Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
Why don't you have any other major goals? Why not?
For all you know, you may get married next month! You may have 10 children and 100 grand children! :)
Ok? That's just to show the other side of possibility. Let's not dwell on that.
Rabbanaa aatinaa fiddunyaa Hasanah wa fil-aakhirati Hasanah <-- Why do you think we ask for goodness in the hereafter AND in this world?
If you don't have any specific plan or goal for other aspects of your life, then guess what? Other people have planned for you. Isn't that good news? No.
Because what do other people have in their plan for you?
YOU have to plan and set goals for your life. Or you'll be living life based on others' standard and whims.
1. Our 'ibaadah, our worship, our connection with Allaah, our servitude <-- no doubt, that's the biggest slice of our life. Yet, how does that give us a reason to ignore other slices of our life?
What other slices?
2. Marriage (if already married, then relationship with husband/wife; if still single, the preparation for marriage)
3. Family (parents, siblings, close relatives, [children, if any])
4. Health (physical well-being, vitality, energy)
5. Emotion (mood, state, feelings, reactions, attitude etc.)
6. Social Life & Organizations (friends, da'wah work, organizations and associations, community work etc.)
7. Finance & Money (managing money, ensuring halal flow of income and expense)
8. Job / Study (career, school, other studies)
So, Sahabiyaat, your goal takes care of the first slice of your life fully, alhamdulillaah; and maybe a little bit from the 8th slice.
What happens to the rest of the slices?
If you allow me to ask, which three slices of your life are the MOST IMPORTANT for you right now at this very moment in your life? Which three slices would you like to make MASSIVE improvements?
Then, when you have the 3 slices, for each slice, what OUTSTANDING goals can you set for each? Be slightly
unrealistic, so that even thinking about achieving those goals will motivate you and excite you.
Well, that's my 2 cents. If you're an action-taker, I'd love to see you succeed and go to the next level in your life, insha'Allah.