/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help, i cant help but be like this

AnonymousPoster
07-31-2008, 09:32 PM
:sl:

I hope someone can help inshallah, the thing is am really jealous of my friend. i cant help but feel it. shes getting married and mashallah has a really nice husband. its as if all her dreams have come true, am happy for her, and i really hate this, but control this. I m really scared of my future, i wish my parents allowed me to matty here. i wish my parents were understanding.

As a woman i do have desires in the qualities i wish my spouse to have isnahllah , nothing extrordinary, educated, religious, caring etc,, nothings hard for Allah SWT, but i get really negative feelings that am nt getting what i want, and my friends will and that hurts me. i dont want to be jealous and live in their shadow, honest, it really hurts and upsets me. I get angry , i sometimes take it out on Allah SWT may he forgive me.

i ve spoken to my parents, they will do best, but i know what i desire or wish might be hard, i might end up being jealous all the time, coz they have better things than me; money,house, travel abroad etc..

i really wish he gives each and every one of my friends good kismat/fortune honest,Ameen. i want to be happy but feel insecure and jealous. I ask Allah SWT to give me courage and when its my turn he will give me a perfect spouse inshallah.
May he bless us all and give us good partners, inshalalh, i just hate thinking what i might get , if i marry in pakistan, Allah hu alim....

plz advice if u can, JAZAKALLAH

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
08-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

try not to worry too much inshaAllaah

whats to be shall be, Allaah knows from where comes happiness and from where comes sorrow. He knows from what difficulty we will become stronger and from what pleasure we will become weaker.

So try to understand that the lack of something we desire in this world isnt always a bad thing (in your case marriage), Allah knows the perfect time for it to take place, and inshaAllaah thats when it shall take place

Assalamu Alaikum

Eeman
08-02-2008, 02:13 AM
salam alaikum sister,

i'm just going to sa one thing that i want you to seriously think about, jealousy is a disease the erodes the soul. do you want that to happen to you?

i'm sorry sis but somehow tonight i dont feel like giving people much advice i dunno why, Insha'Allah tomorrow or something i'll write more.

wa salam.

arabianprincess
08-02-2008, 04:12 AM
salam wa 3lykom..

i really do get ur point ... but u shouldnt think that way... i mean sometimes its just a test for u.. n he wants to see if u pass it... but let me telll u one thing there is no such thing as prefect... but inshallah u ll get a grt person n so do i .. ya rab ameen. oh yeah try to be happy for ur friend n be thankfulll for the things u have................... wa salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nawal89
08-02-2008, 08:55 AM
In this dunya you'll only get what's meant for you. No more or no less. Its not worth it being jealous. It'll just make you more tired and unsatisfied with yourself.

Just try to accept Allah's qadr, and make the best ofwhatever situation you're in. you'll feel better that way.

Faye
08-02-2008, 10:42 AM
My teachers at Madrassa say that some thoughts/emotions are involuntary, from Nafs or the Evil Shaitan. Anger, jealousy all these are emotions that even the most pious of people feel. The difference is that impious people deal with them badly and do bad things because of them, while good people do not.

What you should do is to try to not dwell on thoughts of jealousy, and make dua for the people you are jealous of each time you catch yourself feeling jealous, and refrain from acting on the emotion. Insha Allah, Shaytan will soon realize the futility of his actions and leave you in peace.

Sharif
08-03-2008, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I hope someone can help inshallah, the thing is am really jealous of my friend. i cant help but feel it.
Hmm... I believe you CAN help it.

Go do something really nice for her--something YOU would want your best friend to do for you if you were getting married.

its as if all her dreams have come true...
ALL her dreams? Every single one of them? You know the saying that grass is always greener on the other side, right? Such "as if" feelings are just like that.

I m really scared of my future, i wish my parents allowed me to matty here. i wish my parents were understanding.
Scared of your future? Hmm... What have you been doing to prepare yourself for the future? What has to happen for your wishes to come true?

Do YOUR part and leave that up to Allaah.

As a woman i do have desires in the qualities i wish my spouse to have isnahllah , nothing extrordinary, educated, religious, caring etc,,
Hmm... The qualities that you seek in your future spouse, do you have the "feminine" version of those qualities in you? To what extent?

If you were at a level 8, do you think you can ask your parents to look for someone who's also at level 8 or even at level 9 or 10?

nothings hard for Allah SWT, but i get really negative feelings that am nt getting what i want, and my friends will and that hurts me.
Do you have something that you own which you REALLY TRULY ABSOLUTELY love: something that you would not let go off in a million years? Do you have something like that? (a frame/memorabilia/souvenir/anything)

Take that and gift it to someone (better, gift it to your friend who's getting married). It has to be something that you would fight over if someone wanted it from you.

Sharing is caring: true. Here, it needs to go a step beyond that.

i dont want to be jealous and live in their shadow, honest, it really hurts and upsets me. I get angry , i sometimes take it out on Allah SWT may he forgive me.
jealous, shadow, hurt, upset, angry, take it out <-- look at all these words! Man! No wonder! You've got to smarten up your vocabulary a bit. Change all these words into something positive. Change them into things that you DO want, instead of the things that you do NOT!

i ve spoken to my parents, they will do best, but i know what i desire or wish might be hard, i might end up being jealous all the time, coz they have better things than me; money,house, travel abroad etc..
Ask yourself this question:

"What would other people GIVE/sacrifice to attain what I already have?"

Really think about that.

Jealousy? Phoo! You can't be thankful enough for each time you take a deep breath! Each time you come to this forum and read! Counting all the things that you HAVE, you won't any time left for things you don't. <-- I'm not suggesting becoming lazy and doing nothing :) Don't get me wrong! Just focus on the good things you have going in your life and increase on them.

Obviously having money and house and being able to travel abroad would make life a lot easier. But will they REALLY make you HAPPY and SATISFIED and CONTENT and PLEASED?

I'd suggest growing your mind and heart. Learn. Contribute. You'll be rich no matter what you have, insha'Allah.

i really wish he gives each and every one of my friends good kismat/fortune honest,Ameen. i want to be happy but feel insecure and jealous. I ask Allah SWT to give me courage and when its my turn he will give me a perfect spouse inshallah.
In tune with what arabianprincess said: Forget perfection! Aim for excellence! Always!

May he bless us all and give us good partners, inshalalh, i just hate thinking what i might get , if i marry in pakistan, Allah hu alim....
Indded, Allaahu a'lam. Just keep that closer to your heart that indeed Allaah knows the best.

And also, just chill! Play some pattycake with one of your family members. Do something silly. Change your state whenever you feel down. Take some deep breaths.

You've got only one life to live. Make it awesome!

AnonymousPoster
08-05-2008, 07:07 PM
salaam,

jazakallah for your post people, am kindof of getting better, i get the feeling am just going to accept the spouse am going to get, i dont know, i wish Allah SWT changes my kismat/fate, and dua does that inshallah.
My friends wedding will be soon, and inside it might hurt, but inshallah i will be happy for her.
Allah hu alim, May he help me be strong, i want to be happy for others and myself, i just dont want to be left out, whem my friends marry here, and i marry back home, it will always be in my face/mind... little things get to me, we all kindof have the same desires, were women and its not like am asking for a prince. Allah hu alim,sometimes i get so angry that i dont wana marry, sick of hearing whats happening to marriages these days and sometimes sick of hearing about marriages.

Jazakallah anyways

Eeman
08-06-2008, 02:24 AM
salam sis,

i dont seem to understand your issue, are you jealous cos your friends getting married here and you back home? or is it coes your friends spouse is from here and yours from back home? sorry but can you help clarify this for me please Insha'Allah.

ma salama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!