/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Private Messaging!

Re.TiReD
08-04-2008, 08:53 PM
AssalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu!

Hope you are all well Bi'ithnillahu Ta'aala my brothers and fishters in Deen!

Hmm....welll *grin*

Ookay....I assume most of us here have heard of or used the Private messaging facility during our time here, right? And if not you're just retarded :p :skeleton: lol

Well basically we all know it exists and we all also know that any member can be contacted using it....But SubhanAllah! My dear brothers and sisters! Please fear Allah regarding all matters! Know that He is watching every single thing that you do, He knows what goes on in the hidden depths of your heart, so please bear that in mind before you do anything.

Brothers - For the sake of Allah (swt) please do not PM sisters without reason, ok you may need help (maybe once in a while, its very possible)....but think for a moment, maybe a brother could help you with the same thing? huh...? Just think insha'Allah, and if you really do need to PM a sis, keep it short and to the point.

And I'd like to mention here that this thread is to remind myself before anybody else since we are all human and prone to make mistakes and to err. But Brothers, please do not PM sisters asking for their personal details etc....this is NOT a matrimonial site :skeleton: subhanAllah if thats what you want then go look for one, but this is not the place.

...Hmm, and also a reminder for the sisters...Let us maintain our Hayaa insha'Allah and keep ourselves away from fitnah, we are the future mothers of this Ummah bi'ithnillah so my dear Akhwaat! Lets keep away from the shaytaans whisperings and safeguard ourselves from harm!

Know that this world is nothing but the blinking of an eye, we are living for the hereafter so lets make sure we are prepared enough for it.

Ok, ima end this with a quote insha'Allah, I really hope nobody was offended by this post and if anybody was then I sincerely apologise.

'The world is 3 days, as for yesterday, it has vanished along with all that was in it. As for tomorrow, you may never see it. As for today, it is yours so work in it.' Hasan al Basri

Lets make sure we make the most of our time insha'Allah and do not live to regret time spent in idle pursuits

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FatimaAsSideqah
08-04-2008, 08:57 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

:thumbs_up for you being honest! I am pleased to hear this and private messaging is quite dangerous because it could be tempted to become to involved into fitnah.

May Allah Taala rewards on you.

Danah
08-04-2008, 09:09 PM
how should I put it ????:?
you are just amazing sis to remind us with this precious advice :thumbs_up
May Allah grant you Jannat Al Na'eem in sha allah and protect us all from the Satan and his way...........Ameen

ayan333
08-04-2008, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FatimaAsSideqah

:thumbs_up for you being honest! I am pleased to hear this and private messaging is quite dangerous because it could be tempted to become to involved into fitnah.

May Allah Taala rewards on you.
:sl:

Definitly..i never really thought about it cuz iv been caught up in all these massive benficial threads

bu shukran sister..im pretty sure many will benefit from this tread

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
08-04-2008, 09:18 PM

I am glad to see this posted. The timing is very good. This is becoming a problem. Some brothers have been PMing sisters for reasons not related to clarification of a post etc.

Caution Brothers I assure you nearly every sister that gets a PM from a brother, forewards it to an admin or a mod.

I personaly do not like the PM system. If it was my choice, it would be deactivated, but most of the other staff is a bit younger and more tolerant than I am.

However, if I do get any complaints from sisters that a brother is PMing them, that brother will no longer be able to send or recieve PMs except to and from mods.

Re.TiReD
08-04-2008, 09:27 PM
:salamext:

Thumma Ameen to all the Du'aas. JazakAllah khayr

Sisters, just to be on the safe side, you know you can change your settings so that you receive PM's only from mods and people in your contacts right? so you can add the sisters to your contacts and receive PM's from them only. And for all other sisters you dont know particularly well I guess we have the sisters section, sa7?

Wallahu A'lam, just an option.

crayon
08-04-2008, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Caution Brothers I assure you nearly every sister that gets a PM from a brother, forewards it to an admin or a mod.
What do you mean? Like if they're being harassed or something or just every single PM from a brother?

Re.TiReD
08-04-2008, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
What do you mean? Like if they're being harassed or something or just every single PM from a brother?

If they're being harassed or constantly PM'ed etc etc

crayon
08-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Oh okay, that makes sense.. I thought bro woodrow meant that every single PM a sister got from a brother she would forward to a mod...which i found strange..:X

ayan333
08-04-2008, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя

Thumma Ameen to all the Du'aas. JazakAllah khayr

Sisters, just to be on the safe side, you know you can change your settings so that you receive PM's only from mods and people in your contacts right? so you can add the sisters to your contacts and receive PM's from them only. And for all other sisters you dont know particularly well I guess we have the sisters section, sa7?

Wallahu A'lam, just an option.

defenitly agree...but about the sis section..i applied but still cant get in...maybe you can help

Re.TiReD
08-04-2008, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

defenitly agree...but about the sis section..i applied but still cant get in...maybe you can help
Wa'alaykum salam

Ukhtee, only a super mod can get you into the sisters section unfortunately, Insha'Allah you could try PM'ing a sister mod and wait until she comes online since I know she has been rather busy lately :p

Muhammad
08-04-2008, 10:14 PM

Jazakallaahu khayran sister, this is one of the best advices for the forum. The private message facility is abused all too often and it is very saddening to see it happen. And this applies to any scenario, whether it is joking etc. through reputation messages, userpages and so on, not limited to PMs.

May we all take heed of this advice and avoid all roads to evil.

ayan333
08-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Wa'alaykum salam

Ukhtee, only a super mod can get you into the sisters section unfortunately, Insha'Allah you could try PM'ing a sister mod and wait until she comes online since I know she has been rather busy lately :p

i was thinking maybe you were a mod..but who would that be?
shukran i advance

aamirsaab
08-04-2008, 10:16 PM
I don't talk to ladies - ladies talk to me.

On a serious note: please do not harass members of opposite sex (in any way shape or form). Should any member be harassed via the pm system, please contact a mod, so we can do our job.

Re.TiReD
08-04-2008, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

i was thinking maybe you were a mod..but who would that be?
shukran i advance

Do I look like a geek to you? :p lol naah the mods are cool masha'Allah ... But here's the sis you need to PM insha'Allah http://www.islamicboard.com/members/al-mu-minah-72.html

Woodrow
08-04-2008, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Oh okay, that makes sense.. I thought bro woodrow meant that every single PM a sister got from a brother she would forward to a mod...which i found strange..:X

There is always a reason. I am very pleased to say that it seems many sisters do not appreciate getting personal PMs from brothers. the opposite is also true, but does not seem to be as often.

True there are times that a PM exchange between genders is not only justified, but valued and needed. But, things that may seem to be prying or flirtatious are often not appreciated, in either direction.

ayan333
08-04-2008, 10:27 PM
There is always a reason. I am very pleased to say that it seems many sisters do not appreciate getting personal PMs from brothers. the opposite is also true, but does not seem to be as often.

True there are times that a PM exchange between genders is not only justified, but valued and needed. But, things that may seem to be prying or flirtatious are often not appreciated, in either direction.

i must say,true and well said

Re.TiReD
08-04-2008, 10:34 PM

SubhanAllah....nobody knows this, but well...I made this thread with a certain young sister member in mind...Its true that some of us are probably old enough to keep away from or not respond to any strange PM's or ones in which brothers seem to pry and ask for personal info...But sometimes the youngsters can get caught...

...And the sad thing is....that same member just PM'ed me telling me a bro had been PM'ing her too...I mean come ONNNNN! :raging: please fear Allah (swt)! And @ that particular member - sorry I just wanted to point this out

Brothers, please stay away from our young sisters in deen, or any sister for that matter....For Allah's sake, an internet forum is NOT the place...

Souljette
08-05-2008, 08:39 AM
I didn't see this until you told me to..MASHALLAH Jazakallah khair for posting this..it's a good reminder

Muslim Woman
08-05-2008, 09:15 AM

AssalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu!

.... But Brothers, please do not PM sisters asking for their personal details etc....this is NOT a matrimonial site :skeleton:
lol ...once I posted few matrimonial sites ...brothers , go & visit those links. Best of luck.

sis , a very good post

Muslim Woman
08-05-2008, 09:25 AM

.... same member just PM'ed me telling me a bro had been PM'ing her too...

sis , pl. forward the brother's pm to bro W or other mod & request them to take action .

IbnAbdulHakim
08-05-2008, 09:29 AM
lol mashaAllaah.

lol @ muslim woman ;D

Muslim Woman
08-05-2008, 09:36 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
lol mashaAllaah.

lol @ muslim woman ;D

huh...I am serious. Ok , posting links again :statisfie

And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves,

that you may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between

your hearts. Undoubtedly, in these are signs for those who reflect."

(Quran 30:21)

IbnAbdulHakim
08-05-2008, 09:39 AM
i wouldnt really promote those sites, dont they encourage men and women to talk without mahrams around? :|

i might be wrong but i heard some of them encourage that wallahu a'lam

Cabdullahi
08-05-2008, 09:43 AM
So what about the sisters who pm brothers not for personal details but to constantly ask for help regarding their I.T issues (we gotta have control on that too)!

Im joking :) if a sister needs help no matter how much they ask ,inshallah we should still help

IbnAbdulHakim
08-05-2008, 09:45 AM
^ pm'ing for help is a completely different issue and im sure the mods are checking to make sure no hanky panky takes place :)

Umu 'Isa
08-05-2008, 11:18 AM
masha Allaah great reminder sis, jazakillaahu khayran :)

FatimaAsSideqah
08-05-2008, 11:23 AM

Well, I do impressed some of members' good advices in here and it is well-worth for it!

Please listen to good advices and Allah is watching. :phew

Sahabiyaat
08-05-2008, 11:43 AM

good thread.

its ok to ask for help, this box called the computer does strange things sometimes and especially when you loose data you want to mutilate someone :raging: ....this will kill me to say it....im choking *coughthebrothers arebetteratcomputerscough* , so thats why we ask for help,

and i agree on keeping it to the point, sisters dont mind when its to the point, but when people think this is shaadi.com :raging: im going to start fowarding my pm's to the admins/mods, but i believe everyone deserves a fair chance the first tym, to correct themselves.

A muslims should be firm but forgiving and patient too. :) We should keep that in mind.

Sahabiyaat
08-05-2008, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat

*coughthebrothers arebetteratcomputerscough* ,
ladies, this phrase gets you reps :D :D
im not taking it back lol.

Re.TiReD
08-05-2008, 01:08 PM

JazakAllah khayr for replies, lol @ Muslim woman...I was kiddin about matrimonial sites, but it saddens me when brothers use this forum as one. SubhanAllah just DONTTTT! :skeleton: But yeah...lets not promote rubbish like matrimonial sites either.

Ameen to all the du'aas

Makky
08-05-2008, 03:02 PM

Brothers - For the sake of Allah (swt) please do not PM sisters without reason, ok you may need help (maybe once in a while, its very possible)....but think for a moment, maybe a brother could help you with the same thing? huh...? Just think insha'Allah, and if you really do need to PM a sis, keep it short and to the point.
You are right sister..I agree 100%

Jazaki Allahu khayran sister

Subhan Allah ! Fitnah happens even in the case of ( with reason )

Fitnah happens even in the public threads and replys

its the nature of man and woman whenever they interact. may Allah guide our hearts and hide them from fitan

Eeman
08-05-2008, 03:30 PM
salam alaikum,

:skeleton::skeleton::skeleton:really oh gosh sorry but im a bit surprised i didnt know that this sort of stuff would happen here, but sis jolie is right remember that Allah swt is forever watching and fear His wrath, if you make a mistake or fall into error then repent and dont do it again Insha'Allah.

ma salama

SixTen
08-05-2008, 03:35 PM
If its not in any way intimate - I don't see the problem - considering we are distant to eachother. I mean, most things are unlikely to cause zina - the chances are too small to completly call for a hall to PM'ing.

Cabdullahi
08-05-2008, 03:44 PM
^ YEAH you are right,the thread is mashallah a good reminder but the way the sister said "Brothers - For the sake of Allah (swt) please do not PM sisters without reason" its as if theres some sort of intimate pm's epidemic ,for me it might be a bit exaggerated

Muslim Woman
08-05-2008, 03:44 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by SixTen
- I don't see the problem - . .
why take unnecessary risk ??? We must always be careful about Satan & must not give him any chance to make us think that there is / will be no problem. How can we be so sure that there will be no problem ??

SixTen
08-05-2008, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

why take unnecessary risk ??? We must always be careful about Satan & must not give him any chance to make us think that there is / will be no problem. How can we be so sure that there will be no problem ??

By analyzing the issue. Personally, I think it is exaggeration/over the top to treat PM'ing, to that of a man and woman alone in the same room.

Eeman
08-05-2008, 04:13 PM
i think the intentions is way more important, if it is dne with the intention to flatter the sster and in a flirtatious way then sisters i am sure you can ell, if not then it is being exaggerated.

Ansariyah
08-05-2008, 06:23 PM
I think wat 2 grown up individuals do in pms is their business n none of ours to be frank.

We shudnt be soo suspicious. We should only worry about our own deeds.

Jzk

Eeman
08-05-2008, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
I think wat 2 grown up individuals do in pms is their business n none of ours to be frank.

Jzk
lol agreed... how else are we gonna have LI weddings! lolllllllllllll!

Woodrow
08-05-2008, 06:56 PM
That is true, but at the same time the forum admins and mods have a responsibility to take action if it is misused. The purpose of the PMs should be primarily for the purposes of clarifying posts, encourage same gender friendships and to help spread Islam and strengthen each others Iman.

True. It is not the desire of any of us to spread suspicision. However, on a personal note I do have the responsibility to act upon any complaints about any misuse of PMs.

Fortunatly, this is not a problem that affects the large majority of the members. Although I and probably some other staff members have recieved complaints about some misuse, it does seem most members have been using it as intended.

The bottom line. those who use the PM system properly have no problems. If you or anybody else gets an inappropriate PM, please foreward it to a mod or admin.

Re.TiReD
08-05-2008, 08:33 PM

Lol subhanAllah what a hoo-haa eh?

Yup tiz true that we should look to ourselves and our own deeds first, but where is giving naseehah forbidden?

Also, yeah maybe its none of our business what others do, but just like we are rewarded for enjoining what is good, we are also rewarded for forbidding what is evil. We will be asked about the good that we did, and the ones in a position of power (the mods and admins) will also be asked about what they did and bi'ithnillahu ta'aala they'll be able to say that they stopped free-mixing between the genders.

And @ some of the comments, no there may not be an epidemic of 'intimate PM's' going on, but we take precautions just before the illness right? we protect ourselves from the virus and take all neccassary measures to keep away from it, same way...this is just a reminder, JUST INCASE anything does happen (Allah forbid)....wallahu A'lam.

Oh and btw, those who commented on the bolded part...Brothers - For the sake of Allah (swt) please do not PM sisters without reason....

^^ well I dont see what seems to be the problem? Its a simple request. Case closed

Na7lah
08-05-2008, 08:36 PM
i see wat u mean sis :)

i personally havent experianced anythin like that and i'm sure we have a loot of good hearted brothers here as well as those with bad intentions,

I ask Allah to guide us all and make our hearts firm on his religion

Re.TiReD
08-05-2008, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
i see wat u mean sis :)

i personally havent experianced anythin like that and i'm sure we have a loot of good hearted brothers here as well as those with bad intentions,

I ask Allah to guide us all and make our hearts firm on his religion
Ameen, thumma Ameen.

And yeah...I'm sure...actually I'm POSITIVE there are sincere brothers out there, I'm just warning against those not so sincere....No need for any of the brothers to get offended and if they do then I apologise.

glo
08-05-2008, 08:41 PM
I agree.
I've had some of the most valuable PM exchanges with male forum members here in LI.
I have valued them, and never have I thought they were inappropriate.

Besides, men have a way of putting things into perspective, and balancing my views as a woman. :D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-05-2008, 09:20 PM
First of all I want to say thanx for the reminder but you dont have to rub it in that much I mean im sure its a small few people that have done this, some of the posts seem as if all brothers are in the middle of writing poems to all sisters.

One thing I want to ask is do the mods act upon complaints and check PM's or do they just go into random bros Pm's to see?

And last but not least my advice to the sisters is that if they get such an email, they should point it out to the bro that what he is doing is wrong, or how he is coming across is not acceptable, because maybe some brother may not even realise it.

Re.TiReD
08-05-2008, 09:26 PM

SubhanAllah! I aint rubbing anything at all in akhee.

You know what, I'll just leave you with a hadeeth that comes to mind when people say what you just did, when people say that we make it seem as though the sin was actually far worse than it is.

You do things which in your eyes are less significant than a hair, but at the time of the Messenger of Allah, we used to count them as things that could destroy a man. (Bukhaari)

Woodrow
08-05-2008, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
First of all I want to say thanx for the reminder but you dont have to rub it in that much I mean im sure its a small few people that have done this, some of the posts seem as if all brothers are in the middle of writing poems to all sisters.
That is true, it does seem to be a very small number. It is not all brothers there although it seems that sisters are more apt to report it to us.

One thing I want to ask is do the mods act upon complaints and check PM's or do they just go into random bros Pm's to see?
It is acting upon PMs that get forwarded to us as being inappropriate. The privacy of members is highly respected and protected as much as is possible.

And last but not least my advice to the sisters is that if they get such an email, they should point it out to the bro that what he is doing is wrong, or how he is coming across is not acceptable, because maybe some brother may not even realise it.
Good point, however to keep things fair, it is best for each member male or female to not reply to a questionable PM and simply report it to us. This will help get another opinion as to if it was an intentional or accidental thing. We are aware that often because of language differences something harmless may be seen in a wrong light.

al.Ghurabaa'
08-05-2008, 09:38 PM
JazakAllahukhairan Jolie for this great thread!

The hadeeth that you just gave - deep...but very true.

Satan won't attack a muslim at once, he's too clever, he'll do it bit by bit...which is why Jolie is just reminding that we should think twice before sending a PM to the opposite gender. I'm sure,that you could PM someone of your own gender who would IA be more that happy to help. There will always be people to help...if not, the mods and admins are here too!!

Re.TiReD
08-05-2008, 09:45 PM

Wa Iyaak Akhee al.Ghurabaa'

al.Ghurabaa'
08-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Erm, ana ukht...

Baraka Allahu Feeki...

Re.TiReD
08-05-2008, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al.Ghurabaa'
Erm, ana ukht...

Baraka Allahu Feeki...

Ahh :-[ ana asifa ukht :-[

But another hadeeth: The believer regards his sins as if he were sitting beneath mountain which he fears may fall on him. Whereas the sinner regards his sin as if a fly lands on his nose and he wipes it away

al.Ghurabaa'
08-05-2008, 09:58 PM
No Probs ukhty! It's my fault...I thought I'd filled the gender in, but I must have been dreaming...I'll go do it now inshAllah

JazakAllahukhairan for the hadith. It really is saddening to see this happen! May Allah forgive our sins, and shower His blessing and mercy on us...Ameen...

Re.TiReD
08-05-2008, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al.Ghurabaa'
No Probs ukhty! It's my fault...I thought I'd filled the gender in, but I must have been dreaming...I'll go do it now inshAllah

JazakAllahukhairan for the hadith. It really is saddening to see this happen! May Allah forgive our sins, and shower His blessing and mercy on us...Ameen...

Thumma Ameen sis!

ayan333
08-06-2008, 01:34 AM
:w::sl:

wow...the hadeeth was deep sister..SubhanALLAH we treat things so lightly when in reality its killer

anyway i came across this lecture and it reminded me about this board and this thread

its really good and beneficial

Must listen!!!!!

if you dont have time,atleast listen to a bit Insh ALLAH

http://islambase.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1084&Ite mid=181

its called "free-mixing" buy sheik Feiz Muhammed

hope its beneficial

ayan333
08-06-2008, 01:44 AM

SubhanALLAH im listening to the lecture and everything he is saying is so true!!!!!!!

actually he's refraining to some of us,including me,about giving advise and giving fatwas...how we might be might be unknowingly leading someone astray.SubhanALLAH its so true!!!!!

Sister JσℓιєFℓєυя made some of the same points

Muslim Woman
08-06-2008, 05:38 AM

.... We should only worry about our own deeds.

it's a must for us to prevent others from wrong doing. Prophet Muhammed (p) said ( not the exact words ) If we can't stop them physically , then must do it orally , if can't do that either then must hate that & that's the weakest faith.

Muslim Woman
08-06-2008, 05:45 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
lol agreed... how else are we gonna have LI weddings! lolllllllllllll!
:p

btw , I am not against marriage / matmonial sites. I gave ad there for my relative & MashaAllah she got married & happy now :D

anyone feels shy to give ad for him/herself may send ur biodata & InshaAllah I will post that :statisfie

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-06-2008, 04:42 PM

SubhanAllah! I aint rubbing anything at all in akhee.

You know what, I'll just leave you with a hadeeth that comes to mind when people say what you just did, when people say that we make it seem as though the sin was actually far worse than it is.

You do things which in your eyes are less significant than a hair, but at the time of the Messenger of Allah, we used to count them as things that could destroy a man. (Bukhaari)

Maybe you've not understood me but I didnt say the sin is lighter then everyone thinks at all, but rather its the impression I was getting from this thread (generally, not pointing you out) that its alot of bros on this forum when its only a very small number, as bro woodrow also pointed out.

Nice hadith and thanx for the reminder again.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-06-2008, 05:15 PM
*Cough*brotherswherehaveyougone?*cough*

Ansariyah
08-06-2008, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

it's a must for us to prevent others from wrong doing. Prophet Muhammed (p) said ( not the exact words ) If we can't stop them physically , then must do it orally , if can't do that either then must hate that & that's the weakest faith.
Why do u assume people are committing wrong? What made u think that?.

n I am in complete agreement with that hadeeth.

Muslim Woman
08-07-2008, 12:22 PM

Why do u assume people are committing wrong? What made u think that?.

why a sis started this thread ?

n I am in complete agreement with that hadeeth.

that's a good girl :statisfie

Ali.
08-07-2008, 02:48 PM

If they're being harassed or constantly PM'ed etc etc

Does this actually happen? Nevertheless, 'tis a good reminder. By the way, the way you end your post [wasalamex] is used to reply to someone when they say assalamu aleykum, not to say farewell. Lol sorry for being picky, just thought I'd point that out.

Re.TiReD
08-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Maybe you've not understood me but I didnt say the sin is lighter then everyone thinks at all, but rather its the impression I was getting from this thread (generally, not pointing you out) that its alot of bros on this forum when its only a very small number, as bro woodrow also pointed out.

Nice hadith and thanx for the reminder again.
Well what I'm trying to point out is that the small number is irrelevant. It happening just once is sufficient to get me angry enough to make a whole thread dedicated to it. And to maybe warn people (both bro's and sisters) in future if they do happen to fall into the trap.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Does this actually happen? Nevertheless, 'tis a good reminder. By the way, the way you end your post [wasalamex] is used to reply to someone when they say assalamu aleykum, not to say farewell. Lol sorry for being picky, just thought I'd point that out.
Allahu A'lam if it happens or not (It does though btw) But we safeguard ourselves from the unknown also.

And I'm picky too, I like to end my posts with WassalamuAlaykum but since we dont have a full emo for that I use the next best thing.

al.Ghurabaa'
08-07-2008, 09:52 PM

It happened once, and so Jolie Fleur started a thread just to warn everyone on this forum of this, and to give a small naseehah. I don't see what's the problem?!

Oh btw, the google: truth: 'do you mean Islam' is really cool mA...cracked me up...'

aminahjaan
08-07-2008, 09:56 PM
thats stupid Private messaging a guy for no reason on an Islamic Forumm? Everyone should know not to...
hahahahahahahah

Re.TiReD
08-08-2008, 05:55 PM
*Cough*brotherswherehaveyougone?*cough*
Lol I'm here fighting my corner and I intend to remain so....*grin*

format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
thats stupid Private messaging a guy for no reason on an Islamic Forumm? Everyone should know not to...
hahahahahahahah
LOL....unfortunately not all do...:skeleton:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-08-2008, 07:20 PM
ahhhhh...I give up!

Ansariyah
08-08-2008, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahgorilla
hahahahahahahah
Owright..The name callings have begun :rolleyes:

I sense a bit of holier-than-thou attitude..n to end ur insult with a "hahahaha" is sooo not even funny..:rollseyes

oh n for the record..I never recieved a pm from bros harrasing me etc...they know better then to have my lovely hijab-pin inserted in their eye..:-[

Re.TiReD
08-08-2008, 09:11 PM

oh n for the record..I never recieved a pm from bros harrasing me etc...they know better then to have my lovely hijab-pin inserted in their eye..:-[
Alhamdulillah sis ^^

Sheesh it seems as though many of us have become intolerant to naseehah, subhanAllah if this is the case I'll keep it to myself next time.

Al-Zaara
08-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Haha, please no drama.

Her (thread-starter's) intention was mashaAllah very nice and I really hope Allah will reward her immensely for that! At the same time, these are not a large amount of brothers/sisters who this warning would apply to, but nonetheless, one rotten apple in the basket will rotten all apples sooner or later. She made a warning to prevent this to happen further. Well, it can't be prevented completely and forever. But Allah is always watching.

PMing doesn't have to be bad, that's not the point. The point is when it exceedes the limits. We may all be guilty of this or similiar things and inshaAllah let's as much as we like to warn others, warn ourselves.

Why not close this thread already? *don't hit me* Point made and taken. I guess in the future someone else with good intentions will make another thread about it.

Allahu aleem and fi aman Allah.

Re.TiReD
08-08-2008, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Haha, please no drama.

Her (thread-starter's) intention was mashaAllah very nice and I really hope Allah will reward her immensely for that! At the same time, these are not a large amount of brothers/sisters who this warning would apply to, but nonetheless, one rotten apple in the basket will rotten all apples sooner or later. She made a warning to prevent this to happen further. Well, it can't be prevented completely and forever. But Allah is always watching.

PMing doesn't have to be bad, that's not the point. The point is when it exceedes the limits. We may all be guilty of this or similiar things and inshaAllah let's as much as we like to warn others, warn ourselves.

Why not close this thread already? *don't hit me* Point made and taken. I guess in the future someone else with good intentions will make another thread about it.

Allahu aleem and fi aman Allah.

Ameen sis and JazakAllah khayr, great note on which to close the thread!

WassalamuAlaykum

Al-Zaara
08-08-2008, 09:46 PM
We iyyaki, habibati. :D

Ma'salama

chacha_jalebi
08-08-2008, 10:34 PM

great note on which to close the thread!
:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.