/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How legal is reunion.com?

جوري
08-09-2008, 06:28 PM
If some of you living in the US search on google for your name you'll most likely find it under reunion.com

I was looking at a publication I had written to see if it is on the web when I found my name along with most of my family members on this site called reunion.com

It took me an hour to get through as furious as I was, and all the woman could say was, this information is public records that anyone could get from city hall and we simply combine it and out it on the web in case your old friends are trying to reach you..

I told her, this is a breach of privacy and it simply a way to let stalkers find out where you live, your phone number address etc
there is a reason you lose some individuals in your life and don't want to eb found by them, and she goes like I said this is all public record which we combine on our website..

I asked her to remove the rest of my family members and she said they'd have to call in individually.. can you believe what this country is turning into?..
There has to be a legal avenue to prevent these people from doing this.. further I am not even sure how they are being paid?

How odd, it is like imposing myspace on you and forcing you to give out personal information if you wish to opt out.. she deleted it yesterday but I am seeing it again on google today...

I really am not sure what to do about this?..

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
08-09-2008, 06:31 PM
as salaam ma alaykam sister

hope your tick tock

its like when people on facebook somehow manage to dig up old pictures of you, and then post them, even if they dont talk to you anymore lol, but they jus wana impress people worrevaa you lonersss!!

complain to the site, you dont want your details on there, they have to take it off, and if not, then im lookin forward to hearin a court case, where you win and split the money wit me :D cause i gav you the idea, but seriosly thats a breach of privacy innit and againist the law!!

Re.TiReD
08-09-2008, 06:33 PM
:salamext:

Wow....SubhanAllah! Erm....I'm kinda like you when it comes to things like these :exhausted :skeleton: but yesterday I got this letter through the post asking if I wanted my details to be put on the public register and I opted out...Dunno what its like in the US though :skeleton:

WassalamuAlaykum

جوري
08-09-2008, 06:51 PM
^^ at least they gave you the option no? every three years I enter us into this don't call, don't post information for public records through a govt number I was given, so that people don't solicit you over the phone, and for the most part it is good, a few still call and I threaten that it is against the law so they stop.. but, I can't believe the nerve of those people, and I can't imagine my poor dad or mom waiting on the phone for 40 minutes if lucky to speak to a moron to get their records removed. There is a place for comments and blogging and all underneath your name for folks to leave you threatening messages lol..

I can't tell you how I detest these sites whether voluntary or by force...I can't imagine why people would post their info and pictures out there for all to see? It is so exploitive.....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-09-2008, 10:00 PM
I try to be as careful as I possibly could with my personal details but things like these get to me SO MUCH!

جوري
08-09-2008, 10:12 PM
I don't understand why in this country your personal info can be public record? especially if you are not a criminal... it just makes no sense to me...

Nawal89
08-10-2008, 12:48 AM
^ Of course they say its for our safety incase we "turn out" to be criminals. No such thing as privacy nowdays. :(

arabianprincess
08-10-2008, 03:30 AM
salam wa 3lykom

do u mean u didnt register over there... i mean how would they put it,,,, n does that mean everyone is in there geezzz..

جوري
08-10-2008, 04:28 AM
Of course I didn't register, hence my shock and rage...
she said this info is in city hall and everyone is entitled to it, they merely gather it and put it on a website..
fact is who will bother go to city hall to find such random info? but anyone and everyone visits the web everyday and can basically make you target to harassement or worst.

Imagine you have some publications science or politics or whatever and someone dislikes you or your work, now they know your name, age, number and address.. plus they can leave you comments on the website itself... can you imagine?

I put in my childhood friend whom I'd lost touch with to see if it applies to everyone and now I know she lives in short hills NJ, her number and the fact that she enrolled in some sort of running marathon..... I wonder if she herself knows all this stuff is posted out there about her...

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Im sure UK isnt that bad, hope not!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.