/* */

PDA

View Full Version : where do u c urself in 10 yrs?

Sahabiyaat
08-02-2008, 10:15 AM
:sl:

i need to do this little exercise for my weekly sisters circle,where do i see myself in 10 yrs....it really made me think, where was i going with my deen....how much am i destined to achieve before my tym is up ....

and it worries me alot to think, i keep saying ill improve tomorrow and be like the Sahabiyaat i read about in books, and i look back at the last 10 yrs and the 10 yrs to come and feel really uneasy, not about whats in the future, SubhanAllah, ill accept more willingly than ever what Allah gives me,...but how much i will be able to achieve to make my station in paradise the highest possible, and sometimes it seems fruitless, my efforts seem like nothing compared to the people i read about, what is it that i can achieve to compare to them?, to make Allah just as pleased with me as he is with them...

But anyway, to the point, where do you see yourself in 10 years? say if you only had 10 years to achieve everything in, only 10 yrs of ur life left, what would be your one dream.

It didnt take a nano second to think of mine.
I want to be really,really knowledgeable and ofcourse act upon my knwledge, i want to be almost like a scholar, i know its ambitious, but knowledge is the key to salvation, and i learn so much on this forum Alhamdulillah. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayan333
08-02-2008, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat

i need to do this little exercise for my weekly sisters circle,where do i see myself in 10 yrs....it really made me think, where was i going with my deen....how much am i destined to achieve before my tym is up ....

and it worries me alot to think, i keep saying ill improve tomorrow and be like the Sahabiyaat i read about in books, and i look back at the last 10 yrs and the 10 yrs to come and feel really uneasy, not about whats in the future, SubhanAllah, ill accept more willingly than ever what Allah gives me,...but how much i will be able to achieve to make my station in paradise the highest possible, and sometimes it seems fruitless, my efforts seem like nothing compared to the people i read about, what is it that i can achieve to compare to them?, to make Allah just as pleased with me as he is with them...

But anyway, to the point, where do you see yourself in 10 years? say if you only had 10 years to achieve everything in, only 10 yrs of ur life left, what would be your one dream.

It didnt take a nano second to think of mine.
I want to be really,really knowledgeable and ofcourse act upon my knwledge, i want to be almost like a scholar, i know its ambitious, but knowledge is the key to salvation, and i learn so much on this forum Alhamdulillah. :)

Alhamdulilah ive never really been the Procrastinating type but in 10 years Insh ALLAH i see myself....

Living in Mecaa,with my degress form Umm Al-Qura Univiersity in Mecca in Da’wa and Usul-ud-Din (Call to Islam and Religion's Fundamentals)..Insh ALLAH

Qu'an Hafiz of course..hopefully ill havethis accomplished by next year Isnh ALLAH..i wana be able to quote every Ayat in the Holy Qu'ran like the girl they call Qu'ran computer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-O4-qjoRzQ...or better yet the women version of Zakir naik..Big Dream...Insh ALLAH

Hard to imagine this...but i guess ill be married to a righteous husband and have righteous and ALLAH fearing children....Insh ALLAH.
teaching something to do with Islam at a school of some sort. for some timeKnowledge is Key!!!......Insh ALLAH

Praying my Salats at Masjid Al-Haram al the time..Dreaming big.. i know.....Insh ALLAH
Setting up this great big organzation that helps those in need....Insh ALLAH

Raising enough money to send atleast 2 people to Hajj each year.Insh ALLAH!!!!.....Insh ALLAH

lol..still posting on this board lol....Insh ALLAH

some sort kind of Scholar with ph.d's in everything possible..once again Dreamig big...Insh ALLAH

ill probably have more so ill post them when i rememberInsh ALLAH ..till then brothers and sister..Asalamu Alaykum...May Peace be upon you..(as said by Zakir Naik lol)

:wasalamex

Faye
08-02-2008, 12:53 PM
In ten years I hope to be:
a, dead and in Jannat ulFirdaws
b, an Aalimah, and teaching in a Madrassa
c, married to a wonderful husband with atleast three wonderful kids.
d, have done Hajj.
e, have sat in Itikaf at least once, (this year insha allah)

Sahabiyaat
08-03-2008, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

Alhamdulilah ive never really been the Procrastinating type but in 10 years Insh ALLAH i see myself....

Living in Mecaa,with my degress form Umm Al-Qura Univiersity in Mecca in Da’wa and Usul-ud-Din (Call to Islam and Religion's Fundamentals)..Insh ALLAH

Qu'an Hafiz of course..hopefully ill havethis accomplished by next year Isnh ALLAH..i wana be able to quote every Ayat in the Holy Qu'ran like the girl they call Qu'ran computer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-O4-qjoRzQ...or better yet the women version of Zakir naik..Big Dream...Insh ALLAH

Hard to imagine this...but i guess ill be married to a righteous husband and have righteous and ALLAH fearing children....Insh ALLAH.
teaching something to do with Islam at a school of some sort. for some timeKnowledge is Key!!!......Insh ALLAH

Praying my Salats at Masjid Al-Haram al the time..Dreaming big.. i know.....Insh ALLAH

Raising enough money to send atleast 2 people to Hajj each year.Insh ALLAH!!!!.....Insh ALLAH

lol..still posting on this board lol....Insh ALLAH

some sort kind of Scholar with ph.d's in everything possible..once again Dreamig big...Insh ALLAH

ill probably have more so ill post them when i rememberInsh ALLAH ..till then brothers and sister..Asalamu Alaykum...May Peace be upon you..(as said by Zakir Naik lol)

wow
i said 10 years
not a hundred :D
but MasahAllah very ambitious!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayan333
08-03-2008, 11:41 AM
wow
i said 10 years
not a hundred :D
but MasahAllah very ambitious!

lol..but i seriously do see myself having done all this in 10 years Insh ALLAH

life is short..you cant percrastinate you know

but thank you

:w:

Muhammad
08-03-2008, 11:49 AM

Masha'Allaah, those goals are very noble and worth the effort of striving for. I guess this statement summed it up:

I want to be really,really knowledgeable and ofcourse act upon my knwledge, i want to be almost like a scholar, i know its ambitious, but knowledge is the key to salvation,
A Muslim should be ambitious and have high aims. There are two articles I remember which are quite motivating about this topic:

Can we strive in worship as the early generations did?

High Aspirations

And furthermore, remember that our intention plays a huge role. If we have the firm intention to become knowledgeable and help the Ummah for example, and we try our best to achieve that goal, then it may be that even if we die before achieving that goal, we may be rewarded for what we intended.

So let us aim high and keep trying, and Insha'Allaah we will one day see the fruits of what we work for.

Sharif
08-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Sahabiyaat, what steps have you taken to reach that goal? Within how many years must you reach that goal?

ayan333
08-03-2008, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

Masha'Allaah, those goals are very noble and worth the effort of striving for. I guess this statement summed it up:

A Muslim should be ambitious and have high aims. There are two articles I remember which are quite motivating about this topic:

Can we strive in worship as the early generations did?

High Aspirations

And furthermore, remember that our intention plays a huge role. If we have the firm intention to become knowledgeable and help the Ummah for example, and we try our best to achieve that goal, then it may be that even if we die before achieving that goal, we may be rewarded for what we intended.

So let us aim high and keep trying, and Insha'Allaah we will one day see the fruits of what we work for.

Mash ALLAH and thanks for the reply

خِتَـٰمُهُ ۥ مِسۡكٌ۬*ۚ وَفِى ذَٲلِكَ فَلۡيَتَنَافَسِ ٱلۡمُتَنَـٰفِسُونَ (٢٦)

The last thereof (that wine) will be the smell of Musk, and for this let (all) those strive who want to strive (i.e. hasten earnestly to the obedience of Allâh). (26)

yes i tend to dream big lol

you know,knowlege is the key..i cant fnd the hadeeth or proof of this at the moment but i was told by a very a knowledgable person that the knowledgable person's Prayer weighs or counts way more then the prayer of a ignorant or non knowlege person,she also said that the sleep of the knowledgable person is better then the Prayers of a person who has very little knowlege of why they are Praying and so on and so forth..again, ALLAH (SWA) knows best..if i misundestood and someone of more knowlege is here and can explain what she ment then please do so...i would greatly appriciate it

shukran

Soulja Girl
08-03-2008, 02:24 PM

Hmm... Lets see...

Living either in Makkah or Madinah, mawwied to a good, pious husband wiv gawjus kids... Teaching Bukhari/Muslim, completing my Hifz (hopefully next year inshallah), looking after my parents/grand parents and you know the usual stuff?

Re.TiReD
08-03-2008, 04:44 PM
:salamext:

Re: where do u c urself in 10 yrs?
I see myself happy and content bi'ithnillahu Ta'aala.

Aside from that I see many things happening and I hope for many things to happen also but I think they are best left between my Lord and I. For we make plans and Allah (swt) also makes plans, and He is the best of planners.

May Allah (swt) bless you all in abundance and grant you every halal thing your heart desires. Ameen

Sahabiyaat
08-03-2008, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя

Aside from that I see many things happening and I hope for many things to happen also but I think they are best left between my Lord and I. For we make plans and Allah (swt) also makes plans, and He is the best of planners.

May Allah (swt) bless you all in abundance and grant you every halal thing your heart desires. Ameen

i liked your post delacour, reps to you! :)

indeed contentment is what we all need, to be content with what we have.

Sahabiyaat, what steps have you taken to reach that goal? Within how many years must you reach that goal?
i dont know.......*chews lip and looks nervous*
how many yrs...max 10..min...4/5 :X
what steps?....well i learn something new everyday?...im not sure how to go about it in a constructive and systematic way??? any suggestions?

Muezzin
08-03-2008, 05:21 PM
In 10 years I will be alive or I will be dead.

My crystal ball is a bit fuzzy.

Re.TiReD
08-03-2008, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

Lol masha'Allah I hope I'll be one or the other aswell

Sharif
08-03-2008, 09:46 PM
i dont know.......
how many yrs...max 10..min...4/5 :X
what steps?....well i learn something new everyday?...im not sure how to go about it in a constructive and systematic way??? any suggestions?
Hmm...

What could take someone 10 years to achieve by following the wind (and by being on the passenger's seat), in almost all cases, he or she can achieve that same exact goal in half the time, in 1/3 of the time, 1/4, 1/5, or even 1/6--depending on how serious he or she is, how motivated he or she is, how much of an action-taker he or she is, and how much support he or she has. <- Is that confusing? Hope not.

Well, now that you know that, what do you think of setting up some ways you can get to that goal by being on the driver's seat? [By "seat," I'm talking about life. Having a direction and going at at; or wandering around just wishing and hoping.]

Obviously, you'd have to see what other major goals you have in life and see if they're all in tune. If they collide with other, you'll be powerless!

Suggestion: take some time to think about it. Put them on paper. Stare at your goals. Are these goals TRULY what you want to achieve? When you'll be 80 years old, can you look back and say: alhamdulillaah, I have no regrets, no complain; I was brave enough to pursue my highest dreams. Can you meet Allaah on that day with those goals?

Remember: having true tawakkul necessitates massive action. :) Let us know how it goes.

Let this transfer of information be a transformation for you. May Allaah grant you immense reward and success.

Sahabiyaat
08-04-2008, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sharif
Hmm...

What could take someone 10 years to achieve by following the wind (and by being on the passenger's seat), in almost all cases, he or she can achieve that same exact goal in half the time, in 1/3 of the time, 1/4, 1/5, or even 1/6--depending on how serious he or she is, how motivated he or she is, how much of an action-taker he or she is, and how much support he or she has. .
yes it depends on all these factors, ultimately it depends on Qadr, but i am reminded of the incident where a man did not tie his camel before going off, and when asked by the prophet sed, i trust in Allah, so the prophet sed first tie your camel and then also put your trust in Allah. :)

Obviously, you'd have to see what other major goals you have in life and see if they're all in tune. If they collide with other, you'll be powerless!.
i have no other major goals
i may never get married
i may be barren for all i know (god forbid ofcourse!!), so i dont know why some of the sisters takes these to be their goals, but that is their personal choices :)

Are these goals TRULY what you want to achieve? .
without a doubt

Let this transfer of information be a transformation for you. May Allaah grant you immense reward and success.
Ameen! :)

Sharif
08-04-2008, 06:27 PM
i have no other major goals
i may never get married
i may be barren for all i know (god forbid ofcourse!!), so i dont know why some of the sisters takes these to be their goals, but that is their personal choices :)
Why don't you have any other major goals? Why not?

For all you know, you may get married next month! You may have 10 children and 100 grand children! :)

Ok? That's just to show the other side of possibility. Let's not dwell on that.

Rabbanaa aatinaa fiddunyaa Hasanah wa fil-aakhirati Hasanah <-- Why do you think we ask for goodness in the hereafter AND in this world?

If you don't have any specific plan or goal for other aspects of your life, then guess what? Other people have planned for you. Isn't that good news? No.

Because what do other people have in their plan for you?

Nothing!

YOU have to plan and set goals for your life. Or you'll be living life based on others' standard and whims.

1. Our 'ibaadah, our worship, our connection with Allaah, our servitude <-- no doubt, that's the biggest slice of our life. Yet, how does that give us a reason to ignore other slices of our life?

What other slices?

2. Marriage (if already married, then relationship with husband/wife; if still single, the preparation for marriage)

3. Family (parents, siblings, close relatives, [children, if any])

4. Health (physical well-being, vitality, energy)

5. Emotion (mood, state, feelings, reactions, attitude etc.)

6. Social Life & Organizations (friends, da'wah work, organizations and associations, community work etc.)

7. Finance & Money (managing money, ensuring halal flow of income and expense)

8. Job / Study (career, school, other studies)

So, Sahabiyaat, your goal takes care of the first slice of your life fully, alhamdulillaah; and maybe a little bit from the 8th slice.

What happens to the rest of the slices?

If you allow me to ask, which three slices of your life are the MOST IMPORTANT for you right now at this very moment in your life? Which three slices would you like to make MASSIVE improvements?

Then, when you have the 3 slices, for each slice, what OUTSTANDING goals can you set for each? Be slightly unrealistic, so that even thinking about achieving those goals will motivate you and excite you.

Well, that's my 2 cents. If you're an action-taker, I'd love to see you succeed and go to the next level in your life, insha'Allah.

ayan333
08-04-2008, 06:37 PM

For all you know, you may get married next month! You may have 10 children and 100 grand children! :)

Ok? That's just to show the other side of possibility. Let's not dwell on that.

Rabbanaa aatinaa fiddunyaa Hasanah wa fil-aakhirati Hasanah <-- Why do you think we ask for goodness in the hereafter AND in this world?

If you don't have any specific plan or goal for other aspects of your life, then guess what? Other people have planned for you. Isn't that good news? No.

Because what do other people have in their plan for you?

Nothing!

YOU have to plan and set goals for your life. Or you'll be living life based on others' standard and whims.

1. Our 'ibaadah, our worship, our connection with Allaah, our servitude <-- no doubt, that's the biggest slice of our life. Yet, how does that give us a reason to ignore other slices of our life?

What other slices?

2. Marriage (if already married, then relationship with husband/wife; if still single, the preparation for marriage)

3. Family (parents, siblings, close relatives, [children, if any])

4. Health (physical well-being, vitality, energy)

5. Emotion (mood, state, feelings, reactions, attitude etc.)

6. Social Life & Organizations (friends, da'wah work, organizations and associations, community work etc.)

7. Finance & Money (managing money, ensuring halal flow of income and expense)

8. Job / Study (career, school, other studies)

So, Sahabiyaat, your goal takes care of the first slice of your life fully, alhamdulillaah; and maybe a little bit from the 8th slice.

What happens to the rest of the slices?

If you allow me to ask, which three slices of your life are the MOST IMPORTANT for you right now at this very moment in your life? Which three slices would you like to make MASSIVE improvements?

Then, when you have the 3 slices, for each slice, what OUTSTANDING goals can you set for each? Be slightly unrealistic, so that even thinking about achieving those goals will motivate you and excite you.

Well, that's my 2 cents. If you're an action-taker, I'd love to see you succeed and go to the next level in your life, insha'Allah.

Wow...what a great way to break it down...ture though

Sharif
08-04-2008, 07:05 PM
in 10 years Insh ALLAH i see myself....
Ayan333, May I just sincerely acknowledge you for the BIG dreams you have? I am so happy that you are aiming to be the best you can be in this world and to get to the highest level in the hereafter. May Allaah make each and every single one of your dreams and goals come true; and surprise you with even more, insha'Allaah!

Living in Mecaa,with my degress form Umm Al-Qura Univiersity in Mecca in Da’wa and Usul-ud-Din (Call to Islam and Religion's Fundamentals)

So, how far have you memorized so far?

Hmm... I like your thinking. Let me ask you this: what goal is Zakir Naik achieving by doing what he's doing?

Then, answer this: "How can I achieve a similar or even better goal with what 'I' have?"

Molding yourself by following a role-model is absolutely fantastic. At the same time, keep in mind, that it's "you" - a different individual - who may do even BETTER, inshaa'Allaah.

Yes, it's hard to imagine, but imagine anyway. The more vividly you can imagine having a righteous husband and righteous children, Allaah will make it easier for you, insha'Allaah. As you prepare yourself to be at such a level, insha'Allaah, Allaah will make it easy for you to find someone at that level.

We need many many more female teachers like 'Aa'ishah radiyalaahu 'anhaa. Congrats for taking that on. Awesome!

Cool and cool! :)

Why only 2? Why not more?

How can you make even a bigger impact with that amount of money (with which you can send 2 people to Hajj)? Always see how you can get the maximum result with the minimum that you (will) have, inshaa'Allaah.

Awesome. Ph.D. in what? You cannot possibly get a PhD on everything (unless you live for a few thousand years:).

By earning that Ph.D., what do you want to accomplish?

Can you accomplish those goals even WITHOUT getting that Ph.D.?

Don't make "getting the Ph.D." your goal. What you want to achieve by getting the Ph.D. <-- make that your goal. So, you won't get caught up in an unnecessary trap, inshaa'Allaah.

So, along with making MASSIVE du'aa', what other MAJOR steps have you taken so far to bring your dreams into reality?

Sharif
08-04-2008, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady
Living either in Makkah or Madinah, mawwied to a good, pious husband wiv gawjus kids... Teaching Bukhari/Muslim, completing my Hifz (hopefully next year inshallah), looking after my parents/grand parents and you know the usual stuff?
maa shaa Allaah! You're pretty close to finishing your hifdh? Where are you now to finishing?

So, do you want to live in Makkah or Madinah? Which one exactly?

Do you want to teach Bukhari or Muslim? Which one exactly? Or both?

Why am I asking to be exact?

When you know EXACTLY what you want, you always get there faster---wayyyy faster, insha'Allaah.

What steps have you taken to get to those goals?

Brw, what "usual stuff?" :) Tell us.

Sharif
08-04-2008, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faye
In ten years I hope to be:
a, dead and in Jannat ulFirdaws
Awesome!

b, an Aalimah, and teaching in a Madrassa
Fantastic, ma sha Allah! What level are you at currently in your study? In how many years do you see yourself teaching in a Madrasah?

c, married to a wonderful husband with atleast three wonderful kids.
Have you prepared yourself to the best of your ability?

d, have done Hajj.
e, have sat in Itikaf at least once, (this year insha allah)
That's awesome. Did you make plans for this year's i'tikaaf?

Sharif
08-04-2008, 07:25 PM
May Allaah always keep you happy and content!

It's very true. "Showing off" can sneak in at any moment. The best way we've found dealing with "showing off" is this:

Show off! Yes. Show off ALL you can. Show off with ALL you have. Show off with every single ounce of your body.

But show off only to Allaah!

Given that, it really helps to get to one's goals if one gain clarity on them, even if it's done by himself or herself. It's better to have a support group--like-minded people who are striving towards similar goals, so they can help each other and motivate each other, and pull each other up if someone slips and falls.

Khayr then. May Allaah help you achieve what you want for His sake.

Aameen!

Sharif
08-04-2008, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

Muezzin, in 10 years, EVERYONE will be either stay alive and be dead. True.

Why is your "crystal ball" fuzzy? "A bit fuzzy?" Hmm... :)

How can you clear it up? Get more clarity? Fill us in bro.

Sharif
08-04-2008, 07:35 PM
lol..but i seriously do see myself having done all this in 10 years Insh ALLAH

life is short..you cant percrastinate you know
Why T-E-N years? Why so long? :D

I totally agree with you. We all have only ONE life to live. So, that means:

only ONE chance to make it a masterpiece! Just One! That's it.

So, yeah, why T-E-N years? That's too long! (for you at least :))

Re.TiReD
08-04-2008, 08:12 PM

JazakAllah khayr brother Sharif for your insightful comments.

Pk_#2
08-04-2008, 08:43 PM
:skeleton: Dead. Oh and hopefully by 10 years I would've successfully accomplished my ambition of eating a fish alive.. THAT ^ one to be precise. :thumbs_up :BeRightBack:

ayan333
08-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Ayan333, May I just sincerely acknowledge you for the BIG dreams you have? I am so happy that you are aiming to be the best you can be in this world and to get to the highest level in the hereafter. May Allaah make each and every single one of your dreams and goals come true; and surprise you with even more, insha'Allaah!

i must say you aska lot of questions,but its beneficial to me because i get to think about it more..any who..Ameen Ameen Ameen!!!!
Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Aalehi wa Sallam) is reported to have said: "The dua of a Muslim for his brother in his absence (i.e. the person is not present and is not aware that you are making dua for him) is answered. An angel is appointed to be at his side. Every time that he prays for some good for his brother, the angel says: "Aameen. And may the same be granted to you." (Muslim)

So, how far have you memorized so far?

..kind of disappointing...but im bout to start the 5 juz...but thats because ive had to start over couple times..but Insh ALLAH if i truly plant the seads, ill be finished in 2 years or less,Insh ALLAH

Hmm... I like your thinking. Let me ask you this: what goal is Zakir Naik achieving by doing what he's doing?

the list goes on and on...the most important of course is that he is pleasing ALLAH (SAW)..major Dawah of course...answering all his question with proof from Qu'ran and Hadeeth,and he answers them with so much confidence cuz he knows where got the answers from..Alhamdulilah..jus watching him makes my Iman sky rocket and encourages me to do so many good things.

Then, answer this: "How can I achieve a similar or even better goal with what 'I' have?"

watching him encourages me to give dawah...or even give the slightest advice..you never watch his lectures or Q&a without getting something from it.Alhamdulilah

Molding yourself by following a role-model is absolutely fantastic. At the same time, keep in mind, that it's "you" - a different individual - who may do even BETTER, inshaa'Allaah.

thanks for the compliment..yes i understand what your saying

Yes, it's hard to imagine, but imagine anyway. The more vividly you can imagine having a righteous husband and righteous children, Allaah will make it easier for you, insha'Allaah. As you prepare yourself to be at such a level, insha'Allaah, Allaah will make it easy for you to find someone at that level.

Ameen and Insh ALLAH

We need many many more female teachers like 'Aa'ishah radiyalaahu 'anhaa. Congrats for taking that on. Awesome!

for sure!!! along with Kadijah (r.a)..Asyia (r.a)..Fatima (r.a)..i know im missing someone....

Cool and cool! :)

cool

Why only 2? Why not more?

thats jus to start off

How can you make even a bigger impact with that amount of money (with which you can send 2 people to Hajj)? Always see how you can get the maximum result with the minimum that you (will) have, inshaa'Allaah.

like feeding the poor..i know what you mean...but the experience of Hajj is so Amazing..

Awesome. Ph.D. in what? You cannot possibly get a PhD on everything (unless you live for a few thousand years:).

not sure yet..Insh ALLAH ill look into it

By earning that Ph.D., what do you want to accomplish?

knowledge!!! more knowlege=more Dawah=more lectures=more students=more plp learning which will enable them to start this process all over again..like they say its a "legacy"..SubhanALLAH, Alhamdulilah, ALLAHu Akbar

Can you accomplish those goals even WITHOUT getting that Ph.D.?

umm probably

Don't make "getting the Ph.D." your goal. What you want to achieve by getting the Ph.D. <-- make that your goal. So, you won't get caught up in an unnecessary trap, inshaa'Allaah.

unnecessary trap? what you mean?..

So, along with making MASSIVE du'aa', what other MAJOR steps have you taken so far to bring your dreams into reality?
defenitly massive Du'a

im still in high school so there isnt much i can do..ive told my parents..try to excel in school....

Re.TiReD
08-04-2008, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Da'watul-Allaah
:skeleton: Dead. Oh and hopefully by 10 years I would've successfully accomplished my ambition of eating a fish alive.. THAT ^ one to be precise. :thumbs_up :BeRightBack:

I'm not a fish anymore :p I'm a Jolie Fleur :p But you should have a goal that is more possible sis :skeleton:

Sharif
08-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Why "hopefully?"

Why "10 years?"

Why can't you do it today? Now?

Get that 10-year-goal taken care of in 10 minutes.

Then set some other amazing adventurous goals for the next 10 years? Honestly, 10-year is like LOOOONG-term, I would suggest setting goals for the next 90 days, 6 months, or 1 years (based on those long-term goals of course).

So, Da'watul-Allah, when can you make your ambition true? :) Eat a live fish.

Then, what are your other goals that you want to achieve to be a totally outstanding Muslim?

Pk_#2
08-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Why "hopefully?"

Why "10 years?"

Why can't you do it today? Now?

Get that 10-year-goal taken care of in 10 minutes.

Then set some other amazing adventurous goals for the next 10 years? Honestly, 10-year is like LOOOONG-term, I would suggest setting goals for the next 90 days, 6 months, or 1 years (based on those long-term goals of course).

So, Da'watul-Allah, when can you make your ambition true? :) Eat a live fish.

Then, what are your other goals that you want to achieve to be a totally outstanding Muslim?
1) That was the only adjective? I could think of.

2) 10 years...Urrm wazen that the title? Tsk misleading titles kill me!

3) I can't do it now, I'm persuading my little brother to quit admiring his butt, so am busy innay,

4) Serious, I won't live that long :skeleton: Just trust me on this one,

5) I will be eating a live fish when I find out where Jolie-Fluer lives, she is NOT being very co-operative at the moment, fishes are halal yah?

6) Outstanding Muslim? :BeRightBack:

JazakAllah khair / Spank you for your questions.

Pk_#2
08-04-2008, 09:09 PM

I'm not a fish anymore :p I'm a Jolie Fleur :p But you should have a goal that is more possible sis :skeleton:

Wa'Alaykumsalaam Warahmatullahi WAbarakatuh,

Apologies for missing your post,

I've buried my goals, can't think of any possible ones at the moment. :BeRightBack:

Sharif
08-04-2008, 09:17 PM
im still in high school so there isnt much i can do..ive told my parents..try to excel in school....
So what you're still in high school? Who says there isn't much you can do? subHaan Allaah! You have NO idea what you can do!

We have a sister coach who is 17 only, in high school. And she coaches sisters who are not only double but triple her age.

Don't look at how old you are or what grade you're in. Do you know when Ibn Taymiyyah started to blossom? Do you know how old the general was whom the Prophet (sall Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) appointed to lead a whole army?

==

The Ph.D. trap:

May people go and continue their Masters and Ph.D. Why? Because it's trendy. Because everyone else is doing it. Because they can put three letters at the end of their name and compensate for the lack of manhood/womanhood.

The spend 5 years or 7 years of their life getting that done. Then they wonder: "Uh-Oh! What have i done with my life?" What they wanted to achieve with that degree, there's a good chance of that if they were 100% CLEAR about it from the beginning.

Only VERY FEW people who pursue higher education KNOW EXACTLY WHY they do so. Be one of them! Know exactly WHY you pick a subject to study. Why you pick an elective. Why you an assignment.

If you decide to do so, do it with ihsaan, with excellence!

It's so amazing that you're thinking about these now while you're in high school. Many people who are in their thirties and forties, still haven't figured them out.

So, what's your immediate next step?

ayan333
08-04-2008, 09:36 PM
So what you're still in high school? Who says there isn't much you can do? subHaan Allaah! You have NO idea what you can do!

We have a sister coach who is 17 only, in high school. And she coaches sisters who are not only double but triple her age.

Don't look at how old you are or what grade you're in. Do you know when Ibn Taymiyyah started to blossom? Do you know how old the general was whom the Prophet (sall Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) appointed to lead a whole army?

==

The Ph.D. trap:

May people go and continue their Masters and Ph.D. Why? Because it's trendy. Because everyone else is doing it. Because they can put three letters at the end of their name and compensate for the lack of manhood/womanhood.

The spend 5 years or 7 years of their life getting that done. Then they wonder: "Uh-Oh! What have i done with my life?" What they wanted to achieve with that degree, there's a good chance of that if they were 100% CLEAR about it from the beginning.

Only VERY FEW people who pursue higher education KNOW EXACTLY WHY they do so. Be one of them! Know exactly WHY you pick a subject to study. Why you pick an elective. Why you an assignment.

If you decide to do so, do it with ihsaan, with excellence!

It's so amazing that you're thinking about these now while you're in high school. Many people who are in their thirties and forties, still haven't figured them out.

So, what's your immediate next step?

thanks for the inspirational memo..i ment that,that wasnt sarcasim

but Mash ALLAH thats good...what does she do exactly so i can take some notes...what exactly do u mean by she's a coach?

Yes i know what you mean with th Ph.d thing...i know its something dealing with Islam so even if i dont use it to the fulliest,i would get something from it Insh ALLAH...but yes i defenitly agree,if its not benefiting theni wnt waist my time

thanks for the many compliments
if you dnt mind me asking are you a teacher or a coach or do you always give advice like this?

Sharif
08-04-2008, 09:48 PM
4) Serious, I won't live that long Just trust me on this one,
Ok. I trust you on that.

So, what on earth are you doing getting someone to quit admiring their butt? :)

Do you have a looming deadline for when the angel of death is coming?

Then, why can't you eating that live fish now? Go get that out of the way, so you can do better things.

Dang, man! If I were there in front of you, I would grab you by your shirt and shake you up so bad that you would feel dizzy. :D

Why not worry about another person's butt instead of your brother's? (someone like: yours :))

I've buried my goals, can't think of any possible ones at the moment.
You've buried your goals? Where?

Imagine this: on the day of judgment, if Allaah asks you for ONE thing that you did for His sake only, and Allaah--because of His Rahmah, insha'Allaah--will grant you jannat al-firdaus.

What answer do you want to give Allaah on that day? What do you want to have in your bag of goodies?

Decide on that.

Set that as your #1 goal and take an action. NOW!

What would that be?

Sharif
08-04-2008, 09:57 PM
what does she do exactly so i can take some notes...what exactly do u mean by she's a coach?
She's a high school student, a haafidhah, and a Muslim life coach.

if you dnt mind me asking are you a teacher or a coach or do you always give advice like this?
As a coach, I don't always give advice like this to anyone. I've discovered this forum just yesterday; so far, I like it. I'm seeing how active it is and if I should make it a regular part of my schedule or not. I was excited to see a few people having some awesome goals. And of course, if someone is facing an obstacle, I'm kinda addicted to helping them.

On one condition though: I usually give people one or two chances. If they blow it, meaning they don't take actions, I don't waste my time behind them anymore.

If you want to get in touch with any of the sister coaches, you can pm me and I'll be happy to direct you.

ayan333
08-04-2008, 10:20 PM
She's a high school student, a haafidhah, and a Muslim life coach.

As a coach, I don't always give advice like this to anyone. I've discovered this forum just yesterday; so far, I like it. I'm seeing how active it is and if I should make it a regular part of my schedule or not. I was excited to see a few people having some awesome goals. And of course, if someone is facing an obstacle, I'm kinda addicted to helping them.

On one condition though: I usually give people one or two chances. If they blow it, meaning they don't take actions, I don't waste my time behind them anymore.

If you want to get in touch with any of the sister coaches, you can pm me and I'll be happy to direct you.
o Mash ALLAH,thats amazing at 17

ok thanks for all the advice and inspirational talk

Insh ALLAH il take you advice and hopefully ALLAH (SWA) will make me successful in this world and the hereafter Insh ALLAh..Ameen

Ansariyah
08-04-2008, 10:22 PM
I have no clue really. Watever Allah wills I guess?. I dont really worry too much about that.

ayan333
08-04-2008, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
I have no clue really. Watever Allah wills I guess?. I dont really worry too much about that.
i was juslike that..untill couple of months ago..actually i believe it was last month...

Sharif
08-04-2008, 10:35 PM
You're 100% right. It's whatever Allaah wills.

It's awesome that you don't worry too much about that. No one should really.

Instead, everyone must plan to be his or her best in here and in the hereafter.

Yanoorah, how can you get some clue, so that you CAN become the very best you could possibly be, insha'Allah?

Since you're going to shoot the arrow anyway and live this life, you might well shoot at a target and make your life a masterpiece. What do you think?

Ansariyah
08-04-2008, 10:53 PM
You're 100% right. It's whatever Allaah wills.

It's awesome that you don't worry too much about that. No one should really.

Instead, everyone must plan to be his or her best in here and in the hereafter.

Yanoorah, how can you get some clue, so that you CAN become the very best you could possibly be, insha'Allah?

Since you're going to shoot the arrow anyway and live this life, you might well shoot at a target and make your life a masterpiece. What do you think?
Makes sense, u're right. But I still dont have a clue :?. 10 years is a long time from today?

I want to be happy, that much I know.

Ansariyah
08-04-2008, 10:55 PM
i was juslike that..untill couple of months ago..actually i believe it was last month...

ow I see:sunny:..am guessing u posted it already then?..I havent read all the replies.

jannat
08-04-2008, 11:05 PM

first of all, ALLAH HU ALIM, only he knows, i hope All my dreams come true inshallah, but i hope i will be happily married, well educated, with children, a top husband and very content inshallah. Ameen.

Allah SWT knows what will happen and will do best, i pray what ever is decreed, will keep me happy, i lie in wait to know what the future holds, inshallah good i hope. Ameen.:D

RAB RAKAH

Sharif
08-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Makes sense, u're right. But I still dont have a clue :?. 10 years is a long time from today?

I want to be happy, that much I know.
What makes you happy?

Let's imagine you went inside a time machine. The machine took you 3 months into the future, into November 4th, 2008. And you see that you've done 3 totally amazing things that you are so happy about. You thought they were challenging but you did them, alHamdulillaah. The last 3 months were the best 3 months of your life!

You get back on the time machine; it brings you into the present. You get out of the machine and then you sit in front of your computer, and then you type in those 3 things.

So, what are those TOP 3 things that you would like to achieve in the next 90 days that will have made you EXTREMELY happy in November 4th, 2008, insha'Allah?

How can you make the next 3 months the very best months of your life?

Heck, how can you make THIS month the VERY BEST month of your ENTIRE life?

Don't say: "I don't know." You DO know. Dig in and find out.

Sharif
08-04-2008, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jannat
first of all, ALLAH HU ALIM, only he knows, i hope All my dreams come true inshallah,
jannat, I hope so too. May Allaah make your dreams come true and give you more than you dreamed about!

but i hope i will be happily married, well educated, with children, a top husband and very content inshallah. Ameen.
If I may ask you a few questions:

On a scale of 1 to 10, (1 being you have no clue about marriage--still a baby; :) 10 being you are ready to get married tomorrow), where are you currently?

When will you know you are "well educated?" How far along are you from reaching there?

MuslimahBlue
08-04-2008, 11:25 PM
I can honestly not picture myself 10 years from now.

Sharif
08-04-2008, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBlue
I can honestly not picture myself 10 years from now.
Okay.

How about one year?
How about one month?
How about one week?
How about one day?
How about one hour?
How about one minute?
How about one second?

MuslimahBlue
08-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Okay.

How about one year?
How about one month?
How about one week?
How about one day?
How about one hour?
How about one minute?
How about one second?

Ya I can picture myself in one year I would be graduated highschool InshaAllah, Continuing education to become a teacher, Continuing with memorizing Quran.
10 years just seems like alot of time even though it really isn't.

Sharif
08-05-2008, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBlue
Ya I can picture myself in one year I would be graduated highschool InshaAllah, Continuing education to become a teacher, Continuing with memorizing Quran.
10 years just seems like alot of time even though it really isn't.
Awesome.

If you're okay with me asking a few more questions:

Whatever your current grade is in high school, can you add 10% to it when you graduate? (so, if your current GPA/average/score is 85%, when you graduate, it will be 95%)

Have you decided on which subject you want to continue your education and then teach later?

How soon do you plan to finish your Qur'aan memorization?

Sahabiyaat
08-05-2008, 11:30 AM

For all you know, you may get married next month! You may have 10 children and 100 grand children! :).
*feels faint and has to sit down* lol

No man is an island :), our lives regulate around others, and theres alot to stop you achieveing what you want, man is very weak as Allah gives the example in the Quran, even if a fly took something away from us we couldnt get it back,It made me smile when Allah says both the pursuer and the pursued are so weak :)

um...
1) my education...which will InshaAllah allow me to meet many of my desired goals, May Allah help me to achieve them (Ameen!)
2) my family life, they are important to me, my duties towards them are a great part of my Ibaadah to Allah
3)my deen ofcourse. thats no.1

you ask too many questions akhee :) lol.

Sharif
08-05-2008, 12:12 PM
No man is an island :), our lives regulate around others, and theres alot to stop you achieveing what you want, man is very weak as Allah gives the example in the Quran, even if a fly took something away from us we couldnt get it back,It made me smile when Allah says both the pursuer and the pursued are so weak :)
That's an awesome reflection, ma sha Allah.

Imagine yourself at your nearest International Airport. You have your two bags with you. Your passport is ready. You've got everything you need. You go to check in.

The lady says: "Tickets please."

You: "Excuse me, what?"

The lady: "You TICKET."

You: "But I don't have any ticket."

The lady: "Where are you flying to?"

You: "Hmm... Actually, I'm not sure."

The lady says with a surprising tone: "You don't know where you're flying to? Where you're going?"

You say: "Well, I'll just go where everyone else is going I guess."

The lady looks puzzled. She says: "But everyone is going into a different destination. And then a lot of them are connecting flights. So..."

You say: "Do I HAVE TO HAVE a destination or I can't get on plane?"

What do you think the lady would answer?

==

Outstanding Muslims would say: My final destination is jannat al-firdaus.

Awesome!

What's your connecting points? Connecting flights?

Hmm... (speechless?)

==

It's true our life revolves around other people. They're our fellow passengers in this journey. Even though we're all traveling together, each one of us still needs to decide his or her own connecting flights in this world. That's assuming that you're at the right airport to begin with.

Then, if you know EXACTLY which connecting destinations you want, you look up the flight schedule and get on the very next one. You don't have to keep missing flights and be stranded at the airport!

Did that make any sense, Sahabiyaat?

==

you ask too many questions akhee :) lol.
Asking powerful questions is a very powerful technique. You'll see it many many many many many times in the Qur'aan.

Because in great questions lie great answers. Those who are not brave enough to ponder and take the time, never find the answers.

Sahabiyaat
08-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Did that make any sense, Sahabiyaat?.

yes JazakAllah Khair, it was very informative and helpful :thumbs_up

Sharif
08-06-2008, 10:02 PM
yes JazakAllah Khair, it was very informative and helpful :thumbs_up
Ok. you may not like this, but here goes (with the risk of being hated :) )

Knowing what you now know, what awesome steps will you take, now?

Sahabiyaat
08-07-2008, 03:50 PM
..............im trying to suppress my laughter at the the enthusiastically oft-repeated word 'AWESOMEEEE' :D hehe.

what awesome steps...................:blind:, read more, attend/listen to more lectures, i dont know how else??? :?

Sahabiyaat
08-09-2008, 03:19 PM
akhee sharif, you may want to post your website here ?, it may be useful to other members InshaAllah, :)

chacha_jalebi
08-09-2008, 06:11 PM
in 10 years time, inshallah i would wana be a imam of haramain or even masjid an nabawi :D inshallah!!

if not then jus pursue a career in child psychology or teachin and be a imam at my local mosque lol

MuslimahBlue
08-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Awesome.

If you're okay with me asking a few more questions:

Whatever your current grade is in high school, can you add 10% to it when you graduate? (so, if your current GPA/average/score is 85%, when you graduate, it will be 95%)

Have you decided on which subject you want to continue your education and then teach later?

How soon do you plan to finish your Qur'aan memorization?
Ya I am fine with the Q's!

1. Throughout highschool it has ranged from 84-86% but I dont know how to get it any higher? I kinda feel like thats my limit like no matter how hard I try thats the best I can get.(Eventhough theres many things I can improve).

2. Chem/Bio or Humanities not sure yet :

3. Probably going to take around 1.5 more years.

Sahabiyaat
08-15-2008, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
in 10 years time, inshallah i would wana be a imam of haramain or even masjid an nabawi :D inshallah!!

if not then jus pursue a career in child psychology or teachin and be a imam at my local mosque lol
how can you be a child psychologist/teach and be an imam? isnt being an imam a full tym job?

chacha_jalebi
08-15-2008, 02:22 PM
how can you be a child psychologist/teach and be an imam? isnt being an imam a full tym job?
well how can superman fly? when theirs a way their is a will or summin like that :D

like i have it planned out actually :statisfie the dhuhr/ asr prayers are silent prayers innaay, so like they can have anyone lead them, and they are usually durin 12-6 which is work time :D

maghrib/isha/fajr the loud prayers, are usually late, so i can lead them :D after work lol

and you can always do jummah @ work, with the muslims innaaay

so inshallah pray my plans work out lol

Sahabiyaat
08-15-2008, 02:27 PM
okkkkk, InshaAllah!

I want to be teacher and author Inshallah!!, you can balance those 2 out, however, if i become the mother 10 million children, we may have a problem.

chacha_jalebi
08-15-2008, 02:34 PM
okkkkk, InshaAllah!

I want to be teacher and author Inshallah!!, you can balance those 2 out, however, if i become the mother 10 million children, we may have a problem.
why you copyin me:p naa teachin is easy just need to get on with kids

havin 10 million kids, erm send them to the madrassah and start authorin, when they back then take care of them lol, so that is easy or force your husband to be house husband :D see always a way

Sahabiyaat
08-15-2008, 02:40 PM
which madrassah will take 10 million :mmokay:
ill just have to kik um out and tell um to hack it on their own. :D ur right! theres always a way!

these summer holidays have made me a bit lazy and i realised i love being at home! so im not so career orientated anymore :D maybe ill just end up a couch patato :D Well see, whatever Allah deems best!

chacha_jalebi
08-15-2008, 02:43 PM
erm ok i didnt ask for a life story :p lol :embarrass

it would be so interestin to see if we actually all did achieve what we wanted in 10 years time, like when you meet up with primary school friends and its proper wicked knowin they achieved their goals and that

Sahabiyaat
08-15-2008, 02:47 PM
erm ok i didnt ask for a life story :p lol :embarrass
:offended:

it would be so interestin to see if we actually all did achieve what we wanted in 10 years time, like when you meet up with primary school friends and its proper wicked knowin they achieved their goals and that
we should revive this thread in 10yrs tym InshaAllah :D

chacha_jalebi
08-15-2008, 02:52 PM
i do sincerly hope in 10 years time, i am not on Li lol insha allah

Re.TiReD
08-15-2008, 03:15 PM
i do sincerly hope in 10 years time, i am not on Li lol insha allah
^^ same

:salamext: btw....

In ten years....Hmm you know, 10 years is a long time...But at present all I wanna do is graduate and then sochain geyyy :D

WassalamuAlaykum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.