/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hijab..sisters help

jannat
08-05-2008, 09:25 PM
:sl:

im posting regarding hijab, the thing is , alhamduillah i wear hijab, but quite recently ive started to change the way i dress. which maybe affecting my hijab, i understand now, why sisters have issues wearing hijab, its hard in the sense that ive started to become attracted to wearing clothes more fitted , not too tight, but enough for them to suit me. in particular sharwaar kameez, baggy sharlwarr kameez doesnt look nice, if get what am saying, i know it sounds shallow, but i want to look nice, for myself . people look so pretty init, and want to look good my clothes too. there are ways i can change it, but i dont know, my appearance is affecting me. i want to be more confident, i know that happens in the interior,i.e. mind first and not in the exterior, but its getting abit hard.

please dont judge, i aint perfect and we all have flaws, but a womans image and appearance is considered alot, and plays on most womens minds, so if any1s got any useful advice please advise me, jazakallah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eeman
08-06-2008, 12:55 AM
salam alaikum,

awwwwwwww bless i love the way you are so honest about how you feel, its really sweet sorry i cant advice you there cos i dont wear hijab myself, but i know many sisters that do wear not so tight but fitted shalwar kameezes with sleeves and dress modestly and then wear same coloured head scarf to go with their shalwar kameez, Masha'Allah they look nice at the same time and wear hijab too.

wa salam.

Blue Rose
08-06-2008, 07:41 AM
why not wear those type of clothes in the house... that way you are looking nice for yourself :)

then when you go out wear something not fitted, i know it's tempting to wear fitted clothes but wearing those type of clothes might get you the wrong type of attention... there's a reason for why we wear hijab and appreciate and remind yourself that and then you'll feel better within yourself, don't think about others, think about what's best for you islamically :) wear the nicest clothes at home, you don't want the world to see your beauty. keep it for yourself and insha'allah hubby:statisfie

hope that helps :)

sangeeta
08-07-2008, 09:14 AM
I have to say I have seen some girls wearing lovely fashionable clothes, and also wearing lovely hijabs, I think they look very good whilst still observing their beliefs.I think you are very honest and I hope you find your answers to your queries.
format_quote Originally Posted by jannat
:sl:

im posting regarding hijab, the thing is , alhamduillah i wear hijab, but quite recently ive started to change the way i dress. which maybe affecting my hijab, i understand now, why sisters have issues wearing hijab, its hard in the sense that ive started to become attracted to wearing clothes more fitted , not too tight, but enough for them to suit me. in particular sharwaar kameez, baggy sharlwarr kameez doesnt look nice, if get what am saying, i know it sounds shallow, but i want to look nice, for myself . people look so pretty init, and want to look good my clothes too. there are ways i can change it, but i dont know, my appearance is affecting me. i want to be more confident, i know that happens in the interior,i.e. mind first and not in the exterior, but its getting abit hard.

please dont judge, i aint perfect and we all have flaws, but a womans image and appearance is considered alot, and plays on most womens minds, so if any1s got any useful advice please advise me, jazakallah khair.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MO783
08-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Salam,

hey dont worry, we are all not perfect, you are right. I can understand your problem as long as you dont do anything harram or wear anything harram then I guess it dont matter.

I guess it all depends on alot of things like if you are married etc

anyways I have problems aswell,

have you seen my thread?

take care
Salam

jannat
08-08-2008, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MO783
Salam,

hey dont worry, we are all not perfect, you are right. I can understand your problem as long as you dont do anything harram or wear anything harram then I guess it dont matter.

I guess it all depends on alot of things like if you are married etc

anyways I have problems aswell,

have you seen my thread?

take care
Salam

No sorry, what thread is that?

Tania
08-10-2008, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jannat
No sorry, what thread is that?
http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...h-no-joke.html

Sahabiyaat
08-10-2008, 01:03 PM
you want to look good outside the home??

just keep it simple and im sure youll look beautiful, If you dont already wear the jilbaab, thats actually quite nice too, you can get so many different styles to suit your taste.

If your married and live with just your husband,wear whatever you want but be sure to cover up infront of non mahrams,guests etc...

and If your single, wear whatever, but if it isnt permitted in your household to wear certain clothes, then just dont, because im sure your beautiful as you are sister :)

Nawal89
08-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Hey sis, wearing hijab does not mean you cant look nice.

I wear a long khimar and a jilbab, and i'm sure I look nice everytime I go out. I match my jilbab and hijab colors, AND my handbag. But my clothes are loose and does not show my shape but that doesnt mean that its 3 sizes too big for me!

I dont advise you to even start with fitting clothes. You can always get clothes that are your size, but are loose. That way it definately wont show your body shape but at the same time it wont look like ur floating in a big wad of cloth either.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.