/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question and my opinion of Islam

Finlander
08-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Salem Aleikum :)
I live in Finland and considering converting, my whole family are Christian but what really makes ME as a Western human think Islam is the right one is Qu'ran.

When it was written, it already told us the exactly how large is the planet EARTH!
Its amazing! Its like centuries ago and yet they already knew it, Allah told em.

To the questions:

Is it necessary to know Arabic language? I do think that God's religion should be open to everyone not just Arabic. White's can be muslims too you know?

I could learn the prayers of course but I dont wanna learn Arabic, too much work im currently studying so I dont have the time.

I hope for quick replies and all comments are welcome :)

Thanks in advance!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
08-04-2008, 09:32 AM
:sl:

It is not compulsory for you to learn arabic (to become a muslim) but one should try to learn enough for the prayers at least. Ideally, you should be raising these questions to an Imaam at the local mosque (or the nearest one to you). They'll be able to properly introduce you to Islam and the basics of arabic.

Good luck on your journey into Islam. May Allah make it easy for you.

Imam
08-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Welcome to our forum,dear

before answering the question I'd like to tell that it give me pleasure when I see someone considering convertion after being attracted to the Quran due to its scientific miracles .....

The quran astonished lots of scientists due to its scientific contents

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Qur...cientists.html

Regarding your question:

you should only learn Arabic to pray with it ,
the prayers consist of about 90 Arabic vocabulary !!!

I don't think that will be hard .......

http://www.jannah.com/learn/flashprayer1.html

May Allah bless

Finlander
08-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks.

There are many muslims in Finland, but mosques only in 3 places.

Also the Islamic communities here are Arabic mostly.
I got plenty of muslims as a friend so I think they could help me.
But the language might be a problem but they or I will learn to understand each other well :)

I was in the mall today and said "Salem Aleikum" to arab and he responded Salam and asked how was my day and such, small talk, nice people.

Most of my friends are youngster tho so maybe you are right. I should meet an Imam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
08-04-2008, 05:38 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Finlander
Salem Aleikum :)
I live in Finland and considering converting,
may Allah bless & make it easy for u , Ameen

Is it necessary to know Arabic language?
It's better if u can learn Arabic , so that u can read Quran with understanding but it's not a must . Most Muslims are non Arabs . Me as a non- Arab first read 2/3 lines translation , then recite Quran so that I know what I m reading/ reciting.

I do think that God's religion should be open to everyone not just Arabic. White's can be muslims too you know?

yap , Islam is for all . U don't need anyone's permission to be a Muslim.

I could learn the prayers of course but I dont wanna learn Arabic,
If u r absolutely sure about reverting to Islam , then don't waste time about thinking how to learn Arabic. It will take only few minutes ( maximum 1 hour ) to learn 2/3 short chapters from Quran.

Best of luck

جوري
08-05-2008, 02:31 AM
:sl:

you are right.. Muslims come in all shapes and sizes, please be advised that Arabic Speaking Muslims are compose only 20% of the Muslim world..

we'd love to have you aboard akhi.. :smile:

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.