/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bite your tongue

Na7lah
08-05-2008, 10:31 PM
:sl:

Everything we say and do in life has consequences. Just like throwing a stone into a pond, sends ripples across the water affecting all around it. We are free to say and do as we choose but the consequences of our words and actions are our responsibility.

How many times have hasty words been spoken making a wedge between once loving friends or spouses?

Sometimes we think something bad about a person and in anger or when emotions are high, we make those thoughts vocal. If we could have waited a little, these negative thoughts may well have been replaced with more kindly ones.

To speak or act while in a state of anger is really a mistake. It is a good idea to bite your tongue and wait until the next day. If the same level of emotions are present, then speak out, but chances are you will have forgotten why you were angry.

{The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! He between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend.} (Sura Fussilat 41:34

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al.Ghurabaa'
08-05-2008, 11:38 PM
SubhanAllah...I love this thread. :thumbs_up

JazakAllahukhairan ukhty.

As Sabru Jameel - Patience is a virtue...Let's guard our tongues...

Think twice before speaking! :thumbs_up

:w:

Na7lah
08-05-2008, 11:45 PM
barakallah Fik

FatimaAsSideqah
08-05-2008, 11:54 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Oh Masha'Allah! Good reminder, sister. We have to always guard our tongue.

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: "The destruction of man lies in three (things): his stomach, his lusts, and his tongue."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayan333
08-06-2008, 12:43 AM
:sl:

JazakALLA Khair for sharing!!!!! defenitly beneficial

SAYING OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD ( saw) ABOUT ANGER.

Allah's Messenger (saw )Said a Muslim is never allowed to stay angry with his Muslim brother over three day's , because he who does that, then dies will go to hell ( FIRE ) . ( This is reported by Abu Dawood ) (Sahih Al - Jami ) ( page 7609).

SubhanALLAH...i know ive been mad at a sister for a long time..Alhamdulilah...imagine if i wouldve died in that state.ALLAH (SAW) is surely Ar-Rahman,Ar-Raheem!!!!!!

The messenger of Allah (Prophet Muhammad ( says about anger:
“ Anger is the effect of shaytaan and shaytaan was created from fire. And water extinguishes fire."
It is narrated in Bukhari that two people were arguing in the presence of Rasulullah ( saw) One of the two became so angry that his face went red and his veins swelled. Rasulullah (saw) Lifted his face towards that person and said to him that I know a sentence if you were to say it your anger will go away. The sentence is ( taw’wz ). The translation is as follows:

“ I SEEK ALLAH'S PROTECTION FROM THE CURSED DEVIL"

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.