/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dawud Wharnsby - Midnight (Extended Music Video)

roohani.doctor
08-07-2008, 12:58 AM
:sl:

I had a question regarding this music video, its about a guy acceptin islam and havin to leave his girfriend because she is not b able to...I usually love Dawud's nasheeds, but with this one I wasnt exactly sure if you can call it a nasheed? While i agree people have different ideas about music in islam, but since watchin the video I've been kinda confused, is this wut dawah is comin to? making a music video thats against all the rules in islam? Is it even appropriate to recite such a nasheed?
I'm merely asking a question and dont mean to offend anyone. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQavjtpYEkk

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdur Rahmaan
08-07-2008, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by londonfog

I had a question regarding this music video, its about a guy acceptin islam and havin to leave his girfriend because she is not b able to...I usually love Dawud's nasheeds, but with this one I wasnt exactly sure if you can call it a nasheed? While i agree people have different ideas about music in islam, but since watchin the video I've been kinda confused, is this wut dawah is comin to? making a music video thats against all the rules in islam? Is it even appropriate to recite such a nasheed?
I'm merely asking a question and dont mean to offend anyone. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQavjtpYEkk

You are right sis. I also love his previous nasheeds, they reminded you of Allah and the Prophet but I would not call this a nasheed but a "music video". It has music in it, haram relationship, does not even the mention the name of Allah once, and does not bring me closer to Allah. I haven't listen to his recent "nasheeds" but his past nasheeds are beautiful.

roohani.doctor
08-09-2008, 12:25 AM
jazakallah khair brother for your answer.

I love his old nasheeds but am now reluctant to watch any new ones. :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.