/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I become a muslim?

cheytie
08-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Hi all. Peace to you.
I'm really nervous and don't know where to begin, so I'm just going to come out and say it. I can feel myself being drawn to Islam. I am a lapsed catholic and have been on the net loads for months, reading all that I can, and I still want to be a muslim. Here is where I find myself stuck. What do I have to do? Can I go to the mosque? What will they think of me? Will they welcome me? Will they want me to do anything? These and lots more questions are spinning in my head. I hope you can help. Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
08-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Cheytie..Hi

You can take your Shahada urself actually. Until you find a mosque u can visit. Yes they will help you and welcome u InshaAllah. They wont think anything bad of u. So dont worry pls. We are brothers and sisters.

To become a Muslim one must simply pronounce the Shahaada (Declaration of Faith) with sincerity and conviction.

The Shahadah can be declared as follows:

"ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH".

The English translation is:

"I bear witness that there is no deity worthy to be worshiped but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger."

here is a video u can watch in the meanwhile:sunny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfZ4wcpOv5A

Ansariyah
08-09-2008, 11:48 AM
This is another beautiful video you should watch. It shows InshaALlah wat will await you in the mosque. the brotherhood (depending if ur a bro or a sis..u will get the same from the sisters..(the hugs etc)....:sunny:

Here is the video..it might make u cry...be warned.:-[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTiqs...eature=related

May Allah guide u always ameen.

Danah
08-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Welcome to Islam
May Allah guide you to the best right way
I think you should pronounce the Shahadah as the previous sister said. or you can even say it in any nearby mosque
just go to any nearby mosque or islamic center on your area and they will welcome you happily and tell you what to do in sha allah
if possible you tell us where you are living so if any one live in the same area they will tell you where you can go in sha allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
YusufNoor
08-09-2008, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheytie
Hi all. Peace to you.
I'm really nervous and don't know where to begin, so I'm just going to come out and say it. I can feel myself being drawn to Islam. I am a lapsed catholic and have been on the net loads for months, reading all that I can, and I still want to be a muslim. Here is where I find myself stuck. What do I have to do? Can I go to the mosque?

absolutely, find the closest Masjid [Arabic term for Mosque; OK, technically mosque is the English word for Masjid :D]

What will they think of me?

Alhumdulillah, NOTHING brightens up the day of a Muslim as someone returning to the faith that Allah[swt] created him in!

Will they welcome me?

In Sha'a Allah [which means "If Allah wills it], they wil be overjoyed to welcome you!

Will they want me to do anything?

declare your Shahada in front of witnesses and hopefully, In Sha'a Allah, someone will show you how to make wuduu [before prayers we make wuduu] and someone will explain ghusl [a type a shower similar to baptism that you can do at home VERY SHORTLY after your Shahadah] also, it would be good if they assign someone, a mentor to guide and teach you.

These and lots more questions are spinning in my head. I hope you can help. Thank you.
:sl:

go to the Masjid ASAP, try to make sure that you go into the MEN'S door! [we have separate entrances for men and the women] TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF! then go inside and ask either for help or to be directed to the Imam. he will tell you everything that you need to know, In Sha'a Allah.

May Allah[swt] guide you and make it easy on you!

:sl:

Yusuf [former Catholic]

Makky
08-09-2008, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheytie
Hi all. Peace to you.
I'm really nervous and don't know where to begin, so I'm just going to come out and say it. I can feel myself being drawn to Islam. I am a lapsed catholic and have been on the net loads for months, reading all that I can, and I still want to be a muslim. Here is where I find myself stuck. What do I have to do? Can I go to the mosque? What will they think of me? Will they welcome me? Will they want me to do anything? These and lots more questions are spinning in my head. I hope you can help. Thank you.

Brother cheytie Assalam Alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh ...add me to your MSN so I can teach you How to recite the Shahada in Arabic

I'm really very happy ..congratualtion brother...You know now you are better than me and than most of us here... because all your sins insha Allah will be erased once you declare Shahada !!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.