/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Praying at school problem!!!`

ayan333
08-11-2008, 08:32 PM
:sl:

lucky me,i started school today(summer went by so quick) anyways Alhamdulilha ALLAH (SWA) put the love for Prayer in my heart and now that ive started school i have a big problem...

im still at school during Duhr Prayer...going in school i new i wasnt going to miss Salat anymore because i use to Pray when i get home around almost 3..ok so i went to my counslor he was all for it,Prayer at school that is,so he transfered me to another counsler who could help me.she said that she could provide a private place for me to Pray during my lunch time,which by the way is only22 min,but enough for me to make Wadu and Pray.Now,my lunch is at 12:25 to 12:45 n Duhr isnt untill 1:42.

i told her that Prayer has a specific time and there is no way i can Pray a different time,she said i cant Pray dunring 6th period which is when i should be Praying Duhr...so what choices do i have left..

choice 1: Pray early,which is not allowed
choice 2: Praying late(@ 3ish when i get home form school)

any advice?

has anyone been in thi situation?

any advice would help and greatly be appreciated

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nájlá
08-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Bump

IbnAbdulHakim
08-12-2008, 10:07 AM
i see nothing wrong with praying when you get home as long as the time for dhuhr hasnt passed.

but when zuhr doesnt last long, and by the time you get home its asr, you gotta make those teachers kNOW

i took some serious letters from my parents in before, it worked

Danah
08-12-2008, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i see nothing wrong with praying when you get home as long as the time for dhuhr hasnt passed.

but when zuhr doesnt last long, and by the time you get home its asr, you gotta make those teachers kNOW

i took some serious letters from my parents in before, it worked
I agree
try to ask help from your parents sis, In sha Allah you will find a solution

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Zaara
08-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Selam aleykum,

In all honesty, you know what I use to do in situations like that (which happens)? I know it may be bad because it involves lying, but sometimes I have no other choice, may Allah forgive me!!

I tell the teacher I have to go to the toilet. I have my prayermat or the like hidden somewhere close by and pray as fast as I can, for I know I'd miss it completely later on. No one usually sees me, the corridors are empty 'cause everyone is on class. If the teacher says "that took time", I say "the closest toilets weren't working/were busy and I had to go further". :-[

chacha_jalebi
08-12-2008, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Selam aleykum,

In all honesty, you know what I use to do in situations like that (which happens)? I know it may be bad because it involves lying, but sometimes I have no other choice, may Allah forgive me!!

I tell the teacher I have to go to the toilet. I have my prayermat or the like hidden somewhere close by and pray as fast as I can, for I know I'd miss it completely later on. No one usually sees me, the corridors are empty 'cause everyone is on class. If the teacher says "that took time", I say "the closest toilets weren't working/were busy and I had to go further". :-[
thats what i was gona say:D

also 1st few weeks attend the lesson so you look all good and that and then you will probably make some friends in that lesson, use and abuse them :D, get them to make notes whilst you bunk and then you wont have a problem for prayer

also gets few other muslims, just say we need to be excused from the class for 5-10 mins, if not then take the bunkin way!!!!

ayan333
08-12-2008, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
thats what i was gona say:D

also 1st few weeks attend the lesson so you look all good and that and then you will probably make some friends in that lesson, use and abuse them :D, get them to make notes whilst you bunk and then you wont have a problem for prayer

also gets few other muslims, just say we need to be excused from the class for 5-10 mins, if not then take the bunkin way!!!!
Selam aleykum,

thanks for psoting everyone

but wow!!! i wouldnt ever have to take it that far when im at skool...i no if i really push it i can find some where to Pray or ull see my on the evening news (lol)

but thats rediculous...i Prayed in a bathroom one time when i use to "Play basketball" but i swear ill never do it it again,i jus cant imagine worshipping ALLAH (SWA) in a bathroom where angles dnt even come in but i understand what u mean,got to do wut u got to do...but in others school that my friends go to the school lets all the Muslim students go forPrayer,they have a specific room any everything,they all Pray togeather,but thats cuz they have alot of Muslims students and at my school u cant differtiate between the Muslims ad the non-muslims,thats how it is in america,either they're in hidding or u cant tell,thats jus how it is.although Duhr isnt over when i get homw,i jus feel guilty not Praying on time,i cant stand Praying late!!! theres a certain time u must Pray and no buts about...thats jus how i feel about it now...

i sometimes think about,if i was to die on my way home from school or something,jus cant take the risk you know

Alhamdulilah though,they said theyll change my schedule so i can have work release(when you leave school to go to work ) 6th pd so ill have time to get home or even better,i can go to the Masjid which is on the way there anyway,but the only problem is that i dnt have a car yet,got to convince my Father fast Insh ALLAH...till then i have no choice,unless i have a friend who can take me home evryday

well shukran everyone for the advice

BlackMamba
08-12-2008, 11:01 PM
What's the problem with just praying at home at 3? Where I'm at, the hanafi Asr starts at 5:20, so I can technically pray Zuhr till maybe 5:15. As long as it's in the time limits, then no need to make it difficult. Allah wants to make it easy.

But for the brohers, we do have somewhat of a problem when it comes to Jumma cuz that's not somehong you can just pray at home on your own. You need at least 3 people to do jumma. So in my highschool we have an MSA that has jumma prayer most weeks after school in one one classroms. We might get like 5-10 people in the jammat at most, I hate seeing how many of Muslims jus blow off jumma. So what do/did u guys do when in school at the time of jumma?

ayan333
08-13-2008, 01:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
What's the problem with just praying at home at 3? Where I'm at, the hanafi Asr starts at 5:20, so I can technically pray Zuhr till maybe 5:15. As long as it's in the time limits, then no need to make it difficult. Allah wants to make it easy.

But for the brohers, we do have somewhat of a problem when it comes to Jumma cuz that's not somehong you can just pray at home on your own. You need at least 3 people to do jumma. So in my highschool we have an MSA that has jumma prayer most weeks after school in one one classroms. We might get like 5-10 people in the jammat at most, I hate seeing how many of Muslims jus blow off jumma. So what do/did u guys do when in school at the time of jumma?

well thats the thing,i dnt want to Pray late...i dnt no wut it is with me but if i delay or miss a Prayer the rest of my Prayers are idk messed up...

n plus what do i do when Duhr is at 12 ans Ars is around 4?

it jus bothers me alot!!!!

what school do you go to? is it in atl?

well the schools that i no that Pray jum'a have a large population of Musim student,Alhamdulilah,i wish i went there

i no this boy whose brother picks him up every friday since a new Masjid has been built near by,too bad its not walking distance because then u wouldnt haev a problem

coddles76
08-13-2008, 01:37 AM
Sister,

Allah SWT doesn't like to make things hard for you and he has given you extended periods of time between each prayer to pray. Utilise those times and don't go to extreme in your religion. Use the limits set by Allah SWT as Allah SWT doesn't want to burden you.
And Allah SWT knows best

ayan333
08-13-2008, 02:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
Sister,

Allah SWT doesn't like to make things hard for you and he has given you extended periods of time between each prayer to pray. Utilise those times and don't go to extreme in your religion. Use the limits set by Allah SWT as Allah SWT doesn't want to burden you.
And Allah SWT knows best

i understand sister...but im jus not comfrotable

but since i keep hearing this over and over again i guess it must be right...its just that im not use to delaying any Prayer,i almost always Pray right after the Atham but i hope it works out Insh ALLAH

Shukran sister

coddles76
08-13-2008, 02:20 AM
May Allah Bless you for you steadfastiness, You only have to use this ease that Allah SWT has given you in times of need like what you have specified. It seems like Dhor is your only concern so all other times you can pray on time. Allah SWT has given you the time limits so that you don't have to cause yourself a sense of distress. Islam is easy to adhere to, easy to fulfill and may Allah SWT bless you for your strength.

Al-Zaara
08-13-2008, 04:10 AM
Bathroom? Who said I prayed in the toilet? Astagfirullah.

I pretend I go there, I pray in the corridors, lol. I hide my prayermat somewhere hidden or give it to someone who is somewhereclose. Ah, the plans I make, sometimes I feel like an spy-agent. :-[

But seriously, there is no other way for me personally. They won't let me pray in the middle of the class depending on the teacher, it's not allowed and I respect their decision as far as I can, but those 5-10 minutes are allowed to me for toilet or the like. There I teachers whom I'll say "I'll be back soon" and they know and that's about it.

format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

thanks for psoting everyone

but wow!!! i wouldnt ever have to take it that far when im at skool...i no if i really push it i can find some where to Pray or ull see my on the evening news (lol)

but thats rediculous...i Prayed in a bathroom one time when i use to "Play basketball" but i swear ill never do it it again,i jus cant imagine worshipping ALLAH (SWA) in a bathroom where angles dnt even come in but i understand what u mean,got to do wut u got to do...but in others school that my friends go to the school lets all the Muslim students go forPrayer,they have a specific room any everything,they all Pray togeather,but thats cuz they have alot of Muslims students and at my school u cant differtiate between the Muslims ad the non-muslims,thats how it is in america,either they're in hidding or u cant tell,thats jus how it is.although Duhr isnt over when i get homw,i jus feel guilty not Praying on time,i cant stand Praying late!!! theres a certain time u must Pray and no buts about...thats jus how i feel about it now...

i sometimes think about,if i was to die on my way home from school or something,jus cant take the risk you know

Alhamdulilah though,they said theyll change my schedule so i can have work release(when you leave school to go to work ) 6th pd so ill have time to get home or even better,i can go to the Masjid which is on the way there anyway,but the only problem is that i dnt have a car yet,got to convince my Father fast Insh ALLAH...till then i have no choice,unless i have a friend who can take me home evryday

well shukran everyone for the advice

BlackMamba
08-13-2008, 04:20 AM
Allah desires ease for you, and He does not desire for you difficulty, (2:185)

But the fact that you desire so much to pray early is very good, this is the best time to pray. I have the very bad habit of waiting till the middle or end of the salat time limit to pray. But then again, I do everything else last minute too. I'm just that type of guy, need to change though.

ayan333
08-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Bathroom? Who said I prayed in the toilet?

I pretend I go there, I pray in the corridors, lol. I hide my prayermat somewhere hidden or give it to someone who is somewhereclose. Ah, the plans I make, sometimes I feel like an spy-agent. :-[

But seriously, there is no other way for me personally. They won't let me pray in the middle of the class depending on the teacher, it's not allowed and I respect their decision as far as I can, but those 5-10 minutes are allowed to me for toilet or the like. There I teachers whom I'll say "I'll be back soon" and they know and that's about it.

oooo i c im sorry!!!!

i thought you said bathroom.Astagfirullah....sorry again....

but u know,i think we have the right to Pray,Freedom of relgion.u live in america right? high school?

if i was to relly stress it then i know they would have no choice but to let me Pray

but ok thanks everyone

ayan333
08-13-2008, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
May Allah Bless you for you steadfastiness, You only have to use this ease that Allah SWT has given you in times of need like what you have specified. It seems like Dhor is your only concern so all other times you can pray on time. Allah SWT has given you the time limits so that you don't have to cause yourself a sense of distress. Islam is easy to adhere to, easy to fulfill and may Allah SWT bless you for your strength.

u c,ive never ever thought about it that way,well its never been explained to me that way,although ALhamduliah if it was then i probably delay it but its jus a habit,one i intend to keep for ever Insh ALLAH

yes,i leave for school at 6 am which Alhamdulilah never lets me miss Fajr and come home at 3,so all the other Prayers im at home for

i feel as if my reward will decrease and death always comes to mind,which is a good thing,it keeps me on alerts for al Prayers*thiugts* *"what if i die in between Prayers when i havnt Praye dalthough i was given enough time to Pray"...i jus cant imagine making it a habit

well i appreciate the advice

format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Allah desires ease for you, and He does not desire for you difficulty, (2:185)

But the fact that you desire so much to pray early is very good, this is the best time to pray. I have the very bad habit of waiting till the middle or end of the salat time limit to pray. But then again, I do everything else last minute too. I'm just that type of guy, need to change though.

yes,true,once it becomes a habit then its hard to change it,but i jus beleve that you PRayers hsow how much love you have for ALLAH (SWA) although my Prayers arent so great at times,Insh ALLAH i wnt have problems concetrating anymore,every sinces chool started my focus in Salat has decresed

well i hope you get in routine to PRay on time.

thanks again for the advice

arabianprincess
08-13-2008, 10:49 PM
salam wa 3lykom

well to be honest when i was in high school n i needed to pray i use to pray during lunch time n it was like an hour early .. its either that or after school n that would BE soo late so i think u should pray early... i asked once n they told me prayin early when needed isnt haram cuz its the best u can n as they say el deen yosr wa lesa 3sr .. :) salamz

coddles76
08-14-2008, 12:31 AM

u c,ive never ever thought about it that way,well its never been explained to me that way,although ALhamduliah if it was then i probably delay it but its jus a habit,one i intend to keep for ever Insh ALLAH

yes,i leave for school at 6 am which Alhamdulilah never lets me miss Fajr and come home at 3,so all the other Prayers im at home for

i feel as if my reward will decrease and death always comes to mind,which is a good thing,it keeps me on alerts for al Prayers*thiugts* *"what if i die in between Prayers when i havnt Praye dalthough i was given enough time to Pray"...i jus cant imagine making it a habit

well i appreciate the advice
I can sense you have the best of intentions and ALLAH SWT will reward you on your intentions. Keep your intentions of the best of standards and ALLAH SWT will reward you on those intentions. If you intended to pray and happened to pass away before you fulfilled that prayer then ALLAH SWT will reward you as if you had prayed that prayer. May ALLAH SWT keep your intentions pure till the end of time ishAllah. And Allah knows best

Al-Zaara
08-14-2008, 03:33 AM

oooo i c im sorry!!!!

i thought you said bathroom.Astagfirullah....sorry again....

but u know,i think we have the right to Pray,Freedom of relgion.u live in america right? high school?

if i was to relly stress it then i know they would have no choice but to let me Pray

but ok thanks everyone

Aleykum selam,

Nope, I live in Europe, Finland. We have freedom of religion, but it doesn't involve in the middle of the class to do anything else except listening or going to the toilet if you must. To be the only Muslim at school ain't helping either, I haven't bothered to make a great complaint, so far so good.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.