/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me get six pack abs????

paul
08-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi Everyone, I have been trying these for months and months but it doesn’t help me anymore. I am talking about six pack abs that I am trying to get. I joined a gym for this and the trainer told me that I would get them…but NOOOO!! That did not help me and later on I have tried a few tips that I have been suggested by my friends but that also was of no use (the whole thing helped the abs a little…but not as I wanted). So, now can anyone suggest me any ways or ideas to get them

Thanks for any help!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
08-06-2008, 10:25 AM
:sl:
Do some sit ups or crunches. I would strongly advise not taking those muscle building drinks due to them having adverse side effects.

You'll also require some meat in ya.

Pk_#2
08-06-2008, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by paul
Hi Everyone, I have been trying these for months and months but it doesn’t help me anymore. I am talking about six pack abs that I am trying to get. I joined a gym for this and the trainer told me that I would get them…but NOOOO!! That did not help me and later on I have tried a few tips that I have been suggested by my friends but that also was of no use (the whole thing helped the abs a little…but not as I wanted). So, now can anyone suggest me any ways or ideas to get them

Thanks for any help!!!
Sit ups & loads of them :exhausted What's crunches akhi? Crunchie?

All the best P. I've been tryna get a 6 pac for centuries now.. :BeRightBack:

Souljette
08-06-2008, 01:58 PM
crunches are when you don't go all the way like sit ups ..you just go half way like raise your head up a lil so you feel a slight compression or some sort in your ab area

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nawal89
08-06-2008, 02:01 PM
do a mid crunch and hold it, after that just raise your body 2 inches up and dow, dont let your neck or shoulders touch the floor. do 200 a day :D

IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2008, 02:02 PM
crunches are when you feel your stomach burn, you can even do it by lying down and just trying to lift both of your legs up, thats a serious crunch

qassy!
08-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Join a better gym? What Gym are you currently with?, the trainer may be some clown who doesnt know what his taking about!

Re.TiReD
08-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Hey up,

Revert to Islam, then I'll tell ya.

Peace out.

qassy!
08-06-2008, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Hey up,

Revert to Islam, then I'll tell ya.

Peace out.
That's not very nice, you dont want to help someone out because there not Muslim ? You shouldn't discriminate like that sister!

Re.TiReD
08-06-2008, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
That's not very nice, you dont want to help someone out because there not Muslim ? You shouldn't discriminate like that sister!
Lol....;D What I meant is, Islam might help him...and then he might realise that he doesnt need em after all.

Lol I aint discriminating since I dont have any useful tips anyway

:wasalamex

qassy!
08-06-2008, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
Lol....;D What I meant is, Islam might help him...and then he might realise that he doesnt need em after all.

Lol I aint discriminating since I dont have any useful tips anyway

:wasalamex
oh right.....thought you meant no help unless ur Muslim!

jettlee
08-07-2008, 05:13 AM
First of all, I would like to tell you that each and everyone has their own way to get them but not all are success. You will be given a hundred solutions if you go on asking different people, like the gym you joined or the tricks that you had been told. So, it’s better for you follow a certain routine for this. My cousin was also in a similar dilemma and later he found a course that helped him get six pack abs and moreover that was not time consuming and has fast results too…so he was not abandoned by patience. I believe that this course can help you also to get the abs you desire.

Eeman
08-07-2008, 05:57 AM
I suggest you make loadsa dua and ask Allah swt for them and Insha'Allah He will shape it into you.

:)

جوري
08-10-2008, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Da'watul-Allaah
Sit ups & loads of them :exhausted What's crunches akhi? Crunchie?

All the best P. I've been tryna get a 6 pac for centuries now.. :BeRightBack:
nyhahahahhahaha ;D those crunchies will be the death on any abs.. but looks positively scrumptious.......

Ansariyah
08-10-2008, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
I suggest you make loadsa dua and ask Allah swt for them and Insha'Allah He will shape it into you.

:)
{And that man can have nothing but what he strives for.} (An-Najm 53:39)

Allah wont just shape it into him (requires action.....bt then again for some it comes down to genes. My brothers have it but they dont seem to work out much.

rahul_89
08-10-2008, 10:59 PM
i gt my 6pak fru doin d plank.try dat 4 2mins afta evry wrkout

MaiCarInMtl
08-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Ok, people are just keeping to one side here: exercise.

Other things come into play when you want to get abs: DIET! Remember, bad food in = bad results out! You have to lower you body fat % (therefore lowering sub-cutaneous body fat) - this is when your abs will come out.

You also have to keep genetics in mind.

I know a few female body builders who do next to no ab work but they get an amazing six-pack when they diet down for competitions. Other try and try and try and nothing ever happens.

NYCmuslim
08-11-2008, 03:22 PM

Its a common misconception that doing loads of situps/crunches will get you abs. These exercises are very weak and won't help you much. What you need to do is work on your core. This includes the whole midsection area: abs, obliques, lower back. Another misconception is that doing dozens of reps is good, which is not. The most efficient way is to do at least 3 sets of 10-15 slow and intense reps. Really concentrating on targeting the muscles is key. That said here are some good exercises:

See this: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cm...?Articleid=486

Hanging leg raises:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfgjWFKP5Mo

Floor leg raises:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrChbIr-9ag

Plank positions (try to hold for as long as you can)
http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/img/219_fig6.gif
http://www.berkeleyrunningcompany.co...k-exercise.gif

Bunch of good core exercises:
http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/a...e_Strength.htm

As you become more proficient, incorporate weighted versions of these exercises by using medicine balls, plates, etc.

Diet is important too. You will not see your abs if you have fat covering them. Eat healthy foods, watch your calories, and do cardio training to reduce your body fat. Its hard work but with patience and determination you can do it Inshallah! Good luck!

Peace

martinijames
08-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Hi there,

Well you can start by looking for a professional trainer. Believe me it is not difficult to get one if you can afford them. Then have the zeal and determination to by his/her rigorous schedule - and in may 6 months of concerted effort - YOU HAVE YOUR SIX PACK ABS!!

Ovarian Cysts A to Z

IbnAbdulHakim
08-20-2008, 09:38 AM
i was just thinking... why would you even want six packs?

seriously? i thought its better to have a strong yet flat stomach.. maybe slightly toned.

you should work more on your arms and chest,

just some advice :D

Algernonadder
08-21-2008, 08:37 AM
i do advise to use bodybuilding product according requirement. a
take food regularly time. and take service of professional trainer.

http://www.no2max.com/

H4RUN
08-22-2008, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i was just thinking... why would you even want six packs?

seriously? i thought its better to have a strong yet flat stomach.. maybe slightly toned.

you should work more on your arms and chest,

just some advice :D

Long time my friend!
And no dont do what he said, that's just the typical asian way of thinking, arms and chest...RAMBO here we come....you'll just end up looking funny, do all the muscles, neglect none....As for the 6 pac, just some simple tips..
1. Watch what you eat, get rid of the junk food, take in the fruit and veg.
2. Sweat, you'll burn calories by working hard and therefore sweating...You'll gradually burn away the layer of fat to get to the 6 pac.
3. Ab work, as tedious as it is, it's what you have to, stick to the simple routines at 1st but you can vary them alot as you progress.

Stick at it and hopefully you'll get the desired abs. Cheerio!

MoAhmed
08-24-2008, 11:54 AM
First you gotta have protein..and alot there calculators on the net
as to much you need to take by how much you weigh.

Without protein there is no muscle. Muscle builds after a work always remember that and protein is what helps it build the muscle..

Oh and like the other brother and sisters mentioned always be food
concious calories are an easy to track how much energy your body needs.
i follow the 10 calorie per pound rule taking 10 calories per pound of how
much i weigh..that's to keep my weight i weigh like 210 but i dont take 2100 calories that would just maintain my weight im tryna drop down to about
190 pounds so i'd eat about 1900 calories a day.

And exercises do as much as you can don't fatigue ur muscles if you do...too
much exercising it could also work against you because you wont have
much energy to rebuild your muscles always do enough till your fatigued
and take rests between days you do and dont work workout helps you get
built faster.

Well this is all could think of right now bro, salam

and remember hard work pays off.

Muezzin
08-24-2008, 12:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by paul

Thanks for any help!!!
This is the best first post I've ever seen.

And so as not to render my post spam, I'll tell you to simply do a heck of a lot of sit ups. And whenever you drink water or any other liquid, sit down and do it. If you drink while standing up you get a spare tyre, a beer belly, jabba the gut, etc etc.

Trn2allah
09-08-2008, 11:29 PM
ease off the donner kebab boy! oh yeah stop the black pudding too

Mikayeel
09-08-2008, 11:36 PM

The thread starter hasn't come back agian?

Anyhow it depends on the type of body ur starting of with, if u have a layer of fat. Then obviously doing as much leg raise/push ups/pull ups/sit ups, wont do much to u. Because the layer of fat would be covering ur muscles. So an aerobic fitness plan should be done to get rid of the fat, like walking, jogging and swimming.

Also a diet should contain not alot of sugars, but the energy should come from proteins. This way u will be burning the fat. After the layer is gone, then this is when ur anaerobic exercise comes in :)

Kas1m
09-08-2008, 11:51 PM
I think its just waste of time because once you build them, you have to maintain them regularly. For me it is.

Joseph Dylan
09-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Crunches work just fine for me my friend.

Followed by a 12" pizza and an 8 pack.

Trn2allah
09-09-2008, 12:38 AM
the thread starter might be too busy working on em or at em. lol Brothers witht the six packs come here to tell us indirectly what Allah has blessed you with under your shirts.lol May Allah bless you with more...
Aameen

youngsister
09-10-2008, 10:12 AM
:sl: Burn more than you eat

um nancy
09-25-2008, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
{And that man can have nothing but what he strives for.} (An-Najm 53:39)

Allah wont just shape it into him (requires action.....bt then again for some it comes down to genes. My brothers have it but they dont seem to work out much.
salam, its not allah who will physically shape it for him, but prayer ad du'a will give him the strength to keep up the routine of doing sit ups and crunches. its always the hard things we give up on, salat (prayer) keeps us going, striving for sucess. oh 6packs also take healthy eating and lots of water, it gets easier once your in a set routine. for me it was 5x a day prayer that got me in2 excersise so i would pary, feel good, do excersise after every prayer, and feel even better.
bless u all

roohani.doctor
09-26-2008, 08:47 AM
pilates anyone? it works for me IF i keep up with it...not the six pack part but a healthy lifestyle...

check out this video:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7lEFr9LNaA

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.