/* */

PDA

View Full Version : christian nuns praying to Allah swt?????????

Eeman
08-11-2008, 01:42 AM
salam alaikum everyone, i pray that this thread Insha'Allah finds you in the best health and imaan...

just have a question my friend told me that she was watching a documentary called "Inside the Koran" and in the documentary they said something about a branch of people who are Christians, pray in a church, the women are called nuns, but they prayed directly to Allah (SWT).
I found it very interesting.
They pray not to Jesus, but to Allah, and their holy language is Arabic.

Do you have any information about these Christian Muslims?

cos i tried to search it but didnt come up with anything.

Jazak'Allah khair for your replies.

ma salama.:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
08-11-2008, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eeman
salam alaikum everyone, i pray that this thread Insha'Allah finds you in the best health and imaan...

just have a question my friend told me that she was watching a documentary called "Inside the Koran" and in the documentary they said something about a branch of people who are Christians, pray in a church, the women are called nuns, but they prayed directly to Allah (SWT).

:w:

Are you sure they aren't talking about Muslim Sisters? :D

Eeman
08-11-2008, 02:05 AM
no bro i asked too she said no it was actual christian nuns :skeleton:

Questfortruth
08-11-2008, 02:12 AM

Many arab christians pray to Allah Swt. Also I think the sect is called Coptic not sure.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
08-11-2008, 09:30 AM
My roomate (during my university years) told me that our Method of Da'wah lecturer disguised as a nun and was brought into the vatican by crypto-Muslim nuns and she managed to Islamise several nuns...

Well... it just a hearsay evidence....

Malaikah
08-11-2008, 09:44 AM
:sl:

It doesn't sound all that special. Christian Arabs call God Allah. It's nothing new, they are still Christian, it's just the name they use. Christian Arabs I know even say things like alhamdulillah and inshaAllah.

north_malaysian
08-11-2008, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

It doesn't sound all that special. Christian Arabs call God Allah. It's nothing new, they are still Christian, it's just the name they use. Christian Arabs I know even say things like alhamdulillah and inshaAllah.
A very ...very...logical explanation...

I've heard Arabic Christian prayers - they use Allah too

Danah
08-11-2008, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
A very ...very...logical explanation...

I've heard Arabic Christian prayers - they use Allah too
me too I heard that, those Christians are Coptic and the majority of them are in Egypt if I am not mistaken

hamzahm
08-11-2008, 04:35 PM

As-Salaamu Alaykum WRWB

These nuns who pray to ALLAH (swt) but haven't taken their shahaadah in front of witnesses, are KAAFIRAAT and their deeds are like a mirage in a desert. Their good deeds will ONLY be accepted if they do it under the ambit of SHAHAADAH and SHAREE'AH of ISLAM ....

And ALLAH knows best!

Questfortruth
08-11-2008, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hamzahm

As-Salaamu Alaykum WRWB

These nuns who pray to ALLAH (swt) but haven't taken their shahaadah in front of witnesses, are KAAFIRAAT and their deeds are like a mirage in a desert. Their good deeds will ONLY be accepted if they do it under the ambit of SHAHAADAH and SHAREE'AH of ISLAM ....

And ALLAH knows best!
So if a person does not take shahadah infront of a witness that person is still kaffir? I mean a person becomes muslims then dies without a witness does that mean he died a kaffir?

Questfortruth
08-11-2008, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

My family physician is an arab christian. She says alhumdillah, Inshallah, bishmillah etc.. Her name is Fatima. So i thought she was muslim then she told me she is Coptic Christian.

Eeman
08-11-2008, 06:37 PM
salam everyone... awww bless you all...
Jazak'Allah khair everyone for your short responses but Alhumdillilah all of it put together has made up the picture crystal clear.:):)

wa salam

hamzahm
08-13-2008, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth
So if a person does not take shahadah infront of a witness that person is still kaffir? I mean a person becomes muslims then dies without a witness does that mean he died a kaffir?
As-Salaamu Alaikum WRWB to all following the guidance

Yes, the person reverting to Islam has to testify in the presence of Muslim witnesses for their testimony to be legitimate. Also, the revert MUST know what he or she is testifying to, so therefore prior knowledge of Islam is incumbent. The Shahaadah comes with 7 conditions and the first condition is KNOWLEDGE.

However, if the revert is marooned on an Island and there are no witnesses, then this would be an exception from my limited knowledge.

ALLAH knows best!

north_malaysian
08-14-2008, 04:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
me too I heard that, those Christians are Coptic and the majority of them are in Egypt if I am not mistaken
Christians in Egypt are mostly belong to Coptic Orthodox Church. In Lebanon, mostly belong to Maronite Catholic Church.

Plus many ethnic Assyrians, Armenians and Greeks in the Middle East speak Arabic.

north_malaysian
08-14-2008, 05:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth
My family physician is an arab christian. She says alhumdillah, Inshallah, bishmillah etc.. Her name is Fatima. So i thought she was muslim then she told me she is Coptic Christian.
Sir Joshua Abraham Hassan - the first Chief Minister of Gibraltar is a Jew.
Nasrallah Boutros Sfeir - Cardinal Bishop of Maonite Church

i_m_tipu
08-14-2008, 05:08 AM

WalikumAssalam Sis
I never heard this kind of Christan.. Wow..

BlackMamba
08-14-2008, 05:50 AM
The documentary "Inside the Koran " was just plain horrible I was angry throughout the documentary, except the first 10 minutes which looked very promising. The only thinng learned was that Shias do almost as much shirk as Christians

And those nuns made me mad too. They were using the word that we Muslims use (Allah). And at he same time were doing so much shirk. But at least theyre livin proof that Islam was not spread by the sword

glo
08-14-2008, 06:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
And those nuns made me mad too. They were using the word that we Muslims use (Allah). And at he same time were doing so much shirk. But at least theyre livin proof that Islam was not spread by the sword
What other word should Arabic speaking Christians use for God, if not the Arabic one: Allah??

north_malaysian
08-14-2008, 08:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
What other word should Arabic speaking Christians use for God, if not the Arabic one: Allah??
For "Bismillah" (In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful), some Arab Christians replace it with "Bismil Abi wal Ibni wal Ruhi Al Qudusi" (In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit)..

The also call Jesus as "Yasu'" or "Al Fady" (The Saviour)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.