/* */

PDA

View Full Version : a new war

IbnAbdulHakim
08-11-2008, 09:52 AM
so georgia are getting massacred by russia.

whats going to happen next? does anyone have any idea?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tania
08-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Russia wants the land which is rich in something (i don't know the english word). Bush who see a new oportunity for his bombs wish to send the army there.
I sympathise with then innocent civilians trapped in the face of this powers, without to have where to run.

MaiCarInMtl
08-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Can someone please enlighten me as to why Russia decided to invade Georgia in the first place? It was never specified in the news. I can only speculate what may be their reasons or what "cover" they might use to justify their actions, but I would like to know if any "official" reason was given.

Thank you.

PS Tania, I also sympathise with the innocent civilians. I believe I heard that the count is now at 2000 people. God help these people and their families.

The_Prince
08-11-2008, 04:01 PM
it started when georgia attacked a group of people in the region who want to breakaway from georiga. the rebels are allied with Russia, and Russia came in to help them. georgia's starting operation against the rebels had israeli millitary advisors helping them out as well, but that wont get mentioned in the main stream western news agencies. and yes this whole conflict is about building a pipeline in that region, a pipeline which Israel is very interested in.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amadeus85
08-11-2008, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
it started when georgia attacked a group of people in the region who want to breakaway from georiga. the rebels are allied with Russia, and Russia came in to help them. georgia's starting operation against the rebels had israeli millitary advisors helping them out as well, but that wont get mentioned in the main stream western news agencies. and yes this whole conflict is about building a pipeline in that region, a pipeline which Israel is very interested in.
A pipeline that can provide only way to sell oil from Caucas without Russia influence. So its a case important to whole Western Europe which is using russian energy.

Keltoi
08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
The U.S. will not become directly involved in anything other than diplomatic missions with an envoy. Going to war with a fellow member of the Security Council would make the U.N. nothing but a building...which many would say it already is anyway. That doesn't mean the U.S. won't give aid to Georgia through arms sales and advisors.

The_Prince
08-11-2008, 07:07 PM
russia is using strong force to send a message, since georgia is simply a proxy for the US and Europe including Israel.

Re.TiReD
08-12-2008, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

I see dead people :skeleton:

Keltoi
08-12-2008, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
russia is using strong force to send a message, since georgia is simply a proxy for the US and Europe including Israel.
Georgia has their own interests in this conflict, not just as a proxy.

Fishman
08-12-2008, 10:53 PM
:sl:
IMO Russia had every right to go in there to defend the south Ossetians from attack, just like NATO had every right to protect Kosovo. The Georgians were the agressors, they declared war first, and they attacked first.

However, if Russia starts using heavy-handed tactics (ie. what Israel did in Lebanon) I would probably stop agreeing with them.
:w:

Questfortruth
08-12-2008, 10:56 PM
I noticed some muslims are supporting Russia. First, Russia killed millions of muslims in Afghanistan and Chechaniya. Second, Russia is an oppressive dictatorship that does not allow anyone to practise their religion. So if I had to choose a side I rather support a western country then Russia.

Questfortruth
08-12-2008, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

The wars are going to escalate until there is a nuclear holocaust.

Fishman
08-12-2008, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth
I noticed some muslims are supporting Russia. First, Russia killed millions of muslims in Afghanistan and Chechaniya. Second, Russia is an oppressive dictatorship that does not allow anyone to practise their religion. So if I had to choose a side I rather support a western country then Russia.
Russia is not a Communist country anymore.

The Chechnya thing is interesting though. Why does Russia care about South Ossetia's independence from Georgia, when they won't let Chechnya go themselves? Still, that doesn't change the fact that the Georgians are the agressors, it just makes the Russians hypocrites.

The wars are going to escalate until there is a nuclear holocaust.
Even though both sides have decided to withdraw?

Questfortruth
08-12-2008, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Russia is not a Communist country anymore.

The Chechnya thing is interesting though. Why does Russia care about South Ossetia's independence from Georgia, when they won't let Chechnya go themselves? Still, that doesn't change the fact that the Georgians are the agressors, it just makes the Russians hypocrites.

Even though both sides have decided to withdraw?
I never said Russia was a communist state. I said Russia is an oppressive dictatorship. I rather not support either Russia or Georgia as they both are evil countries. Since 9/11 happened did we see decrease in wars or increase? You actually think after 2000 + civilians die and thats it the war is done because both sides decided to withdraw.

north_malaysian
08-13-2008, 12:59 AM
A substantial minority among the Ossetians and Abkhazs are Muslims...

There are ethnic Georgians who are Muslims too....

There are Muslims in both sides....and I dont think that this war has something to do with religion.

Nawal89
08-13-2008, 01:06 AM
Nobody is supporting Russia. We're just stating facts that georgia did start the first attack. And Russia has every right to defend its people. I dont support any of them.

Abdul-Raouf
08-13-2008, 01:43 AM
The Russian president, Dmitry Medvedev, today ordered an end to the military offensive in Georgia.

...Russian military officials confirmed that forces would remain where they were until there was a reaction from the Georgian government in Tblisi...

source : http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...russia.georgia

Questfortruth
08-13-2008, 02:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
A substantial minority among the Ossetians and Abkhazs are Muslims...

There are ethnic Georgians who are Muslims too....

There are Muslims in both sides....and I dont think that this war has something to do with religion.
I dont believe this war is about religion. But I refuse to support Russia like some muslims because Russia killed millions of Muslims.

Questfortruth
08-13-2008, 02:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
Nobody is supporting Russia. We're just stating facts that georgia did start the first attack. And Russia has every right to defend its people. I dont support any of them.
How do you know nobody is supporting Russia? I talked to many muslim brothers they said that they support Russia. I was never talking about this forum more a general thing I noticed among muslims. Screw Russia they have no right to defend the same people they terrorize every day.

Muezzin
08-13-2008, 10:00 AM
IMO Russia had every right to go in there to defend the south Ossetians from attack, just like NATO had every right to protect Kosovo. The Georgians were the agressors, they declared war first, and they attacked first.

However, if Russia starts using heavy-handed tactics (ie. what Israel did in Lebanon) I would probably stop agreeing with them.
They've kinda been using heavy-handed tactics from the get-go.

Amadeus85
08-13-2008, 04:11 PM

I am not expert in this, but from what I know, Osetia and Abhazia are parts of Georgia annected by Russians in late 80's- ealry 90's. The people there are not Russians but Georgians with russian passports. So Sakashvily wanted to take back part of his country annected bu Russia.

Fishman
08-13-2008, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
I am not expert in this, but from what I know, Osetia and Abhazia are parts of Georgia annected by Russians in late 80's- ealry 90's. The people there are not Russians but Georgians with russian passports. So Sakashvily wanted to take back part of his country annected bu Russia.
North Ossetians are Russians, and the South Ossetians are in no hurry to escape from Russia.

Speak of the devil, Russian-backed South Ossetian thugs have been looting and kidnapping Georgians today.

north_malaysian
08-14-2008, 05:15 AM
North Ossetians are Russians, and the South Ossetians are in no hurry to escape from Russia.

Speak of the devil, Russian-backed South Ossetian thugs have been looting and kidnapping Georgians today.
Ossetes are Iranic Zoroastrian people converted to Christianity, later on a substantial minority of them converted to Islam.

But many Muslims converted to Christianity after the Beslan tragedy. Ossetes' land is divided into two - North Ossetia in Russia and South Ossetia in Georgia...

Georgians are mainly Christians, but there are also substantial minority among ethnic Georgians who converted to Islam, these Islamised Georgians are known as the Lazes, Mingrelians and Adjarians.

Most of ethnic Georgians who are Muslims live in Adjaria (who is a staunch supporter of Georgia). But after sakashvili won the election Christianization was encourage in Adjaria. Today, only 30% of the Adjarians are Muslims (before it was more than 50%)...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!