/* */

PDA

View Full Version : English language requirements

Bittersteel
08-06-2008, 03:02 PM
I got a D grade in my English GCE O level exam.Will this hurt my chances in applying in universities in the UK?I mean will I be rejected outright?
I got 6 As FYI in rest of my GCE Os.

since I am international can I compensate this by giving IELTS?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
08-12-2008, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziz
I got a D grade in my English GCE O level exam.Will this hurt my chances in applying in universities in the UK?I mean will I be rejected outright?
I got 6 As FYI in rest of my GCE Os.

since I am international can I compensate this by giving IELTS?
Hmm, it will differ really. What University are you applying for?

I'll be doing clearing on Thursday :exhausted

I know of Universities that will take DD

Are you planning to take English Language as a degree?

chacha_jalebi
08-12-2008, 06:36 PM
if your not applyin for a english degree then it should be fine, what were you overall ucas points!

i think clearin is a load of crap! when you apply for a course in that uni, they reject you based on your predicted grades, and then they miracously have places and they offer you places to fill up their uni after the results ..... in your dreams you rejected me once and no :p

also like the people that flopped, clearin gives them a chance to get into top unis lol, and thats just unfair!! :(

Pk_#2
08-12-2008, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
if your not applyin for a english degree then it should be fine, what were you overall ucas points!

i think clearin is a load of crap! when you apply for a course in that uni, they reject you based on your predicted grades, and then they miracously have places and they offer you places to fill up their uni after the results ..... in your dreams you rejected me once and no :p

also like the people that flopped, clearin gives them a chance to get into top unis lol, and thats just unfair!! :(
How dare you, you got a second chance!! Not our fault you got crap grades (predicted or not) :thumbs_up Only kiddin' Am sho your a geek now stop messing.

Thread starter - You are abroad arn't you?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
08-12-2008, 06:50 PM
^ actually i got accepted by my 2nd choice uni, 1st choice wer jus gay, i bet now they are regrettin it :D

jus cause clarifyin is gona help you out :mmokay: psssh

as long as you passed ucas requirements then its fine bro, also isnt a bit late to apply to uni right now?

bewildred
08-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Well, if you're applying for a degree in English, it's gonna be tough for you. Otherwise, I think, you've got some chances left.

Pk_#2
08-12-2008, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bewildred
Well, if you're applying for a degree in English, it's gonna be tough for you. Otherwise, I think, you've got some chances left.
Woo hoo some hope!!

And chacha, No it isn't & I spat on your sweets, you still wan em?

ayan333
08-12-2008, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Da'watul-Allaah
Woo hoo some hope!!

And chacha, No it isn't & I spat on your sweets, you still wan em?

:sl:

wo wi need to start thinking bout collage...imean i have 1 year left Insh ALLAH

Dream school: Umm AL-Qura uni in Mekka...subhanALLAH,if i get excepted i dnt no what ill do.Pray for me thanks

o hope ALLAH (SWA) makes it easy for all of us ,Insh ALLAH,Ameen

:w:

Re.TiReD
08-12-2008, 08:51 PM
:salamext:

Lol not even one decent'ish reply....tsssk :p

Bro you're an International student....(From Bangladesh it seems?)...If your English aint up to scratch its entirely possible that they'll make you do a course in English or an English degree before you're allowed to proceed in doing your chosen degree.

I know the above because some Arab bro's at uni wanted to do Law but they were made to do English first since it wasnt of a good standard to begin with. Main thing you need to do Akhee is ask em yourself insha'Allah

All the best.

WassalamuAlaykum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.