/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thread un-approved

SATalha
08-15-2008, 04:32 PM
AssalamuAlaikum

on the 20th of June 08 I recieved a PM from one of the mods about my thread that I posted in the events section. It was a Ramadan event "Harvesting the fruits of Ramadan" that was being organised by Easy-Talk. The reason that the thread was un-approved was as follows:

we are uncertain about the speakers, event or the source

I accepted this and then gave the information. Shaykh Ahmed Saad is a graduate of Al Azhar (Egypt) and he is the Imam and Khatib of Finsbury Park Masjid (London). He studied under people like Shaykh Qaradawi. How much more assurance do you need?

After this the mod was still unsure:

To be honest, I'm still a bit unsure

I didnt know what more I could say? I mean Azhar is that a devient place for you guys? Have you never heard of these places? It just takes 2 minutes to do some research about the speaker and the organisers to find out that we mainstream sunni organisation Khalas.

I wanted to deal with this matter after the event had finished becuase I was busy organising it and I didnt have time at that moment to have an online discussion about it.

Can I ask:

-Who runs this forum
-A proper reason why the thread was un-approved

JazakAllah Khair, please be assured I intend no malice. I was just a bit suprised at the forum which i have been a member of....for some time.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
08-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh akhi, sorry to hear that, but creating this thread wazen a great idea...I think,

You can use helpdesk next time =D

sERIOUS THEY'RE REAL QUICK, i USE IT FOR NO REASON SOMETIMES ...Ooops caps..

IbnAbdulHakim
08-15-2008, 04:46 PM
al-azhar is a well recognised authority of the teachings of Quran and Sunnah... according to the madhaahibs right?

chacha_jalebi
08-15-2008, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
on the 20th of June 08
you got the time aswell :p

akhi, like the moderator said, we are unsure of the speaker, if your unsure about somethin shouldnt you leave it? thats what the Prophet (Saw) taught us, leave what you doubt:D

also make a thread about the scholar, so we can be aware of him innit! like tell us about his works and stuff, because we might not be aware of him:D

dont be offended, we still love you *big hug*:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
08-15-2008, 04:52 PM
:salamext:

Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt (Tirmidhee)

Woodrow
08-15-2008, 05:10 PM
:sl:

Please remember not all of us are from the UK. There are many excllent Islamic Scholars in the UK, but those of us who do not live there have very limited knowledge of them.

Not all of the mods and admins are on line at the same time. Each mod often has to make decisions based upon their own knowledge. If we do err, may the error be on the side of being over cautious.

SATalha
08-15-2008, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
al-azhar is a well recognised authority of the teachings of Quran and Sunnah... according to the madhaahibs right?

Yes thats right, its one of the best places in the whole world for Islamic Studies and the oldest University as well.

I understand what you are saying about doubt, but I think the doubt here can easily be removed. I think with the information on the poster and the extra info that I provided it could of been clarified.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-15-2008, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Yeah..it's a great place to go and study Masha'Allaah. I think they teach Maliki Fiqh there primarily right? I'm not sure of the other madahib if they teach them there..but I'm pretty sure you can find teachers in the Al Azhar Masjid or old Cairo.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.