, and i could speak to him, ask for advice etc..

please add your experiences, show what examples of his life helped you, and made you love him, because i want to inshallah , together as a community, we can achieve love for the 'Most influential man in the world', Muhammad SAW, as Micheal Hart ranked him.

Jazakallah khair,

ps( i would like emotional experiences:cry:, if u have any)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jannat
07-31-2008, 09:50 PM
so has anyone got any experiences, stories they would like to tell which helped them develop love for the Rasul SAW.
Guess u all like the Five word story thread(lol)

TrueStranger
07-31-2008, 10:10 PM

I wanted to write a little piece on Mohamed (PBUH) the Beloved of Allah, but out of fear of not perfecting the true excellence of the Beloved of Allah (PBUH) I changed my mind and wrote about my grandmother who lives in Mogadishu and the hardships she had to go through since the civil war broke 17 years ago. And sadly, I couldn’t even prefect that in a way which testified to her hardship, so how could I possible write about the hardship, excellence, and greatness of the Beloved of Allah(PBUH).

I would have failed miserably. :cry:

My blood boils when the kufrs hop on the freedom of speech wagon. One question comes to mind and that is “how could you insult and demean the only person who is able to intercede for us when all the other Prophets (PBUT) aren’t to do so?”

I think the best way to show that you love the Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) is to follow his sunnah properly. After all, we as humans are known for following the footsteps, and ways of those whom we love. We imitate the actions, behaviors, and words of those whom we respect and admire and we love defending them at all times.

I can’t prove my love for the Prophet (PBUH) by merely writing it down or uttering it, my actions have to show the love and respect I have for the Prophet (PBUH).

I hope and pray that we achieve that great goal.

Beautiful Thread, the BEST I have seen so far I must say.

May Allah reward you.

I will come back and write some more later.

:D

jannat
07-31-2008, 10:29 PM
jazakallah sis, i really hope i develop love for the Rasul SAW just like urself, plz do come back , inshallah we will learn alot from one another:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayan333
07-31-2008, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jannat

i hope ur all well inshallah.
The purpose of this thread, is to understand our prophet(SAW) more inshallah and inshallah develop love for the Rasul SAW.
I dont have much knowledge of Allah's Beloved, Muhammad SAW, i really want to develop love for him. We as muslims, have to love Rasul SAW, after Allah SWT, and i wish i could live up to that. ( i see people these days, i wish i could see a person like Muhammad SAW, theres no one like him , Kaash kya ye mumukin hai?) (is it possible)

I want to know what do u like about the Prophet SAW, What examples of his life have helped u , helped you love him, influenced and inspired you.i want to know how the Muhammad SAW, has effected you and how we can learn to love the Prophet SAW more.

what i liked about the prophet SAW is the way he respected, loved his wives, respected the elderly , showed patience greatly amongst the enemies of islam, He was gentle and caring. He was truely a beautiful man, I wish there were people like him. i wish he was here now, and i could speak to him, ask for advice etc..

please add your experiences, show what examples of his life helped you, and made you love him, because i want to inshallah , together as a community, we can achieve love for the 'Most influential man in the world', Muhammad SAW, as Micheal Hart ranked him.

Jazakallah khair,

ps( i would like emotional experiences:cry:, if u have any)

Wow,its so ironic..ive been thinkig about this last couple of days..wondering if i truley loved our beloved Prophet (saw) and if so to what degree.As his ummah we are suppose to love Him (saw) more then we love ourselves,yet in the world we live in today it would be a suprise to find such a person.

Alhamdulilah, ive gone through a phase that i hope those who havnt yet experience,live to experience it,both its good and its bad aspects...

To love our beloved Prophet (saw) is to follow his Sunnah,way of life..hard to do huh?....When one truley loves ALLAH (SWA) then his love for our Prophet (saw) grows as well as all that he has abscribed for us.

My "phase",Alhamdulilah has jus began to effect my ways

Insh ALLAH,If ALLAH (SWA) will everyone will join those whose love for our beloved Prophet (saw) has surpassed any love for any other human being.

I pray that ALLAH (SWA) grows our love for our Mothers,for Paradise is under her feet, i Pray that ALLAH (SWA) makes our love for our beloved Prophet grow untill we love Him (saw) more then we love ourselves or any other human,I Pray to ALLAH (SWA) that He (SWA) fills our soul with love for HIM,surpassing any and everything our souls desire.Insh ALLAH...Ameen

format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger

I wanted to write a little piece on Mohamed (PBUH) the Beloved of Allah, but out of fear of not perfecting the true excellence of the Beloved of Allah (PBUH) I changed my mind and wrote about my grandmother who lives in Mogadishu and the hardships she had to go through since the civil war broke 17 years ago. And sadly, I couldn’t even prefect that in a way which testified to her hardship, so how could I possible write about the hardship, excellence, and greatness of the Beloved of Allah(PBUH).

I would have failed miserably. :cry:

My blood boils when the kufrs hop on the freedom of speech wagon. One question comes to mind and that is “how could you insult and demean the only person who is able to intercede for us when all the other Prophets (PBUT) aren’t to do so?”

I think the best way to show that you love the Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) is to follow his sunnah properly. After all, we as humans are known for following the footsteps, and ways of those whom we love. We imitate the actions, behaviors, and words of those whom we respect and admire and we love defending them at all times.

I can’t prove my love for the Prophet (PBUH) by merely writing it down or uttering it, my actions have to show the love and respect I have for the Prophet (PBUH).

I hope and pray that we achieve that great goal.

Beautiful Thread, the BEST I have seen so far I must say.

May Allah reward you.

I will come back and write some more later.

:D

:sl: abayo

Yes im somalian lol..

I couldnt began to feel your pain for i have no true connecetion to our homeland, although i was born in the midst of it all...My family members were running for their lives,Mother fully preagnut with me,Alhamdulilah although people in cars infront of us were being stoped,by ALLAH (SWA) grace we werent.My Mother then had to pay lots of money for a doc to help with my arrival.Sadly at age 17 i dont know much about Somali,instead of saying ALhamdulialh we taking all we have for granted while children grow hungrey and sick.

May ALLAH (SWA) ease their pain and grant them success and in the hereafter,I pray for a quick end to all this madness,insh ALLAH.Ameen

btw,i loved you reply ^,AMsh ALLAH,well said

would love to hear what others have to say on this topic

great topic sis.

MustafaMc
08-01-2008, 07:03 PM
I recently read "The Sealed Nectar - Biography of the Prophet" http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/ma...tegory_Code=BT
to learn more about Prophet Muhammad's (saaws) life. The thing that most instilled a love for him in my heart was all of the humiliations that he patiently endured and the obstacles that he eventually overcame just to establish the worship of Allah and Islam as a noble way of life.

When I think of the heap of camel entrails that was dumped on his shoulders while he was in prostration it makes my blood boil, but then I remember the spirit of leniency that he expressed to those who had oppressed him for so long upon his triumphantly reentering Mecca. This illustrates to me that Prophet Muhammad (saaws) was clearly the best of mankind.

jannat
08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I recently read "The Sealed Nectar - Biography of the Prophet" http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/ma...tegory_Code=BT
to learn more about Prophet Muhammad's (saaws) life. The thing that most instilled a love for him in my heart was all of the humiliations that he patiently endured and the obstacles that he eventually overcame just to establish the worship of Allah and Islam as a noble way of life.

When I think of the heap of camel entrails that was dumped on his shoulders while he was in prostration it makes my blood boil, but then I remember the spirit of leniency that he expressed to those who had oppressed him for so long upon his triumphantly reentering Mecca. This illustrates to me that Prophet Muhammad (saaws) was clearly the best of mankind.
thankyou for that, true signs of love when your blood boils for the Rasul SAW, i havnt read the sealed nectar,i hope to one day inshallah. what otehr fings impress you about him which you didnt expect,?

TrueStranger
08-01-2008, 09:55 PM

My beautiful mom used to read to as hadiths that narrated the struggles of the Prophet (PBUH) when we were younger. She mostly read to us the hadiths that narrated the hideous ways the Prophet (PBUH) was treated by the Quraish, and his enemies, and how he responded to those treatments with such dignity and remarkable calmness. Those hadiths were certainly encouraging, influential, and utterly heartbreaking. The Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) and his Companions (May Allah have mercy on them) made decisions that were praiseworthy at times when a person’s emotions would be raging with anger and hatred. But they had a powerful grip on their emotions. The Prophet (PBUH) was not a revengeful person, but rather one who was forgiving and a mercy to the people, including his enemies. One of the reasons why I overlook some of the faults of others is because of the knowledge I have about the kindness and gentleness the Prophet (PBUH) has shown to those who victimized him over and over again. It takes a strong character to forgive with ease and a weak character to avenge with ease.

The character of the Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) is one that is beautiful shaped, and what is more beautiful than a person who is endowed with a beautiful character? Our character, lives, decisions, and actions are influence by our emotions, desires, and the opinions of those who surround us. Our decisions and actions are barely influence by the love and admiration we have for Allah. I really do think that one is only able to make righteous decisions if he-she is does everything with the intentions of pleasing Allah only. That is when your emotions vanish, your desires subside, and the opinions of others become insignificant. And Allah’s beloved (PBUH) did everything for the sake of Allah, so we should all encourage each other and ourselves to do everything to please Allah only, and we should do it with pure intentions.

I personally know that we as humans love to build our own character and make it unique, and our arrogance with the help of our ignorance enables us to ignore, if not hate and envy the characteristics of the God-fearing people. In reality we all relate to some people, admire them and follow them in hopes of being as great as them, so why not run after and look for the traces of those who are most close to Allah. It seems like the sand is about to conceal the footsteps of the righteous, and I think the footsteps of the righteous are only found by those who work righteous deeds, take the high road and those who try to at least mold a character similar to those that were God-fearing.

TrueStranger
08-01-2008, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

:sl: abayo

Yes im somalian lol..

I couldnt began to feel your pain for i have no true connecetion to our homeland, although i was born in the midst of it all...My family members were running for their lives,Mother fully preagnut with me,Alhamdulilah although people in cars infront of us were being stoped,by ALLAH (SWA) grace we werent.My Mother then had to pay lots of money for a doc to help with my arrival.Sadly at age 17 i dont know much about Somali,instead of saying ALhamdulialh we taking all we have for granted while children grow hungrey and sick.

May ALLAH (SWA) ease their pain and grant them success and in the hereafter,I pray for a quick end to all this madness,insh ALLAH.Ameen

btw,i loved you reply ^,AMsh ALLAH,well said

would love to hear what others have to say on this topic

great topic sis.

Sorry to hear that abaayo, I guess you were born in struggle heh? Sometimes we need that struggle, wear it as a badge of honor. :D

Ameen to your dua.

Beautiful post.

ayan333
08-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Sorry to hear that abaayo, I guess you were born in struggle heh? Sometimes we need that struggle, wear it as a badge of honor. :D

Ameen to your dua.

Beautiful post.

struggle? not at all..from from it...My Family and the plp of Somali have struggled.Alhamdulilah my Dad sacrficed alot to mak emy lif as well as everyone elses as smoot as possible...iv basically gotten everything ive ever wanted...i cant believe im admitting to this,o man lol my Fam would love to hear this..but ive always been spoiled,treated like a princess and acted like the biggest spoiled brat..something you'll see off children sit coms

Alhamdulilah,ive come to realized how much ALLAH (SWA) has blessed me.

anyways love to hear more about you all love for the prophet (saw)

ayan333
08-01-2008, 11:15 PM

My beautiful mom used to read to as hadiths that narrated the struggles of the Prophet (PBUH) when we were younger. She mostly read to us the hadiths that narrated the hideous ways the Prophet (PBUH) was treated by the Quraish, and his enemies, and how he responded to those treatments with such dignity and remarkable calmness. Those hadiths were certainly encouraging, influential, and utterly heartbreaking. The Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) and his Companions (May Allah have mercy on them) made decisions that were praiseworthy at times when a person’s emotions would be raging with anger and hatred. But they had a powerful grip on their emotions. The Prophet (PBUH) was not a revengeful person, but rather one who was forgiving and a mercy to the people, including his enemies. One of the reasons why I overlook some of the faults of others is because of the knowledge I have about the kindness and gentleness the Prophet (PBUH) has shown to those who victimized him over and over again. It takes a strong character to forgive with ease and a weak character to avenge with ease.

The character of the Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) is one that is beautiful shaped, and what is more beautiful than a person who is endowed with a beautiful character? Our character, lives, decisions, and actions are influence by our emotions, desires, and the opinions of those who surround us. Our decisions and actions are barely influence by the love and admiration we have for Allah. I really do think that one is only able to make righteous decisions if he-she is does everything with the intentions of pleasing Allah only. That is when your emotions vanish, your desires subside, and the opinions of others become insignificant. And Allah’s beloved (PBUH) did everything for the sake of Allah, so we should all encourage each other and ourselves to do everything to please Allah only, and we should do it with pure intentions.

I personally know that we as humans love to build our own character and make it unique, and our arrogance with the help of our ignorance enables us to ignore, if not hate and envy the characteristics of the God-fearing people. In reality we all relate to some people, admire them and follow them in hopes of being as great as them, so why not run after and look for the traces of those who are most close to Allah. It seems like the sand is about to conceal the footsteps of the righteous, and I think the footsteps of the righteous are only found by those who work righteous deeds, take the high road and those who try to at least mold a character similar to those that were God-fearing.

wow...well said sister

ayan333
08-01-2008, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc

wow,when you mentioned this book i clicked on the link and then thouht about ordering it...ol then i look down and its in front of me,wow...right in font of me..wow taht was crazy

ill get to reading it asap Insh ALLAH.

TrueStranger
08-01-2008, 11:35 PM

struggle? not at all..from from it...My Family and the plp of Somali have struggled.Alhamdulilah my Dad sacrficed alot to mak emy lif as well as everyone elses as smoot as possible...iv basically gotten everything ive ever wanted...i cant believe im admitting to this,o man lol my Fam would love to hear this..but ive always been spoiled,treated like a princess and acted like the biggest spoiled brat..something you'll see off children sit coms

Alhamdulilah,ive come to realized how much ALLAH (SWA) has blessed me.

anyways love to hear more about you all love for the prophet (saw)

Good to know that you were far from the war. We are all gifted in our own unique ways. So if Allah blessed you than you could do nothing but remain grateful and thankful, and you are doing just that Masha’Allah.

I am waiting for other people to respond. :D You should take a crack at it

Mac-Salaam

ayan333
08-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Good to know that you were far from the war. We are all gifted in our own unique ways. So if Allah blessed you than you could do nothing but remain grateful and thankful, and you are doing just that Masha’Allah.

I am waiting for other people to respond. :D You should take a crack at it

Mac-Salaam

i dont know what to say at the moment...but as i was gooing through th book that i ironically found right in fron of me lol http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/ma...tegory_Code=BT i found a passage that i'd like to share

.."The Curse of ALLAH falls upon the jews and christians for they have made their Prophets' graves placesof worship"

Then He (saw) said:

"Do not make my grave a worshipped idol"
Then He offered himself and invited the people to repay any injuries He might of inflicted on them, saying:

"He whom I have ever lashed his back, I offer him my back so that he may avenge himself on me,He whom I have ever insulted his honour,here i am offering my honor so that he may avenge hiimself"

SubanALLAH....i havnt even actually start reading and im speachless..

My love or our beloved Prophet (saw)has already increased,Alhamdulilah.

TrueStranger
08-02-2008, 12:17 AM

i dont know what to say at the moment...but as i was gooing through th book that i ironically found right in fron of me lol http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/ma...tegory_Code=BT i found a passage that i'd like to share

.."The Curse of ALLAH falls upon the jews and christians for they have made their Prophets' graves placesof worship"

Then He (saw) said:

Then He offered himself and invited the people to repay any injuries He might of inflicted on them, saying:

"He whom I have ever lashed his back, I offer him my back so that he may avenge himself on me,He whom I have ever insulted his honour,here i am offering my honor so that he may avenge hiimself"

That is beautiful; I never read that hadith before. By the time you finish reading that book, you will have great respect and love for the Beloved of Allah (PBUH)

I want to get my hands on that book.

Why is it so hard to find Islamic books. :enough!:

Eric H
08-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Greetings and peace be with you TrueStranger;
It takes a strong character to forgive with ease and a weak character to avenge with ease.
If only we could be strong in this way, then we might find peace.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship,

Eric

MustafaMc
08-02-2008, 01:14 AM
i found a passage that i'd like to share

Then He (saw) said:

I am glad that you already had the book and that you have begun reading it. It was the most impactful book on me after the Qur'an.

Yes, we Muslims do not take graves as places of worship, for worship is reserved for Allah only. Nor do we pray to any person (dead or alive) - only to Allah do we pray.

The more that we know about the life of Prophet Muhammad (saaws), the more that the Believers will love him. He was the perfect model for how we should live our lives.

ayan333
08-02-2008, 03:33 AM
That is beautiful; I never read that hadith before. By the time you finish reading that book, you will have great respect and love for the Beloved of Allah (PBUH)

I want to get my hands on that book.

Why is it so hard to find Islamic books. :enough!:

Alhamdulilah....i dodnt even know i had it,Insh ALLAH ill develop love for our beloved Prophet Mohamed (Saw) that i never imagined was possibleInsh ALLAH ill grasp all of it and try to apply it to my life asap.I bet if you go to your local Library ull find something ggo..if you dont mind me asking,were do you live? here in Atl,you wont hav eto search far or hardyoget a hold on these books.insh ALLAH youll find some beneficial...

actually if im not mistaken i saw a post were someone gave a link in which you could download books..but idk

i_m_tipu
08-02-2008, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Right justification gives peace in heart. No one can buy or obtain this kind of peace unless he is righteous leader.

2.30 Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a kahlifa (Representative, Vicegerent ---a deputy appointed to act in the authority of a Ruler (Here Ruler is Allah), similar to an ambassador. ) on earth."........

TrueStranger
08-02-2008, 05:30 AM

Alhamdulilah....i dodnt even know i had it,Insh ALLAH ill develop love for our beloved Prophet Mohamed (Saw) that i never imagined was possibleInsh ALLAH ill grasp all of it and try to apply it to my life asap.I bet if you go to your local Library ull find something ggo..if you dont mind me asking,were do you live? here in Atl,you wont hav eto search far or hardyoget a hold on these books.insh ALLAH youll find some beneficial...

actually if im not mistaken i saw a post were someone gave a link in which you could download books..but idk

I am sure they have some Islamic books in the library. But I actually want to buy this books, and i hate ordering anything on the internet.

I live in "Seayatal", as the Somalis say it :D macaanto.

TrueStranger
08-02-2008, 05:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you TrueStranger;

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship,

Eric
I extent the same greetings Eric.

We are all searching for peace. I hope you find it.

Peace.

ayan333
08-02-2008, 12:01 PM
I am sure they have some Islamic books in the library. But I actually want to buy this books, and i hate ordering anything on the internet.

I live in "Seayatal", as the Somalis say it :D macaanto.

o cool,my cuzzo came back from over there a lil while ago n now my friend up there,alot of rain huh?... atl use to be somaliland but they all migrated else where..i live here in the suburbs and dont see much Somali folks untill the weekends lol,funny story,a somali family movd in dow the block bout 2 weeks ago and we were so suprised,wee never had Somali's in our neiborhood or any where really close..kinda like it that way though lol

MustafaMc
08-02-2008, 01:50 PM
But I actually want to buy this books, and i hate ordering anything on the internet.
Yes, I understand what you mean about the uncertainty of ordering and sharing personal information over the internet. I ordered some Yusuf Islam CDs from amazon.com and they came to me in Turkish, while I was expecting English.

I actually ordered another copy of the Sealed Nectar from dar-us-salam.com last night as I had given my copy away. Masha'Allah, we have a collection of English translation Qur'ans, CD Qur'an recitation, CD nasheeds, software and books. Probably 90% was ordered over the internet.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.