/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ~*~ Why doesn’t the Qur’an affect me? ~*~

.: Jannati :.
08-13-2008, 07:33 PM

Why doesn’t the Qur’an affect me?

Why don’t I fear the punishment of hell-fire?

Why don’t I get scared after listening to the stories of the perished nations?

Why don’t I feel dismay at disobeying Allah?

Why does the Qur’an sound so distant, irrelevant and unpalatable to me?

“Nay, but their hearts were covered over by what (sins) they earned.” [Al-Mutaffifeen: 14]

Al-Hasan Al-Basri said, “It is because of doing one sin after another, until the heart becomes blind and dies.”

Qataadah also said, “It is because of doing one sin after another, one sin after another, until the heart dies and becomes black.”

Ibn Zayd said, “Their sins overcome their hearts until no good can get through to them.”

Mujaahid explained, “They used to consider the heart like a hand: when a person sins, his heart starts to scrunch up,” and he folded his little finger, “and when he does another sin,” he folded the next finger and continued until he had his fist clenched. “Then a seal is placed over it, and they used to say that this is the ‘covering’.”

If sins rust the hurt, corrupt it, slowly corrode it and eventually overcome it, then what is the counter-balancing force that heals the heart and opens it up?

“And establish the Prayer, at the two ends of the day and in some hours of the night [i.e. the five compulsory prayers]. Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds. That is a reminder (an advice) for the mindful (those who accept advice).” [Al Hud: 114]

The prayer! The prayer! What else?

~

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayan333
08-13-2008, 08:27 PM
:sl:

subhanALLAH...for those who this realtes to,May ALLAH (SWA) open your heart with ease and save you from hell fire Insh ALLAH,Ameen.

:w:

Nájlá
08-14-2008, 10:01 AM
jazakiallah khayr uktee

------
08-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Al-Hasan Al-Basri said, “It is because of doing one sin after another, until the heart becomes blind and dies.”

Qataadah also said, “It is because of doing one sin after another, one sin after another, until the heart dies and becomes black.”

Ibn Zayd said, “Their sins overcome their hearts until no good can get through to them.”
La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
08-14-2008, 11:18 AM
But if you can relate to all of those things, how will prayer help? It will be just another thing that you're doing without really feeling, it won't affect you...?

------
08-14-2008, 11:32 AM
^ But if you pray with humility, concentrating on the meaning, and being humble, it helps a great deal.

Sahabiyaat
08-14-2008, 02:11 PM
:thumbs_up

crayon
08-14-2008, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
^ But if you pray with humility, concentrating on the meaning, and being humble, it helps a great deal.
But what if you've tried that, and it didn't work..

------
08-14-2008, 06:26 PM
:salamext:

Sometimes stress and worldly things you think about can have a great impact on the way you pray, E.g. if you really wanted something and it couldn't be yours, you would not pray with humbleness, rather you would pray as (astagfirullah) 'casting off a burden'... if you get where I'm coming from...

08-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Mashaallaah great reminder! It's something we all need when we get lost in the wilderness of this dunya...

Danah
08-14-2008, 08:50 PM
jazaki allah khair akhtee for the reminder

.: Jannati :.
08-21-2008, 02:46 PM
barak'Allahu feekum

:w:

Strzelecki
08-21-2008, 04:37 PM
JazakiAllah kheyran for the reminder sister.

syilla
08-25-2008, 02:46 AM
jazakallah khayr for sharing :cry:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.