/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Book of Gems

Re.TiReD
08-01-2008, 03:32 PM
:salamext:

A good friend of mine gifted me with a beautiful empty book which she told me to fill with beautiful thoughts and words of wisdom. These are some of the things in my book, thought you might find them as inspirational as I have....maybe for your very own books Insha'Allah. :D

Shaddaad ibn Aws (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught us to say:

Allaahumma inni as’aluka al-thabaat fi’l-amri, wa as’aluka ‘azeemat al-rushd, wa as’aluka shukra ni’matika wa husna ‘ibaadatika, wa as’aluka lisaanan saadiqan wa qalban saleeman, wa a’oodhu bika min sharri ma ta’lam wa as’aluka min khayri ma ta’lam, wa astaghfiruka mimma ta’lam, innaka anta ‘allaam ul-ghuyoob

(O Allaah, I ask you for steadfastness in this matter, and I ask You for the resolve to adhere to the path of guidance, and I ask You for gratitude for Your blessings and to worship You well, and I ask You for a truthful tongue and a sound heart, and I seek refuge with You from the evil of what You know, and I ask You for the good of what You know, and I ask You for forgiveness for what You know; You are the knower of the Unseen).”

Ahmad (17155), al-Tirmidhi (3407) and al-Nasaa’i (1304)

Life is nothing but an accumulation of many breaths. So every breath is a precious diamond which cannot be purchased with anything in the world. It is a priceless jewel which has no substitute in value. So in movements and talks, and in sorrows and happiness, such a priceless breath should not be spent in vain. To destroy it is to court destruction. An intelligent man cannot lose it.
Imam al-Ghazali

Bilâl b. Sa’d – Allah have mercy on him – said:

Do not think about how small the sin is, but think about who you have just disobeyed.

Ibn Al-Mubârak, Al-Zuhd wa Al-Raqâ`iq Vol.1 p150

Imaam Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“Duas and ta’awwudhaat [prayers seeking refuge with Allaah] are like a weapon, and a weapon is only as good as the person who is using it; it is not merely the matter of how sharp it is. If the weapon is perfect and free of faults, and the arm of the person using it is strong, and there is nothing stopping him, then he can lay waste the enemy. But if any of these three features is lacking, then the effect will be lacking accordingly.”
(al-Daa’ wa’l-Dawaa’, p. 35).

Ibn Hazm al-Andalusi (May Allah have mercy upon him) said, "If you look deeply into worldly matters you will become melancholy and will end up reflecting upon the ephemeral nature of everything here below, and the fact that truth lies only in striving for the hereafter, since every ambition to which you might cling will end in tears; either the goal is snatched from you, or you have to give the attempt up before you reach it. One of these two endings is inevitable except the search for God the Almighty the Powerful. Then the result is always joy, both immediate and eternal. The immediate joy is because you stop worrying about things which usually worry people; this leads to an increase in the respect paid to you by friends and enemies alike. The eternal joy is the joy of paradise in pursuit of virtue”.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Allah (glorified and exalted be He) said:

I am so self-sufficient that I am in no need of having an associate. Thus he who does an action for someone else's sake as well as Mine will have that action renounced by Me to him whom he associated with Me.

It was related by Muslim (also by Ibn Majah).

Advice To His Son: Imam Ibn Al-Jawzi r.h.

"Know, dear son,
that days are but hours,
and hours are but breaths,
and every soul is a container,
hence let not any breath pass without any benefit,
such as on the Day of Judgement you find an empty container and feel regret!
Be aware of every hour and how it passes,
and only spend it in the best possible way;
do not neglect yourself,
but render it accustomed to the noblest and best of actions,
and send to your grave that which will please you when you arrive to it."

Knowledge makes you free from the chains of ignorance, and revives your heart, knowledge takes you out from the darkness of suspicions and superstitions, and gives a new light to your eyes. (Hazrat Abu Ali Saqfi)

“The one who longs for Paradise will rush towards good deeds; the one who dreads Hell will put an end to his vices; the one who has firm conviction in [the imminent arrival of] death will lose all his passions; and the one who really knows the dunya will find disasters easy to bear.”

Ali ibn Abi Talib

Build your Iman. Build it, strengthen it, and reinforce it. And once you have built it, protect it and maintain it. Every security system requires maintenance. If you fail to regularly keep your protection cordon in optimum condition, you will leave it open to attacks by your avowed enemy, the Shaytan. And if he succeeds in snatching away your Iman, don't blame him. Blame yourself.

Babar Ahmad

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

"How remarkable is the case of the believer! There is good for him in everything, but this is not the case for anyone except for the believer! When the believer receives any good, he is thankful to Allah, and gets a reward; and when some misfortune befalls him, he endures it patiently, for which he is (also) rewarded."

Narrated by Suhaib ibn Sinan

Time is of the essence, it is too precious to be wasted or neglected. The wise person is the one who pays attention to his time and does not treat it as a vessel to be filled with cheap commodities and vain talk. Instead, he limits it to worthy efforts and righteous deeds that please Allaah and benefit the Ummah. Every minute of a person’s life carries the potential to raise his own status by pleasing Allaah swt.

(Anonymous)

'Abdullah ibn as-Sunnabiji stated that the Messenger of Allah said:

"When a slave makes ablution and rinses his mouth, his wrong deeds fall from it. As he rinses his nose, his wrong deeds fall from it. When he washes his face, his wrong deeds fall from it until they fall from beneath his eyelashes. When he washes his hands, his wrong deeds fall from them until they fall from beneath his fingernails. When he wipes his head, his wrong deeds fall from it until they fall from his ears. When he washes his feet, his wrong deeds fall from them until they fall from beneath his toenails. Then his walking to the mosque and his prayer give him extra reward."

(Related by Malik, an-Nasa'i, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim.)

“…Allah’sway of building the human soul is to develop it gradually, just like abuilding. You build a building floor by floor, placing one brick overthe other, etc. until the human soul is fully built.

['at-Tarbiyah al-Jihadiyyah wal-Bina''; 3]

He who has knowledge does not become tired in protecting it.

This is because, if Allaah bestows knowledge upon you, then its place is in the heart and there is no need for containers or keys or the like.

It is protected in the heart and soul, and in time itself it is a protector for you, because it protects you from danger, with Allaah’s permission.

So knowledge protects you, whilst with property, you protect it by placing it in locked up containers, and despite all this, you still remain insecure about it.

- Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen: Kitaabul-'Ilm

So, the Religion of Allah is a gradual divine method of developing the human soul just like this. Just like a medicine dropper administers the medicine gradually, they would take two verses or two ahadith, and they would go act upon them just like this…”

['at-Tarbiyah al-Jihadiyyah wal-Bina''; 3]

“If a friend among your friends errs, make seventy excuses for them. If your hearts are unable to do this, then know that the shortcoming is in your own selves…”
(Bayhaqi in his Shu`ab al-Iman 7.522)

Truly in the heart there is a void that cannot be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that cannot be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him.

And in it there is an emptiness that cannot be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness.

Ibn al-Qayyim al Jawziyya

“The more the servant loves his Master, the less he will love other objects and they will decrease in number. The less the servant loves his Master, the more he will love other objects and they will increase in number.” Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.