/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi :)

Islamic87
08-03-2008, 01:00 AM
Hello everyone,

I am a Dutch guy, whose interest in Islam started with all the negative news you hear about it these days. Because of that, I decided a couple of years back to find out for myself what it is all about. When I started my search, I actually believed all the bad things some people were saying about it. My intention was to confirm my negative views about Islam, but the end result was very different.

Especially while reading the holy Koran, instead of seeing my prejudice confirmed I saw the beauty of Islam. It also made me feel like I really wanted to pray at those times, it was as if Allah was trying to lead me to him. I had never been a religious person, so this feeling was quite strange to me. Because of that I was in denial for quite a while, but in my heart I knew I believed. Recently I realised I couldn't fool myself any longer, so yesterday I did the shahada!

So far nobody knows yet though. Knowing my parents they will accept me for who I am, but I think I'll keep it to myself for a while because I don't want to overwhelm them too much. They don't even know I had any interest in Islam to begin with, so might be better to let them get used to it first.

Anyway, looking forward to learning more here!:)

PS: quick question, can I add a custom avatar here and if so how? I can't find the option at the edit avatar section.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
08-03-2008, 01:06 AM
Welcome to the forum Brother.

after you have posted 50 meaningful post you will be upgraded to full membership and be able to use a custom Avatar. It does not take very long and you will reach full mmber status very soon.

Mikayeel
08-03-2008, 01:09 AM
:sl: brother:)

Je bent niet de enigste nederlander in hier:)

But mashAllah thats amazing, really happy for you bro! Welcome to a new life! A wonderful life! A whole new journey started of right here for you, der are alot of reverts in here hamdulilah:)

Yep do not forget take things step by step, you do not want to rush into things brother!
Ooh i think you can have the avatar section when you become a full member and that only takes 50 posts.

So inshAllah(god willing) we going to hear great stuff from you here in this forum, and most important enjoy ur self :)

:w:

crayon
08-03-2008, 02:28 AM
Salam Alaykum!
Congratulations on taking the shahada, I hope it will be the beginning of something great.

And welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your time here!:)

Salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
08-03-2008, 10:33 AM
welcome to the forum brother and welcome to islam
inshallah u will learn alot from thios forum.
remeber take things step by step.

have an enjoyble time here

Islamic87
08-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome and for answering my question. :)

En leuk om te zien dat ik niet de enige Nederlander ben. :D

Today I did my first attempt at praying, wich was pretty hard when you don't speak Arabic except for a few words. Despite it being very far from perfect, it felt good. Looks like I'll need to spend some time memorising the words. But inshAllah I'm sure it will go better soon.

Soulja Girl
08-03-2008, 02:15 PM
:sl:

Another Hollandish person on LI, coolies! :D

Welcome to LI bro, hope you have a nice time here, stay active! :)

:w:

Güven
08-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Welcome To the Forum Brother Have A beneficial Stay And Be Active İnshAllah.
Nice To see another dutch Brother lol

İf You Have ANY questions feel free to ask :)

( Ben trouwens ook een nederlander , een Turkse nederlander :D)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!