/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

InfinityRamAir
08-13-2008, 10:05 PM
My name is Dale and I'm an American atheist/humanist/intellectual. I came across this forum site today and decided to join just to learn a little about Islam and the ways of life of Muslims as I have a couple of new Muslim e-pals that reside in Malaysia. They are very nice people and I am very open minded, so I've come here to learn and perhaps debate a little.

Anyway, greetings to all and I hope we can learn a little from one another.

Dale

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
08-13-2008, 10:06 PM

:D

crayon
08-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Heya Dale, welcome to the forums! Don't hesitate to ask any questions, I hope you enjoy your time here!:)

Peace!

coddles76
08-14-2008, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by InfinityRamAir
My name is Dale and I'm an American atheist/humanist/intellectual. I came across this forum site today and decided to join just to learn a little about Islam and the ways of life of Muslims as I have a couple of new Muslim e-pals that reside in Malaysia. They are very nice people and I am very open minded, so I've come here to learn and perhaps debate a little.

Dale
Peace be upon you Dale. Welcome to the Forum and happy that your open minded. Open minded people are often the ones that find guidance.
WELCOME

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul-Raouf
08-14-2008, 02:07 AM

Nájlá
08-14-2008, 09:43 AM
welcome to LI
hope u enjoy it here:)

Pk_#2
08-14-2008, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by InfinityRamAir

Dale
Haallo Dale,

As long as you debate politely you seem like a fairly nice person =D

Welcome.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-14-2008, 12:51 PM
whats it mean to be an intellectual?

Sahabiyaat
08-14-2008, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Don't hesitate to ask any questions,
Peace!
i misread that as 'dont ask any questions'! lol :D

:sl:
:welcome:

InfinityRamAir
08-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Thank you all for your replies! I'm looking forward to some wonderful discourse here. I'm very busy online these days but I'll find some time to read the threads here.

Oh, IbnAbdulHakim, an intellectual in the sense I'm implying could be defined as rational, but not emotional. There are many different cultures in this world with many different belief systems. I believe that the only way to resolve differences is through logical and reasonable means - not anger or violence. We as humans must do our best to take care of each other, to respect one another.

Once again, thank you to all who replied :)

Dale

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!