/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayer quitter......

AnonymousPoster
08-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Hello y'all,

Please, do you hink that someone who does the daily five prayers and stops. Then back and stops again can be forgiven one day? Can he benefit from some kind of redemption? What can he do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eeman
08-06-2008, 01:08 AM
salam alaikum,

well for starters repentance is not repentance if the same thing is done again, i think that the first thing this brother needs to think and reflect upon is the term repentance in itself, would you seriously forgive and keep on accepting someone asking for forgiveness if they go and do the same thing again and again????

well to be honest i wouldnt but cos to me the repentance would not be sincere at all we are humans limited to things Allah swt is free of anything and everything He is nt limited to anything and His mercy is way beyond our scope of understanding.

what this brother firstly needs to realise is that Allah swt is not in need of us, we mankind are in need of Him.

so by praising and glorifying Him and showing your love and devotion to Him through salah and other acts of worship your not benefiting Him or making Him feel superior, your actually benefiting yourself and your heart and soul.

salah is the purification of the soul, there is a reason why Allah swt has made it compulsary not out of arrogance and vainess Astaghfirullah but cos it benefits the slave who does so.

Now if i was this brother i would seriously turn to Him fully submitting myself this time and strive hard and fight hard the jihad within me against the rejected shaytaan and repent sincerely and go out of my way to be steadfast in salah.

brother your not the only one, i sometimes myself get lazy, after the adhan i say oh you know what i'll do it in ten minutes time and as soon as i acknowledge this thought crossing my mind i get up saying Allahu akbar and run to the bathroom to do my wudu and do my salah cos i know that this thought is the whisper of shaytaan but with force i force myself to do it and beat that whisper and let it not hold me back and lead me astray.

Allah swt is the Most Merciful one of His attributes that we are constantly reminded of in the Quran, Subhan'Allah each and every surah begins with this attribute of His.
so dont get in despair of course He will forgive any slave no matter how big and how much sin on their plate but only if the repentance is sincere and the slave stops commiting the same acts again, that is what makes repentance sincere.

so this brother should repent, turn to Allah swt and strive very hard to stay steadfast in salah for his own benefit Insha'Allah.

wa salam.

ayan333
08-06-2008, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Hello y'all,

Please, do you hink that someone who does the daily five prayers and stops. Then back and stops again can be forgiven one day? Can he benefit from some kind of redemption? What can he do?
:sl:

ALLAH (SWA) is Ar-Rahman,Ar-Raheem..Most Gracious,Most Merciful

After a person knows the truth about Allah, the next step for the person is to seek a way towards Him. Find a way to please Allah and remove any of Allah's anger that may be on them for any of their misdeeds. Prayer is the connection a person has between himself and Allah. Allah says:

002.238 Guard strictly your (habit of) prayers, especially the Middle Prayer; and stand before God in a devout (frame of mind).

Allah commands us to guard our prayers. Prophet Muhammed (May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) said that the best time for prayers are at its earliest times. We must stand in front of Allah very devoutly. We must concentrate on the prayer and think about Allah much in the prayer. Allah has said in Surah Taha, "Stand up for prayer for My remeberance." When we pray, we pray to Allah, the Lord of the worlds. We must seek a means of approach to Him. The prayer (Salaat) is the answer. Prophet Muhammed (May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) taught us the way to make the prayer. Each part of the prayer, the ruku'a the Sajda, the Salam are what Allah has ordained for us.

Prayer, in arabic Salaat, literally means to make peace between. We must make peace between ourselves and Allah. Prophet Muhammed (May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) said that when people are in the prayer, they are speaking in private with Allah, their Lord. Allah is the Creator and Controller of this universe. Allah is forgiving and merciful, and also strict in punishment. We must seek the mercy of Allah and His forgiveness, and try to make amends for our misdeeds. Prophet Muhammed (May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) said the prayer removes the sins of a person like the dead leaves that fall off a tree.

Allah has said in the Quran:

020.132 Enjoin prayer on thy people, and be constant therein. We ask thee not to provide sustenance: We provide it for thee, and the Hereafter is for righteousness.

Allah commands us to enjoin prayer for our people. We must enjoin the prayers to our family and on other people around us. We must also be constant and patient in inviting them. Allah doesn't ask for nor does He need any sustenance. We need the sustenance and Allah provides for us. This invitation only benefits ourselves. Allah has prepared a beautiful repayment for us in the paradise.

Allah has said to us in many places in the Quran to stand up for the prayer (aqima salaat). We must also enjoin others for the prayer. We can follow this ordainment from Allah by inviting people to the prayer, the connection between the person and Allah. If a person is not connected with Allah, that person would end up being connected with the shaitan who is the persons enemy, and would lead that person to harm.

Allah also ordains for us to pray in jamaat (together). Prophet Muhammad (May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) has said that praying in jamaat in the Mosque is 27 times better than praying alone. Praying in the Mosque is so important that prophet Muhammed (May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) was ready to burn down the houses of those, that after hearing the adhan would rather pray at home instead of praying in the Mosque. The Mosque is the House of Allah, where Allah is remembered much. It is the environment of the angels. We must be united with our brothers and sisters and pray all together devoutly to Allah.

Allah is our protector and watches over us. Allah is the peace. We certainly need make our ties with Him, and not break them. That is the purpose of the prayer.

its long but benficial:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.