/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hearts Longing For Paradise

Re.TiReD
08-13-2008, 09:47 PM
:salamext:

Have you heard the story of a righteous women, whose husband died, leaving her with two children? When they grew up, the first thing she taught them was to worship and obey Allah, and to pray qiyam al-layl (night prayers).

She said to her sons: "No moment of the night should pass in our house without someone standing in prayer and remembering Allah."

They said: "What do you mean, O' Mother?" She said "We will divide the night in three. One of you should stand and pray for the first third, and the other for the second third, then I will stand and pray for the last third, and then wake you up to pray Fajr (dawn)."

They said: "We hear and we obey, O' Mother." When the mother died, the two sons did not give up praying Qiyam al-layl, because their hearts were filled with the love of obedience and worship, and the sweetest moment of their lives were when they stood and prayed at night. So they divided the night between them. When one of them became very sick, the other stood and prayed the whole night.

"Life around us with all its beauty and nobility is real invitation to happiness."

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S Uff this is too plain :skeleton: Bro Alpha you better read it now :skeleton: lol

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
08-13-2008, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude™
Walaykum salam,

Yes, I did read it and the plain format is much better - less distracting. I'm sure sisters would disagree, though. :rollseyes

Is this a true story?
:salamext:

Lol Hmm...It looks dead....But nevermind.

Its from the book by A'id al Qarni and I've actually no idea if its true but I would assume so. Allahu A'lam and JazakAllah khayr for the reply akhee

WassalamuAlaykum

Nájlá
08-14-2008, 09:50 AM
aww mashallah

jazakiallah khair uktee.

as always waitin for more

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.