/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question(s) of the week

جوري
08-15-2008, 01:03 AM
Name that syndrome and include diagrams for 67 pts

1- incurred in a clean injury, paralysis, loss of proprioception ( The ability to sense the position and location and orientation and movement of the body and its parts) distal to that injury and loss of pain preception distal to the injury but on the opposite side....

2-Typically seen in burst fractures of the verterbral bodies, there is a loss of motor function, loss of pain and temp sensation on both sides distal to the injury with preservation of vibratory and positional sense

3-occurs in the elderly with foced hyperextension of the neck in (rear end collision). There is paralysis and burning pain in the upper extremeties, with preservation of function in the lower extremeties

Thank you

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-15-2008, 04:12 PM
:bump:

no takers?

Re.TiReD
08-15-2008, 04:14 PM
I might just take a shot :D :BeRightBack:

Re.TiReD
08-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Did number 2 dislocate her spine? :-[

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
08-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Ha ha, I'm thinking of sutin real dodgy shall I say it? :thumbs_up

Yah I can't do research btw, I'm toooooo busy :BeRightBack:

جوري
08-15-2008, 04:44 PM
burst fractures happen in severe trauama.. it isn't a dislocation...
this time around the questions aren't particularly hard.. i.e they are google(able) unlike what I usually put in here. I am surprised there are no takers yet..

chacha_jalebi
08-15-2008, 04:46 PM
they sound so horrific :muddlehea

is any of them anterior cord syndrome? or is that more to do with spine hmmmm

جوري
08-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Anterior Cord Syndrome yes... very good... but which one?....
and I agree they are horrific but there is always worst.. personally I think amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is as bad as it gets...

al7mdlilah alzhi 3afana mima ibtala beh ghyrona, wa fadhalana 3la katheer mima khlaq tafdeela..

Re.TiReD
08-15-2008, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by skye ephémérine
anterior cord syndrome yes... Very good... But which one?....
And i agree they are horrific but there is always worst.. Personally i think amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is as bad as it gets...

Al7mdlilah alzhi 3afana mima ibtala beh ghyrona, wa fadhalana 3la katheer mima khlaq tafdeela..

its number 2 :p

جوري
08-15-2008, 05:01 PM
I'll wait for all three before I let you know:X:p

Re.TiReD
08-15-2008, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
its number 2 :p

Now gimme 67 points for nicking chacha's answer :D

chacha_jalebi
08-15-2008, 05:02 PM
^ you googler :mmokay:

:embarrass

http://www.strokecenter.org/education/glossary.html :D lol

جوري
08-15-2008, 05:05 PM
lol you are hilarious.. will wait for all three young lady..

I feel sick today myself.. I'd make a good question...

just to sweeten the deal

what syndrome do you have when you have a young woman in her 20's or 30's with high blood pressure and unilateral leg swelling?

Re.TiReD
08-15-2008, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine

what syndrome do you have when you have a young woman in her 20's or 30's with high blood pressure and unilateral leg swelling?

The 'I ran too much and ate too much greasy food' syndrome? :-[ ok I'm sorry for ruining your thread but since you aint telling me off for spamming I'll go and do a search pronto insha'Allah

Re.TiReD
08-15-2008, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine

hmm has she got Deep vein thrombosis?

جوري
08-15-2008, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
hmm has she got Deep vein thrombosis?
well technically yes.. it is May-Thurner syndrome due to an anatomical defect, which does predispose one to DVT.. still waiting on other answers.. but I am too annoyed now with two major system crashes on my new computer so I can wait...

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-15-2008, 10:16 PM
from the little bit I can gather my guesses are;

1, is some kind of brain damage

2, spine damage

3, something like whiplash

????

جوري
08-15-2008, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
from the little bit I can gather my guesses are;

1, is some kind of brain damage

2, spine damage

3, something like whiplash

????
I need you to name them syndromes.. so next time you see an elderly dude for instance who complains of burning sensation in his arms, and unable to move em but everything below the belly button is working fine.. you'd go aha.. step aside folks I know exactly what happened here.. and you can pain a sherlock like scenario for them, where he was trying to get away in his pick up truck after robbing a bank and had a rear end collision with a police car.. and name his malady :D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-15-2008, 10:44 PM
That requires way too much research and reading big pdf medical disappearing books.

جوري
08-15-2008, 10:52 PM
No.. it doesn't under normal circumstance I'd agree, most of my previous Q's required some reading and research, but these I gurantee can be found with a simple google search.. someone already answered anterior cord syndrome.. the other two are of the same nature... =)

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-15-2008, 11:05 PM
okay then the first one seems like a spinothalamic injury

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.