/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Alright guys, I think i'm ready.

Tyrion
08-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Okay, i'm a born muslim.. almost 17. (in about 3 days.. woooo! ) and i think i'm finally ready to SERIOUSLY become a "good" muslim. all these years, i've just been slacking off. i'm pretty well versed in the religion though, and i know a lot about it, but i've just been lazy.. stuff like not doing my prayers, or being mean to some people. but yeah, i think i'm finally ready to start changing myself, and i was wondering if you all had any advice(aside from doing prayers, because i already plan on doing that. ). :) anything would be greatly appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Blue Rose
08-09-2008, 12:37 PM
be patient... :thumbs_up

Ansariyah
08-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Hang with good people, make plenty of dua for Allah to guide u.:sunny:

shud be telling that myself actually..:X

Sahabiyaat
08-09-2008, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
but i've just been lazy.. stuff like not doing my prayers, or being mean to some people.
so being mean is part of not being practising, :rollseyes

best advice is, it might sound simple, but put in the effort!
If you want something, you have to get off your backside and get it.
force yourself to pray on time (although this is advice for myself :-[)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eeman
08-09-2008, 05:09 PM
salam alaikum,
i'd just like to add one thing on, by merely praying and fasting it does not make one a true muslim, you need to read the quran as much as you can understand it and implement its teachins in your life regards every aspect.

ma salam

julie sarri
08-09-2008, 05:32 PM
being good to parents and keeping good relationships with relatives

Re.TiReD
08-09-2008, 07:07 PM
:salamext:

Masha'Allah you've come to a great realisation...You know what I think is the most important thing...To remember Allah (swt) in everything you do and to fear him. Fear of Him alone should drive you away from bad deeds and bad conduct.

Anytime you do something, stop and think...Would Allah (swt) be pleased with this? Make the best use of your time by reciting the Qur'aan and standing up in prayer at night. Know that Allah will only help you if you try to help yourself, also that any 'ilm gained which is not followed up by action is a waste.

All the best Akhee

WassalamuAlaykum

glo
08-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Just wondering, could somebody is Tyrion's situation say Shahadah again - just to demonstrate his commitment to Islam? Or is that something one would only do once in ones life?

Re.TiReD
08-11-2008, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Just wondering, could somebody is Tyrion's situation say Shahadah again - just to demonstrate his commitment to Islam? Or is that something one would only do once in ones life?
He should recite it again by all means.....He can say it 100 times a day with 100% utter conviction and it'd just increase him in rewards...in short- no harm in it at all.

S1aveofA11ah
08-11-2008, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
Okay, i'm a born muslim.. almost 17. (in about 3 days.. woooo! ) and i think i'm finally ready to SERIOUSLY become a "good" muslim. all these years, i've just been slacking off. i'm pretty well versed in the religion though, and i know a lot about it, but i've just been lazy.. stuff like not doing my prayers, or being mean to some people. but yeah, i think i'm finally ready to start changing myself, and i was wondering if you all had any advice(aside from doing prayers, because i already plan on doing that. ). :) anything would be greatly appreciated.

I pray for your success (ameen) and always remember to put the kalimah first and foremost in your life and strive to understand what it means with its conditions.

At the same time fend off and be aware of the nullifiers of Islam - what could be worse than thinking you are a Muslim when you are doing things which destroy your Islam like Shirk, Kufr, Joking about parts of Islam e.g. making jokes about the Prophet (peace be upon him) or the Qur'an, or Magic etc. Look into the nullifiers to protect yourself.

I mention these things as much of the Ummah is stooped in things like grave worship i.e. Shirk which has led to our humiliated state.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.