/* */

PDA

View Full Version : halal job???

ayan333
08-14-2008, 08:31 PM
:sl:

ok i need a job...and i know that a local grocery store willhire me the quickies...Insh ALLAH

so my question...is it a Halal job

i mean they cell everything,pork,alochol,n i mite come in contact with it if im assigned to be a bagger or chashier

plz help asap Insh ALLAH,need quick advice,real quick

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MaiCarInMtl
08-15-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm no expert, but I think since you'd be helping people in their purchasing of non-halal or even haram items it might not be so great.

I see no difference between someone who works at a convenience store, grocery store, liquor stor or as a bartender in a bar as they all deal with alcohol (and possibly other substances).

But please correct me if I am wrong though.

Are there are halal grocery stores in your area?

Re.TiReD
08-15-2008, 04:55 PM
:salamext:

When Allah (swt) forbids something He also forbids its sale (Paraphrased Hadeeth)

However, I dont think that would be the final say on the matter, I'm sure there are differing opinions since just say for example you didnt sell somebody alcohol or pork...the next person would....you just happen to be in that place at that time..I mean its not coz...actually I aint saying anything. Insha'Allah somebody will come with sound proof

WassalamuAlaykum

chacha_jalebi
08-15-2008, 05:11 PM
dont dooo it

ALLAH (swt) will reward you for abandonin summin for him, like you might even be the manager of a grocery store and then sell all halaal stuff and open a chain of stores, and give us freebies :D

but seriously i would advise, abandon it for the sake of Allah (swt) and leave what you doubt, you will be rewarded with summin better inshallah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlackMamba
08-15-2008, 05:25 PM
I have always wondered whether it is haram to work at stores that sell haram stuff. I know it's haram to be the owner of let's say a liqour store. But just to be a clerk maybe is not haram.
Cuz look, if you say that's haram then that's taking away a huge chunk of possible jobs for young Muslims. This means 99 percent of all Wal-marts,Targets, gas stations, restaurants, convenince stores, grocery stores, and many more places will all be haram. So added to the fact that Muslims Are discriminated against and a white dude will get a job over me, where do we find a job ?

MaiCarInMtl
08-15-2008, 05:30 PM
How about a pharmacy (drug store)? There's a lower risk of them selling porc and alcohol... Or how about a natural food store (often vegetarian-only food)?

ayan333
08-15-2008, 08:39 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl

I see no difference between someone who works at a convenience store, grocery store, liquor stor or as a bartender in a bar as they all deal with alcohol (and possibly other substances).

But please correct me if I am wrong though.

Are there are halal grocery stores in your area?
Ya,that was wut i was thinking,help selling it and buying it is all the same to me..

there are Halal stores,meet store that is,other then that,no
JazakALLAh Khair
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
:salamext:

When Allah (swt) forbids something He also forbids its sale (Paraphrased Hadeeth)

However, I dont think that would be the final say on the matter, I'm sure there are differing opinions since just say for example you didnt sell somebody alcohol or pork...the next person would....you just happen to be in that place at that time..I mean its not coz...actually I aint saying anything. Insha'Allah somebody will come with sound proof

WassalamuAlaykum
ya thats wut i was thinking...i jus needed to be advised..i try to stay away from all that i have doubts about...which with me is lots

JazakALLAh Khair
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
dont dooo it

ALLAH (swt) will reward you for abandonin summin for him, like you might even be the manager of a grocery store and then sell all halaal stuff and open a chain of stores, and give us freebies :D

but seriously i would advise, abandon it for the sake of Allah (swt) and leave what you doubt, you will be rewarded with summin better inshallah
i guess ill live it alone...not worth the punishment

JazakALLAH Khair

format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
I have always wondered whether it is haram to work at stores that sell haram stuff. I know it's haram to be the owner of let's say a liqour store. But just to be a clerk maybe is not haram.
Cuz look, if you say that's haram then that's taking away a huge chunk of possible jobs for young Muslims. This means 99 percent of all Wal-marts,Targets, gas stations, restaurants, convenince stores, grocery stores, and many more places will all be haram. So added to the fact that Muslims Are discriminated against and a white dude will get a job over me, where do we find a job ?
well i no alot of Muslims work at grocery store,but they need to be told weather its halal or haram,it not a joking matter you know..alot of us are ignorant...if thas how u spell it..

JazakALLAH Khair
How about a pharmacy (drug store)? There's a lower risk of them selling porc and alcohol... Or how about a natural food store (often vegetarian-only food)?
see thats the problem,i need a job asap n i no grcoery stores are always hiring,there always busy,always need helping handbut its ok...anything for the sake of ALLAH (SWA)

thanks though

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-15-2008, 08:50 PM
You need to get a proper fatwa because at the end of the day its a non-muslim country and the people catered for will want things that might be haraam to us, obviously directly selling hings like alcohol is haram but working for a store might be diffrent. Just need a fatwa that weighs up everything for you.

Almost everybody in non-muslim countries contributes towards the profits of companies that sell alcohol is that haram aswell?

ayan333
08-15-2008, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
You need to get a proper fatwa because at the end of the day its a non-muslim country and the people catered for will want things that might be haraam to us, obviously directly selling hings like alcohol is haram but working for a store might be diffrent. Just need a fatwa that weighs up everything for you.

Insh ALLAH i will

Almost everybody in non-muslim countries contributes towards the profits of companies that sell alcohol is that haram aswell?
well not exactly...when we but things from walmart,target,or any grocery store in in america or anyother non Islamic country we're not directly contributing to them but ALLAh (SWA) knows best

i have Qur'an class tomorow Insh ALLAH so ill ask my well educated teacher Insh ALLAH

JazakALLAH Khair

crayon
08-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Also, don't forget it involves mixing and interacting with men on a regular basis..

ayan333
08-15-2008, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Also, don't forget it involves mixing and interacting with men on a regular basis..

so does school or anyother job right...or is that different

idk please answer Insh ALLAH

JazakALLAh Khair

qassy!
08-16-2008, 01:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
My college, work, where I go shopping, where I get my car serviced involves me interacting with females. So I guess that's all haram yes?

ayan333
08-16-2008, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
My college, work, where I go shopping, where I get my car serviced involves me interacting with females. So I guess that's all haram yes?

i think sister Crayon was jus saying that a job isnt manatory,atleast with my situation,and that school is forced(my situation again)...i dnt know if she was talking about these other activities in general

ALLAH (SWA) Knows Best

Malaikah
08-16-2008, 04:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS

Agreed. You should talk to a shaykh from your own country/city about this sister because he will be able to answer your question according to the situation you are in.

Islamic Brother
08-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Haram

its obvious cmon.

Haram

crayon
08-16-2008, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

i think sister Crayon was jus saying that a job isnt manatory,atleast with my situation,and that school is forced(my situation again)...i dnt know if she was talking about these other activities in general

ALLAH (SWA) Knows Best

Exactly.:)
But again, definitely ask a scholar before making any decisions.

ayan333
08-18-2008, 11:04 PM

i have a friend who works at smoothy king,i heard shes the manage now so ima try go up there tomorow Insh ALLAH...now some smothies might have geltin in it,is this still haram

http://www.smoothieking.com/smoothies/

S1aveofA11ah
08-19-2008, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

i have a friend who works at smoothy king,i heard shes the manage now so ima try go up there tomorow Insh ALLAH...now some smothies might have geltin in it,is this still haram

http://www.smoothieking.com/smoothies/

Asalaamualaikum,

Just point you to something I came across, not making any fatwas, and Allah knows best:

http://calltoislam.com/index.php?opt...=441&Itemid=78

Hope it helps (ameen).

ayan333
08-19-2008, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S1aveofA11ah
Asalaamualaikum,

Just point you to something I came across, not making any fatwas, and Allah knows best:

Hope it helps (ameen).

SubahnALLAH

JazakALLAh Khair,clear up alot of things

MAy ALLAH (SWA) reward you Insh ALLAH,Ameen

.: Jannati :.
08-19-2008, 08:53 PM

talking from personal experience: you get sick of working in a place that is full and apart of so much Haraam, therefore try and avoid it at all costs, look for alternative job placements Insha'Allah.

Every Job has its Fitnah, its up to you how Halaal you make your surroundings, make sure you're fulfilling all Halaal requirements yourself, whether that be dress or conduct then determine whether your job makes you comprimise your Deen and Halaal requirements, if they do even a little, then you'll be safer to stay away from it all. Allah provides from unimaginable sources Subhan'Allah, so just keep trusting Him (Swt) n something or another will turn up.

Hope it goes well for you sis, I know Job hunting's a pain...

ayan333
08-19-2008, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LuvAlSunnah

talking from personal experience: you get sick of working in a place that is full and apart of so much Haraam, therefore try and avoid it at all costs, look for alternative job placements Insha'Allah.

Every Job has its Fitnah, its up to you how Halaal you make your surroundings, make sure you're fulfilling all Halaal requirements yourself, whether that be dress or conduct then determine whether your job makes you comprimise your Deen and Halaal requirements, if they do even a little, then you'll be safer to stay away from it all. Allah provides from unimaginable sources Subhan'Allah, so just keep trusting Him (Swt) n something or another will turn up.

Hope it goes well for you sis, I know Job hunting's a pain...

ive been job hinting for ever,it seams

i think this job at smoothy king will be ok

trust me,i hatreworking at food places because they alwasy sell Haram food but i asked my friend n she said no,plus this cleared alot up

dress? of course,i would never alter my clothing for a job,ill always have long sleave and skirt on no matter wut

plus this job doenst deal with alot of things

jus smoothies basically made form fruit n juice

n everyone that works there r females n no me form school..the only man is the head manger which is never there Alhamduliah

but ima check it out some more Insh ALLAH jus to makes sure

plz Pray that i get this job,really need it,if its not Halal job then i ask ALLAH(SWA) to keep it away from it Insh ALLAH

i hope everythings well

but JazakALLAh Khair sis

MaiCarInMtl
08-22-2008, 07:07 PM
The smoothie place seems pretty good. I'd love to work at a place like that, unfortunately I'd be drinkign smoothies all day and gaining weight (smoothie addict). I'm curious about working in such places (smoothie places, coffee shops and natural food stores). I always keep it as an option if I need a 2nd job.

Let us know if you got the job or not. (here's to hoping you did)

ayan333
08-22-2008, 07:45 PM
The smoothie place seems pretty good. I'd love to work at a place like that, unfortunately I'd be drinkign smoothies all day and gaining weight (smoothie addict). I'm curious about working in such places (smoothie places, coffee shops and natural food stores). I always keep it as an option if I need a 2nd job.

Let us know if you got the job or not. (here's to hoping you did)

ya i like smoothies i guess but not a addict..yet...but JazakALLAH Khair sis,n InshALLAH ill let u no if i do get the job..(Pray that i do)

SixTen
08-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Pretty sure its halal - according to some fatwahs. As long as the majority of the shops profit comes from halal things, its ok. I had a cousin who was concerned about his working at a supermarket (which sells haram things) - at the tills - but he did ask some scholars and they said it is permissable. So I wouldn't sweat it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.