/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nice People still exist

Woodrow
08-12-2008, 12:47 AM
:sl:

For the past few weeks Aaabidah and myself havebeen having to do considerable traveling throughoutMinnesota and The Dakotas (North and South). If you remember any of my pictures, you know this is a very isolated regin and cities are hundreds of miles apartwith very little traffic on the roads.

Not a very good location to have car problems. Especially not late at night for 2 older people.

Well the inevitable happened, we had a flat tire at near midnight, last night. Although we did havea spare an the equipment, my arthritis in my hands and arms is too severe to change a tire. we were over 50 miles from the nearest town, not a car could be seen.

After a few hours of trying to change the tire we decided to just do Duas and leave it in the hands of Allaah(swt) soon we could see headlights coming down the opposite paralel road. the went on past without slowing. Suddenly they stopped and drove across the heavily wooded strip that seperated the roads. It was 2 pick up trucks filled with construction workers.

Aabidah was dressed in an abaya and in hijab I was wearing a salawar kameze (Men's type) and a kufi. It never phased the yong men that we were Muslim and they changed the tire in minutes.

We got their names and addresses, and will be sending them a Thank You gift.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nawal89
08-12-2008, 01:01 AM
MashaAllah thats awesome uncle woodrow!Sometimes i'm also struck by how nice people are..and sometimes it doesnt even include helping me out. Like one time in the bus i was half asleep and this lady came and sat next to me and said "adik ( younger sis) dont sleep like that your neck will hurt when you wake up" I didnt even know her :D

It felt really nice.

Brother_Mujahid
08-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Nice to hear sometimes that there are genuinely really good people out there. Instead of the usual teenager stabings and murders.

north_malaysian
08-12-2008, 08:53 AM
wow..... yeah, nice people still exist...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
08-12-2008, 09:14 AM
lol mashaAllaah thats beautiful :)

Güven
08-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Beautifull MashAllah ,Well Nice People Does Exist But They Are Super Rare to find :)

------
08-12-2008, 09:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
lol mashaAllaah thats beautiful :)
:salamext:

Snap!

muslimma
08-12-2008, 09:30 AM
sweet story bro

but i bet you wont be doing that again in a hurry :giggling:

Danah
08-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Subhan Allah sometimes it really amazed you to see nice people still exist and offering help to the others without returns in the this changing world.
on the top of that, this was a help from Allah to you when keep making dua'a in the first place and Al humdulilah he did not let you down uncle ^_^

glo
08-12-2008, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Beautifull MashAllah ,Well Nice People Does Exist But They Are Super Rare to find :)
I don't think nice people are as rare as we might think sometimes. Perhaps the media clouds our judgement.

I bet we meet friendly helpful people almost every day - we just need to look right!

Great story, Woodrow! I'm glad you made it home in safety. :)

IbnAbdulHakim
08-12-2008, 11:13 AM
^ your right glo, even in my workplace theirs amazingly friendly helpful people

Woodrow
08-12-2008, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimma
sweet story bro

but i bet you wont be doing that again in a hurry :giggling:

Had to make the same trip again last night and need to do it 8 more times before the end of the month.

One of the joys of transfering VA treatment from one State to another. aving come up here from Texas and changing my VA hospital at the same time it was time for my annual check-ups. Darn VA scheduals all of the tests one at a time each several days apart. At my age it takes a bunch of tests just for routine exams.

some good things are coming from it. Fort Mead did do a full hearing exam and are able to restore some of my hearing. They did find a bineural hearing aid that will work on me. I been fitted for it and get it on Aug 4th. I will have at least near normal hearing Mashalah. Also they been treating my knees for arthritis and I can now walk further at a time. Yesterday they did an MIR scan on my back. Hopefully they will be able to reduce some of the back pains. So the trips are worthwhile Mashallah. Only problem is the 500 mile drive from Evansville 3 to 4 times a week. But, that will soon be over Inshallah and will just have once a month routine care.

I just went off-topic. But the point being, it is very good to know that there are some very good people out in the world.

Eeman
08-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Well i'm sure they do exist without a doubt but i havent met any lately it seems that everyone that comes in my life are just evil :(

Nawal89
08-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Why do you guys nice people are rare to find? I meet them everywehre :\.

Woodrow
08-12-2008, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
Why do you guys nice people are rare to find? I meet them everywehre :\.
That is true.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-12-2008, 12:04 PM
whos heard the story of the wise man who a traveller approached complaining of every evil man and he said "and you shall find as such in the next village you visit" and another man came praising every good man to which he replied "and you shall find as such in the next village"#

moral: it could be your outlook :)

jannat
08-12-2008, 12:07 PM

Nice story mashallah, thats nice to hear, sometimes it feels like theres more evil than good, but alhamduillah, there are good people out there. One of my customers at work said, the good ones are the quiet ones and the bad ones are loud, thats why u neva hear them.

May we all aspire to good people like the Rasul SAW and be aroung good inshallah.

:w:

Germanrose20
08-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Salaams,

Woodrow, Alhamdullilah it is good to know that you are allright and healthy. I thank Allah (swt) that there was nice people to help you out. Insha;Allah the VA will be able to continue to provide you with good health coverage. (I know how difficult they can be someimes)

Woodrow
08-12-2008, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Germanrose20
Salaams,

Woodrow, Alhamdullilah it is good to know that you are allright and healthy. I thank Allah (swt) that there was nice people to help you out. Insha;Allah the VA will be able to continue to provide you with good health coverage. (I know how difficult they can be someimes)

Both Aabidah and I are service connected disabled and get full coverge for all things at the VA. Since we do have a house in Minnesota we could get care at St. Cloud. Only 100 miles from us. However, we have a house in south Dakota also and while we do spend much time in Minesota,we keep our south dakota rsidency as we get better treatment at fort mead. they do have a Musim doctor on staff and South Dakota has a very small population so the doc can spend more time with us.

Although we both love the house in Minnesota, we wil most likely give it up and just stay in South Dakota before long. That will put us only 200 miles from fort mead and save us from having to finish moving the horses to Minnesota. That has been a slow hard job, we only been moving 4 at a time and still have a lot to move. Plus,we been trying to do dawah on the Sioux reservations

north_malaysian
08-12-2008, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Plus,we been trying to do dawah on the Sioux reservations
Wow....

May God give you a very healthy life and welcome you to be his guest in Mecca... Inshallah..Amin

Ansariyah
08-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Alhamdulilah Woodrow that u got help wen u needed it.:sunny:

People are always nice to me, even those who dont know me..Alhamdulilah.

One time afta talking to my Dad on the fone and he was meant to pick me up, and I was speakin to him ova the fone and suddenly my fone died on me,,no charge. So I looked left n right, and saw nothing I looked infront of me and there was a Cinema.

I walked in and said, can u pls charge my fone for me on ur computer? I asked the guy behind the counter..He looked at me funny first, wondering huh?:muddlehea Then I go.."My Dad, he doesnt know where to pick me up from, and my fone died on me while I was talking to him..

He said, normally we dont do this....do u have atleast ur USB wit u? I had my USB wit me, so he plugged it into his "work" computer n charged my fone for me...after 30 mins, my fone charged n I told my dad to get me from the cinema.

Germanrose20
08-12-2008, 02:11 PM

Both Aabidah and I are service connected disabled and get full coverge for all things at the VA. Since we do have a house in Minnesota we could get care at St. Cloud. Only 100 miles from us. However, we have a house in south Dakota also and while we do spend much time in Minesota,we keep our south dakota rsidency as we get better treatment at fort mead. they do have a Musim doctor on staff and South Dakota has a very small population so the doc can spend more time with us.

Although we both love the house in Minnesota, we wil most likely give it up and just stay in South Dakota before long. That will put us only 200 miles from fort mead and save us from having to finish moving the horses to Minnesota. That has been a slow hard job, we only been moving 4 at a time and still have a lot to move. Plus,we been trying to do dawah on the Sioux reservations
Masha'Allah, it sounds like you have a good plan. Insha'Allah you will both be able to bring the deen to alot of the Sioux. My whole family is connected to the military and my grandparents both use the VA for their healthcare. I use the VA benefits for my school tuition.
Salaams:D

Güven
08-12-2008, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I don't think nice people are as rare as we might think sometimes. Perhaps the media clouds our judgement.

I bet we meet friendly helpful people almost every day - we just need to look right!

Great story, Woodrow! I'm glad you made it home in safety. :)
Exactly ,We need to look right :)

Sahabiyaat
08-12-2008, 04:03 PM
aww bless
what a nice story

Its very hard to find people who will smile at you let alone physically help you.Nobody does anything for free, people are always looking for their own advantage in something.

I love spontaneous people who come out of nowhere and tell their life story on the bus to you:D so by the time your stop has come you know everything down to their dogs name :D

and i think i have a sign (invisible to me) saying 'Neighbourhood office' on my head as old people are always asking me to read letters and make phonecalls/check why their phones not working at the bus stop,It always begins with 'Salaaaam, you arab no ? and i always have to explain no i dont no arabic, im NOT arab!! :D HA HA, but Im more than happy to help, It feels a bit arkward, but ah well :)

Pk_#2
08-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Yah they exist, amazing! Isn't it?

But I only meet horrible people.

north_malaysian
08-13-2008, 01:14 AM
Woodrow... you should tell us about your progress in da'wah mission among the Native Americans...

coddles76
08-13-2008, 01:42 AM

For the past few weeks Aaabidah and myself havebeen having to do considerable traveling throughoutMinnesota and The Dakotas (North and South). If you remember any of my pictures, you know this is a very isolated regin and cities are hundreds of miles apartwith very little traffic on the roads.

Not a very good location to have car problems. Especially not late at night for 2 older people.

Well the inevitable happened, we had a flat tire at near midnight, last night. Although we did havea spare an the equipment, my arthritis in my hands and arms is too severe to change a tire. we were over 50 miles from the nearest town, not a car could be seen.

After a few hours of trying to change the tire we decided to just do Duas and leave it in the hands of Allaah(swt) soon we could see headlights coming down the opposite paralel road. the went on past without slowing. Suddenly they stopped and drove across the heavily wooded strip that seperated the roads. It was 2 pick up trucks filled with construction workers.

Aabidah was dressed in an abaya and in hijab I was wearing a salawar kameze (Men's type) and a kufi. It never phased the yong men that we were Muslim and they changed the tire in minutes.

We got their names and addresses, and will be sending them a Thank You gift.
Allahu Akbar,

Allah's power is just incredible, Allah SWT answered your DUA and sent you some assistance in your time of Needs. Your thanks should go to ALLAH SWT.
SubhanALLAH ALLAH's power is amazing.
May ALLAH SWT answer all our DUA inshALLAH

Woodrow
08-13-2008, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
Allahu Akbar,

Allah's power is just incredible, Allah SWT answered your DUA and sent you some assistance in your time of Needs. Your thanks should go to ALLAH SWT.
SubhanALLAH ALLAH's power is amazing.
May ALLAH SWT answer all our DUA inshALLAH

Very true. All thanks is because of Allaah(swt) and owed to Him.. The Du'as are for him. The thank you gift is only a simple acknowledgement of recognising those who were the instruements used by Allaah(swt).

MuslimahBarb
08-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Subhan Allah!!

Br. Woodrow, this goes to show that duas work, alhamdulillah! Thank you for sharing this heartwarming story with us, it does show that there are still out there and willing to help those in need.

coddles76
08-13-2008, 02:22 AM
Very true. All thanks is because of Allaah(swt) and owed to Him.. The Du'as are for him. The thank you gift is only a simple acknowledgement of recognising those who were the instruements used by Allaah(swt).
Yes Agreed. SubhanAllah how Allah works and uses his slaves and creation to help his creation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.