/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Scared of marriage-need advice

anonymous
08-10-2008, 09:33 AM
as the title says it. im scared of getting married. actually rather im scared of the mentality of my future hubbi. you see i grew up seeing my mum copping a beating almost everyday from my dad :cry::'( and well ive just grown a fear/hatred/insecurity of men. :cry: im worried about the guy i will, (inshllah) get married to.
in islam the hubbi's rights are great and i will inshallah treat my hubbi well and all, but what if i get someone who abuses/uses his rights over me. what if he turns out to be the biggest idiot :X ill feel so trapped and irritated!:enough!: what do i do then?:cry:
this is just weighing me down:cry::-[

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
08-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Greetings, anonymous

Is there a man you are going to marry, or are you just speaking hypothetically?

I suggest that you find help in working through the abuse you witnessed as a child. No wonder it has affected how you view men ... :(

I also suggest you take a lot of time to get to know (and trust) your hubby-to-be.
There are many wonderful loving and caring men out there - but you have to recognise that for yourself!

To be honest (and this is probably completely unIslamic), I think that spending time (appropriately and safely) with men may help you to learn that not all men are evil!

Don't rush into anything. Take your time and be patient! Seek professional help.

I hope things will work out for you,and you find the best man IN THE WORLD! :D

Eeman
08-11-2008, 04:56 PM
salam alaikum sis, who said in islam that the hubby's rights are greater???????
men and women are equal in islam so dont forget that.
stick to your salah sis and make loads of dua and ask Allah swt to bestow upon you a righteous husband....
or if it has already been arranged then pray for this guy Insha'Allah i pray that Allah swt answers all your duas and bestows your future marriage Insha'Allah with many barakahs and happiness and joy.

ma salama:)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-11-2008, 06:18 PM
:sl:

Most Muslim men aren't like that, Alhamdullilah. Check out:

http://iwannagetmarried.com/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
08-11-2008, 06:28 PM
men and women have equal rights in marriage!!!!!!!!

sister, not all men are like that, its easy to do, but you shouldnt base your assumptions on a majority of people, just because of one or a few of them, thats like me sayin, all bangalis love fish:p but not all of them do, or all blacks are thiefs, because its not true

and even if majority of men are fools or idiots, remember there are still some decent people out there, like the Prophet (saw) he was a man! remember enough said! :D

now marriage fear, you cant know somethin till you actually see it, before you marry the person, your allowed to see them and even arrange a halaal meetin, so you can get to know them! dont be afraid of somethin, you aint experienced thats my advice

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.