/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wats the dua for travelling?

limitless
08-14-2008, 01:28 AM
salaam

what is the dua for travelling? I believe its something like Yaa hafezoo...but im not too sure thats the shrot one...idk lol. anyone wanna help? thank you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
coddles76
08-14-2008, 01:39 AM
Du'a for Travels & Journeys

A collection of various du'a for travels and journeys from the Qur'an and Sunnah.

When mounting a means of transport
Qur'an; 43:13 سُبْحانَ الَّذِي سَخَّرَ لَنَا هَذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لَهُ مُقْرِنِينَ وَإِنَّا إِلَى رَبِّنَا لَمُنقَلِبُونَ
SubhanAll-ladhi, sakh-khara lana, haatha, wa-ma kunna lahu mukrineen. Wa inna ila Rubbina lamunqalibuun
Glory be to Him who has subjected these to our (use), for we could never have accomplished this (by ourselves). And to our Lord, surely must we return

When mounting a means of transport
abu Dawud 3:34, at-Tirmidhi 5:501 بِسْمِ اللّهِ ، الْحَمْد’ للّهِ ، سُبْحانَ الَّذِي سَخَّرَ لَنَا هَذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لَهُ مُقْرِنِينَ وَإِنَّا إِلَى رَبِّنَا لَمُنقَلِبُونَ . الْحَمْد’ للّهِ ، الْحَمْد’ للّهِ ، الْحَمْد’ للّهِ ، اللّهُ أَكْبَرُ ، اللّهُ أَكْبَرُ ، اللّهُ أَكْبَرُ ، سُبْحَانَكَ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسِي فَاغْفِرْلِي ، فَإِنَّهُ لا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ

Bismillah. Alhamdulilah. SubhanAll-ladhi, sakh-khara lana, haatha, wa-ma kunna lahu mukrineen. Wa inna ila Rubbina lamunqalibuun. Alhamdulilah, Alhamdulilah, Alhamdulilah. Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar. Subhanak-Allahumma inni dhalamtu nafi faghfir li, fa innahu la yaghfirudh-dhunuuba illa Anta

In the Name of Allah. Praise be to Allah. Glory be to Him who has subjected these to our (use), for we could never have accomplished this (by ourselves). And to our Lord, surely must we return. Praise be to Allah. Praise be to Allah. Praise be to Allah. God is the Greatest. God is the Greatest. God is the Greatest. Glory be to You. O Allah! I have wronged my soul, Forgive me, for surely none Forgives sins but You

When travelling
Muslim: 2:998, Ahmad اللَّهُمَّ بِكَ أَصُولُ ، وَ بِكَ أَجُولُ ، وَ بِكَ أَسْيرُ . اللَّهُمَّ إِني أَسْأَلُكَ فِى سَفَرِى هذَا الْبِزَّ وَ التَّةْوَى ، وَ مِنَ الْعَمَلِ مَا تَرْضَى . اللَّهُمَّ هَوِّنْ عَليْنَا سَفَرنَا هذَا وَاطْو عَنَّا بُعْدَهُ . اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ الصَّاحِبُ فِى السَّفَرِ وَ الْخَلِيفَةُ فِى الْأَهّلِ . اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّى أَعُوذُبِكَ مِنْ وَعْثَاءِ السَّفَرِ ، وَ كآبَةِ الْمَنْظَرِ ، وَ سوءِ الْمُنْقَلَبِ فِى المَالِ وَالْأَهْلِ وَ الْوَلَدِ

Allahumma bika asool, wa bika ajool, wa bika aseer. Allahumma inna as'aluka fi safarina hadhal-birra wat-taqwah, wa minal 'amali ma tardha. Allahumma hawwin 'alaiyna safarana hadha waTwi 'anna bu'dahu. Allahumma antas-Saahibu fis-safari, wal-khalifatu fil-ahli. Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min wa'tha'is-safar, wa ka'abtil-mandhari, wa soo'il-munqalabi fil-ahli wa-maali, wal-walad

O Allah! It is with Your Help that I struggle, move and walk. O Allah! I ask You on this our journey for goodness and piety, and for deeds that are acceptable to You. O Allah! Lighten this journey for us and make its distance easy (short) for us. O Allah! You are our Companion on the road and The Guardian-Protector of the household. O Allah! I seek refuge in You from this journey's hardships, and from the disagreeable sights in store and from finding my family and property and children in misfortune upon returning

Upon return from a journey - repeat the previous du'a, and add to it:
Muslim: 2:998, Ahmad آيِبُنَ ، تَائِبُونَ ، عَابِدُونَ ، لِرَبِّنَا حَامِدُونَ
Ayiboon, ta'iboon, 'abidoon, liRabbina Hamidoon
We are Returners, Repenters, Worshippers and in Praise to our Lord

What to say to one who is leaving
The resident's invocation for the traveler
at-Tirmidhi, an-Nasa'i أَسْتَوْدعُ اللّهَ دِينَكَ ، وَ أَمَانَتَكَ ، وَ خَواتِيمَ عَمَلِكَ وَأَقْرَأُ عَليْكَ السَّلاَم
Astudi'ullaha deenaka, wa amaanataka, wa khawaateema 'amalik, wa 'aqra'u 'alaykas-salaam
Unto Allah do I commend your deen (faith - Islam), your trust (ie family, property, etc), and the conclusions of your deeds, and I recite salam (peace) upon you

What to say to one who is leaving
at-Tirmidhi 3:155, at-Tabarani زَوَّدَكَ اللَّه التَّةْوَى ، وَ غَفَرَ ذَنْبَكَ ، وَ يَسَّرَلَكَ الْخَيْرَ حَيْثُمَا كُنْتَ
Zawwadak-Allahut-Taqwah, waghfara-dhanbak, wa yassaral-kal khaira haythuma kunt
May Allah provide you with Taqwa (God-consciousness), forgive your sins, and facilitate good for you wherever you may be

When bidding farewell (by the traveler)
The Traveler's invocation for the one he leaves behind
Ahmad 2:403, ibn Majah 2:943, at-Tabarani أَسْتَوْدِعُكَ اللَّهَ الَّذِى لا تَضِيعُ وَ دَائعُهُ
Astau'dka-Allaha-allathi La Tadii'u, wa da'i'uh
I commend you unto Allah Whose Trusts are never lost

When entering a town or city
Al-Hakim, Ath-Thahabi 2:100, Ibn as-Sunni; 524 اللَّهُمَّ رَبَّ السَّمَوَاتِ السَّبْعِ وَمَا أَظْلَلْنَ، وَرَبَّ الأَرَاضِينَ السَّبْعِ وَمَا أَقْلَلْنَ، وَرَبَّ الشَّيَاطِينِ وَمَا أَضْلَلْنَ وَرَبَّ الرِّيَاحِ وَمَا ذِرَيْنَ. أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْر هَذِهِ الْقَرْيَةِ وَخَيْرَ أَهْلِهَا وَخَيْرَ مَا فِيهَا، وأَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّهَا وشَرِّ أَهْلِهَا، وشَرِّ مَا فِيها

Allahumma Rabbas-Samawatis sab'i', wa ma adhlal-na. wa Rabbal-aradheen as-sab'i' wa ma aqlalna, wa Rabbash-Shaiteeni wa ma adhlalna, wa Rabbar-Rayaahi wa ma dharayna. As'aluka khaira hadhihil-qaryati, wa khaira ahlihaa, wa khaira ma feeha, wa a'udhu bika min sharriha, wa sharri ahliha, wa sharri ma feeha

O Allah! Lord of the Seven heavens and all they overshadow, Lord of the seven worlds, and all they uphold, Lord of the devils and all they lead astray, Lord of the winds and all they scatter. I ask You for the goodness of this town and for the goodness of its people, and for the goodness it contains. I seek refuge in You from its evil, from the evil of its people and from the evil it contains

When entering a market
at-Tirmidhi; 5:291, al-Hakim; 1:538 لا الهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ وَحْدَهُ لا شَرِيْكَ لَهْ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَ لَهُ الْحَمْدُ يُحْى وَ يُمِيْتُ وَ هُوَحَىُّ لَّا يَمُوتُ ، بِيَدِهِ الْخَيْرُ ، وَ هُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَىْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

La ilaha ilAllahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul Mulku, wa lahul Hamdu, yuhyi wa yumeetu, wa Huwa hayyun la yamutu, bi yadihil-khairu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli shay'in Qadeer

None has the Right to be worshipped but Allah, Alone, Who has no partner. His is the domiinion and His is the Praise. He brings life and he causes death, and He is living and does not die. In his Hand is all good, and He is Able to do all things.

The Traveller's invocation at dawn
At-Tirmidhi; 3:155 سَمِعَ سَامِعٌ بِحَمْدِ اللّهِ ، وَحُسْنِ بَلاَئِهِ عَلَيْنَا . رَبَّنَا صَاحِبْنَا ، وَ أَفْضِلْ عَلَيْنَا عَائِذًا بِاللّهِ مِنَ الَّنَارِ

Sami'a sami'un bi hamdullahi wa husni balaa'ihi 'alayna. Rabbana sahibnaa, wa afdhil 'alayna aa'idhan billahi min-an-naar

He who listens has heard that we praise Allah for the good things He gives us. Our Lord, be with us and bestow Your favour upon us. I seek the protection of Allah from the fire.

The Traveller's invocation at a layover
When stopping along the way on a journey
Muslim; 4:2080 أَعُوذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللّهِ التَّامَّاتِ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ
A'udhu bi kallimaatil-lahit-tam-maati min sharri ma khalaqa

I seek refuge in the Perfect Words of Allah from the evil of what He has created.

Upon returning from a journey
From every elevated point say 'Allahu Akbar' three times, and then recite (the below)
The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) used to recite this when returning from a campaign or from Hajj
Sahih al-Bukhari 7:163, Muslim 2:980 لا الهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ وَحْدَهُ لا شَرِيْكَ لَهْ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَ لَهُ الْحَمْدُ ، وَ هُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَىْءٍ قَدِيرٌ . آيِبُونَ ، تَائِبُونَ ، عَابِدُونَ ، لِرَبِّنَا حَامِدُونَ ، صَدَق اللّهُ وَ عْدَهُ وَ نَصَرَ عَبْدَهُ ، وَ هَزَمَ الأَحَزْابَ وَ حْدَهُ

La illaha ilAllahu wahdahu la shareeka lahu, lahul Mulku, wa lahul Hamd, wa Huwa ala kulli shay'in Qadeer. Aa'ibuna, ta'ibuna, 'aabiduna, li Rabbina haamiduna, sadaqAllahu wa'dahu, wa nasara 'abdahu, wa hazamal-ahzaaba wahdahu

(There is) none worthy of worship except Allah. He is only One. (There is) no partners for Him. For Him (is) the Kingdom. And for Him (is) the Praise. And He (is) on everything powerful. We return repentant to our Lord, worshipping our Lord, and praising our Lord. He fulfilled His Promise, He Aided His slave, and He Alone Defeated the Confederates.

ilm.seeker
08-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Hisn Al Muslim Min Athkar Al Kitaab Was Sunnah by Sa'eed Al Qahtani
Listen

Alphabetical Index - Themes - Table of Contents

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.