/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal sweets - pig shaped??

glo
08-12-2008, 06:23 PM
This may be a strange question, but I'll ask it anyway.

I popped into out local halal supermarket and spotted some sweets on the shelf, which are specifically advertised as being halal.
The strange thing is, they come in shapes of pigs heads and shrimps.
Does that strike anybody else as odd?

If I bought some for the children of our Muslim neighbours, would they possibly cause offence?
I thought I'd ask here first ...

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
08-12-2008, 06:25 PM
aww bless you sister

it is odd, but if anyone gave me sweets, they would be my best friend :D and its the thought that counts innit, so inshallah, they will accept them, and if they dont you know where to send them :D

and its not like they are eatin a pig its just a pig head, and its stamped halaal so woo hoo

Pk_#2
08-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Haaallo,

Yum!! What more could a kiddah ask for, as long its the head, the quiggly tail might put them off..Lol

Be good Glo.

Al-Zaara
08-12-2008, 06:29 PM
WHAT?! LOL! What provocation. It's pig and it's halal.
I wouldn't eat those sweets, ever! Although I laugh at this.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
^
I have a feeling you wouldn't even bother looking what shape the sweets are, brother ... :D
Am I right???

Still, don't you think it's strange that anybody would produce halal sweets in the shape of pigs?

Muslim Woman
Salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by glo

... they come in shapes of pigs heads and shrimps.

yap , that's strange ....pigs heads ...personally I won't like to eat that . Shrimps is ok .

But if a sweet does not have alcohol mixed in it , then prepared even by non Muslims is ok for Muslims . So , most probably no one should take any offence ...but may be it's better if u buy something normal ...not unusual like pig head sweets :statisfie

chacha_jalebi
08-12-2008, 06:32 PM
i find it weird, like its kinda of a clash of ideas lol, but there are halaal hot dogs, halaal burgers lol, and they jus change the meat, and the same way, they change the actual produce, so its halaal, so i think its fine!

and in your case like you went out of your way to buy them, i would appreciate that, and hopefully your neighbours will aswell:D

Al-Zaara
08-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Still, don't you think it's strange that anybody would produce halal sweets in the shape of pigs?
Heck yeah. Even though it might be ridicilous, I'd start getting suspicious how halal are those sweets really? Who is that jerk who dares to make halal sweets shaped in forms of haram? And for kids who love sweets. Such provocation.

I'd seriously rant at the owners for buying those, there are loads of better stuff!

Na7lah
08-12-2008, 06:34 PM
odd lol but as long as its halal there shudnt be anythin wrong right?

Pk_#2
08-12-2008, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Heck yeah. Even though it might be ridicilous, I'd start getting suspicious how halal are those sweets really? Who is that jerk who dares to make halal sweets shaped in forms of haram? And for kids who love sweets. Such provocation.

I'd seriously rant at the owners for buying those, there are loads of better stuff!
Wow subhanAllaah you'd have time to think about all that before you shuv them down your gob? You're well cute, but seriously, try em, they sound ever so squishy!! :thumbs_up:BeRightBack:

glo
08-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Next time I go, I'll check what the name of the producer is ... and we can write a petition!

Al-Zaara, think of your blood pressure! Now, now, sit down and count to ten ... S-L-O-W-L-Y ...
That's better! :D

Al-Zaara
08-12-2008, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't eat the sweetest and most tasteful chocoloate in the form of a pig, if avoidable. How halal it even might be. It's like... Having clear mineral water inside of an whisky bottle, with all the text on, saying whisky, this is yummy or whatever is written (;D) etc.

LOL I'm trying glo, I'm trying! I'm off to make some green tea now.

Dawatul-Allah - Yes, definitely. I'm usually quite picky of what I buy for I have had times where I had some not-so-sweet surprises after buying some food. I try to check who the producer is and what it contains as often as I can, inshaAllah.

Muslim Woman
08-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Salaam/peace;

as a Muslim , i think it's better if we ( Muslims ) don't buy halal things which come in a shape of haram things.

Getting used to with pig & other haram stuff may make us less careful about stay away from haram in future . So , as a
pre -caution , I won't buy or eat pig head sweet .

Souljette
08-12-2008, 06:56 PM
:sl:
That's just plain weird... Why would anyone do that..a candy in a shape of a pig even if it is halal what kinda message is that supposed to be sending..what was the person making it thinking? i wonder..Although it's a really nice gesture I think it would just strike weird not you glo but what the person making it was thinking

Faye
08-12-2008, 07:16 PM
I agree with Sis Zaara. It may be halaal but then the question is, why is it in the shape of a pig? Is it some weird conspiracy or something? Somebody's joke on Islam? Wouldn't the producers, who were careful enough to make their products halaal, know that pigs are the primary haraam animals?

If somebody gave them to me, I would thank them extremely politely, and when they were gone, flush them down the drain.

Muezzin
08-12-2008, 07:53 PM

I popped into out local halal supermarket and spotted some sweets on the shelf, which are specifically advertised as being halal.

If I bought some for the children of our Muslim neighbours, would they possibly cause offence?

Thanks
Are you sure it wasn't a panda or something?

Tania
08-12-2008, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Are you sure it wasn't a panda or something?
I think thats the best explanation. Not everyone its talented when it comes to make something to look with an animal.

- pigs :hmm:

Re.TiReD
08-12-2008, 08:34 PM
:salamext:

Lol I'm sure there are loadsa alternatives, take them insha'Allah.

No offence to Mr.Piggy but he aint the best looking pink edible 'thing'...Why dont you buy em some strawberry flavoured bon-bons instead :D

S_87
08-12-2008, 08:39 PM
halal seems to be such an easy stamp these day people so dont take everything that has the halal stamp to be halal.

and if its a pig head then no i wouldnt eat it.

the reason why i am guessing it is made as a pig head is not for offensive purposes but the pig headed jelly sweets are quie popular for the haraam jelly sweets. swiggly snakes, cola bottles pigs etc...

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Can we have a fatwa please??lol

Questfortruth
08-12-2008, 08:50 PM

Thanks
That is really wierd the fact a muslim person would make halal pig head shaped candy. Personally, I would be really offended if a non muslim gave me that candy.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-12-2008, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
I think thats the best explanation. Not everyone its talented when it comes to make something to look with an animal.

- pigs :hmm:
could be cows

Re.TiReD
08-12-2008, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
could be cows
Cow with a mingy snout huh? :skeleton: :D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-12-2008, 09:18 PM

watch your moooooooooowth!! you dont want the utterly butterly cows on your case

Re.TiReD
08-12-2008, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS

watch your moooooooooowth!! you dont want the utterly butterly cows on your case

;D reps for that ;D

Musaafirah
08-12-2008, 09:23 PM
^^lol..
I'd probably err on the side of caution and not buy the pig shaped sweets..
Even though I do love my sweets!
And Jolie fleur..how come your name always comes up as Guest? That's confuzzling

chacha_jalebi
08-12-2008, 09:25 PM
we got bare replies:D

sho shoo

:threadclo :skeleton:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.