/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i like someone should i tell

AnonymousPoster
08-02-2008, 06:37 PM
i like someone, but its on the internet, only speaking forums

and i have ended up really liking them, i understand the concept of parents being involved in these matters, but i dont know if they like me, so should i tell them or ignore feelings

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
08-02-2008, 06:45 PM
:salamext:

Are you a bro?

If yesh then,

1) Do you think your parents would be ok with marrying somebody you dont know in real life?

2) Do you know enough about this person to want to marry them?

3) Are you 100% sure about this person, if he was to propse to you would you be in a position to accept? Or if you're a bro then are you in a position to propose to her?

:wasalamex

dream gurl
08-03-2008, 12:13 AM
yeah giv it a shot..u sld.

arabianprincess
08-03-2008, 03:21 AM
hmmm

to be honest i always heard its not safe to like someone from online cuz u never know if they r for real or they playin .. ( i know many females who were played or vise versa ) just be carefulllllllllllllllllllllll i mean if i was u i would keep em n ignore em .. cuz its not like its in real life.. so it hard to reallly know em..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sharif
08-03-2008, 06:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

and i have ended up really liking them, i understand the concept of parents being involved in these matters, but i dont know if they like me, so should i tell them or ignore feelings
AnonymousGender,

Exactly WHAT about that person do you "like?" How did you end up "liking" him/her?

(Although you said that you ended up liking "them," I assume you're talking about one person; am I right?)

How much do you know about that other person? Is that person still available or taken? WHERE is that person?

Don't ignore your feelings. "Check" them; "test" them to see if they're real. You shouldn't tell the other person before you know for sure you're ready. And that person is just a faceless "name," then you'll definitely have to find out more.

A good question to ask yourself would be: "Am I ready? If such a person were to come to my parents to ask for me (or even come to me directly!) what would I say? And why would I say that?"

Be smart. You've got only ONE life to live. Make it awesome!

anonymous
08-03-2008, 10:09 AM

1) pray istikhara. if +ve than you know that the person is worth it. if not, than you know that this person isnt good for you, hence you should drop the matter :)

if you do approach this person, i suggest you personally dont do it, but rather ask to speak to her wali first (if your a bro. if your a sis, approach your family first and approach him with them). do not get to know them before mariage, unless it is through the proper channels. and mashallah, u have taken the first step with that, since you have realised that families need to be involved:)

and i dont get why you would tell them first. dont you find out if they are interested after they have proposed :?

go for it! all the best. take it easy. make dua. dont get ahead of yourself :)

Tania
08-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Definetly you have to clear up the situation and try as posible to avoid the brain games which are on the internet. Don't forget on the internet you can be lied on daily basis without to know it. Also, a person can be completly diferent from the reality. Be cautious.

AnonymousPoster
08-03-2008, 02:45 PM

Dun be shilly. do wat u fink iz best. Dun b 2serious thou, coz den if ur rents dun agree wiv ya, u gon b all broken heartd innay. best 2ignore. online u cant know nuffin, dey may sound ryt online, bt offline dey myt snobs Lol vice versa, u jus duno..

well das ma attempt to keep u away from it haha. but 2b honest ive heard of succesful marriages, bt scholars say keep away.. as many do nt last:thumbs_up

Cabdullahi
08-03-2008, 04:34 PM

i like someone should i tell?

ofcourse you should tell them,you wont lose anything,just get it out of your chest!!

Re.TiReD
08-03-2008, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
i like someone should i tell?

ofcourse you should tell them,you wont lose anything,just get it out of your chest!!
Lol, but if you know nothing will come out of it then you shouldnt tell. Meaning if you know (for whatever reason) that you will not be able to marry them or even if you dont know them well enough yet....just wait insha'Allah or forget about them. Oh but before that, make sure they aint maried. Lol

Ansariyah
08-03-2008, 04:44 PM
How long have u known this individual?
Do you know anyone who knows him/her in person ?

Dont just tell them so easily. Let them first earn it.

Sahabiyaat
08-03-2008, 05:02 PM
:sl:

No.
control your nafs and get on with your life, which is to worship Allah.
and no im not joking :) lol.

Sahabiyaat
08-03-2008, 05:05 PM
how old r u doll?

oh god... tell me ur a sister, or i wud have just called a brother doll :D haha

ur age matters actually, the above advice is to a teenager, if your more mature and know what your doing that anwser may be a tiny bit different but not too much.

i cant give a detailed anwser, im tyrd:uhwhat, pm me.

S_87
08-03-2008, 09:23 PM
if you seriously do like someone then dont go contacting them and probably start a net relationship etc. Get someone in between that you trust will keep it to themselves and ask them to act as an in-between

qassy!
08-03-2008, 11:31 PM
dont meet him/her......its never a good idea to meet someone you never met before. For all we know they could be usama bin laden

Eeman
08-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Salam alaikum sorry i cant give much advice since i've never been on that sitaution but i did used to have this one friend who always used to get infatuated with guys online (wel; she used to say love) but anyhow it was infatuation until she'd meet them and realise OMG RUN!!!
ok well those days were different i was only muslim by name so never adviced her from an islamic perspective but it is tricky with online i suppose, cos there is no way that one can avoid much fitnah, so thats why i would be a bit weary of it if i was in that sitaution.
for non practising muslims its ok, cos as i said with my friend she used to meet them up and see them and talk on the phone and chat online etc, but that in it self is wrong!
and if you dont do these things then how do you know anything about the person it is quite difficult, :o$

sorry im not much help here but i strongly advice that you do yur istikhara and ask the best guide of all to guide you Insha'Allah.

i pray it all turns out well.

Ma salama.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-04-2008, 01:30 AM
:sl:

First make absolutely sure that you are serious and this isn't something you are doing on a whim or desire. Then make sure whatever you do after that is something halal and do not speak to the person directly because that is like opening the door to fitnah upon yourself and throwing away the lock. Do what Sr. Amani mentioned, it probably is best that way, Walaahu 'Alam.

Ps- It would help to know your gender so advise can be given more accordingly.

Blue Rose
08-04-2008, 08:39 AM
how sure are you?? that you like him/her?

i mean you haven't seen them and there's more to a person when you chat to the on the internet.

i'm not saying you're shallow or anything but if you're really serious then approach the person and tell them you're intentions and then maybe approach you're parents if the person agrees.

if you're not serious then anything will put you off.

istikharah is a good option.

after all it could just be a crush. they may be really nice on the internet but really short tempered in reality. make sure you know enogh about them before you go ahead with anything. be really careful whatever you do... :thumbs_up

chacha_jalebi
08-12-2008, 09:58 PM
:ooh:internet love!!! internet marriage!!

is that possible lol, actually thats another topic for another day

but i dunno, the only way you can tell is to ask them, but maybe your one of them shy people, like im sure many of us, if we did like someone and didnt know about their feelins we would be shy to tell! so dont feel weirdyy:D

also sis/bro/:skeleton: remember there are better ways to find people, not just the net, like im not sayin you in particular, but many people who start online relations, are just insecure about themselfs, like they need to get out there and stuff like you dont wana meet someone of net, and all haa dee haa, they shouw you their pic and they look like wow, and then haa dee haa lets get married, and when you do finally see them, they look like a 60 yr old pervert lol then... so just be careful

make sure you know the person a bit more and i dont know how you can do that on the net tbh, inshallah you will find a way! and doo istikhara, and if that person is really for you theen woo hoo

best of lucks

M..x
08-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Alluw it man, It ent worth it. You duna how they are in real life so I wouldn't risk it. Ya'no some people act all gangstafied over the net when they could be a lil' dork sitting behind an Apple computer. My point being, dun't go by what the appear to be. When in actual fact they can be an idiot. Inabit

Re.TiReD
08-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Lol I think the thread starter disappeared :D if you got married then mabruk...if not then there's plenty more fish in the sea

WassalamuAlaykum

true believer
08-16-2008, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sharif
AnonymousGender,

Exactly WHAT about that person do you "like?" How did you end up "liking" him/her?

(Although you said that you ended up liking "them," I assume you're talking about one person; am I right?)

How much do you know about that other person? Is that person still available or taken? WHERE is that person?

Don't ignore your feelings. "Check" them; "test" them to see if they're real. You shouldn't tell the other person before you know for sure you're ready. And that person is just a faceless "name," then you'll definitely have to find out more.

A good question to ask yourself would be: "Am I ready? If such a person were to come to my parents to ask for me (or even come to me directly!) what would I say? And why would I say that?"

Be smart. You've got only ONE life to live. Make it awesome!

salams
ermm wat u mean check/test ur feelings?...i mean how?
explain plz..anyone?:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!